The Unoffically Official Morgan LeFlay Appreciation Thread

Comments

• edited August 2009
    I honestly think that she, in most respects, is far more competent than Guybrush himself.

Yeah, well unfortunately, the way it works out is that Guybrush has the luck of Homer Simpson, so that would probably mean that LeFlay is going to bite the big one a la this guy:

Homer%27sEnemy.png
  • edited August 2009
    It's youth and stamina(Morgan) versus old age and treachery. (Guybrush)

"I've been hearing stories about you all my life"

"Aren't you tired yet?"

Yes. Morgan has the advantage for most of the fight. Mainly foe two reasons which is more important I leave to you Guybrush is off his game with Elaine seeming to like LeChuck and worried about Winslow. "Head in the fight!" and Morgan started on her terms, (A plain swordfight) but Morgan forgot Guybrush's gift for altering the enviroment. Her sudden realisation is marvellous to behold.

Morgan also is somewhat tempting. Remember when Guybrush met Elaine. If you played SOMI:SE Elaine was just as enthusiastic as Morgan is.
  • edited August 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    I wasn't around for the design of that scene, but my read on it since playing it was more that Guybrush was always on the defense because Morgan was simply better with a sword than Guybrush, but Guybrush could gain the upper hand because, while he's competent enough, he'd for some reason end up combining a bucket of fish with tipping a boat with a seagull with a plank and win that way.

I replayed Spinner last night, and I watched the animations again.
    Watch the 'Brush. His face doesn't change it remains cool, calm and Netrual, as if he had done this a million times. His body isn't twisting in the manner of someone who is fighting for his life, he's parrying and diverting everything that morgan can throw at him AND he's thinking how to alter the environment at the same time. His movements and attitude are those of someone who has barely got to think about his opponent, so that he can concentrate on the "tasks" at hand. I mean Take the "Mast" Dialouge tree, He has time to talk about the mast 3 or 4 times while the person he is fighting is throwing her best moves at him, and he's talking as if it's a stroll in the park.

It might just be that this stuff wasn't worked into the animation, but as it stands it's very much how it looks to me.
  • edited August 2009
    Ironically Morgan misses an oppurtunity to deal with Guybrush because she thinks it's a ploy. (when you jump onto the mizzen and taunt). The mast is if you listen to the dialog repeatedly is how he gets round the no insult sword fighting. Morgan had the advantage. A subtle one. (She got overconfident and annoyed though). But generally parrying takes less effort than attacking.If Guybrush was attacking I reckon Morgan could parry and talk as well.
  • edited August 2009
    Ironically Morgan misses an oppurtunity to deal with Guybrush because she thinks it's a ploy. (when you jump onto the mizzen and taunt). The mast is if you listen to the dialog repeatedly is how he gets round the no insult sword fighting. Morgan had the advantage. A subtle one.

But it really isn't how he gets around it.
    She really doesn't get hyper pissed about it until like 4 or five inspections.
    if it was his way "Around" it it would have happened the first time you inspected the mast.
  • edited August 2009
    But it really isn't how he gets around it.
    She really doesn't get hyper pissed about it until like 4 or five inspections.
    if it was his way "Around" it it would have happened the first time you inspected the mast.

She's mildly annoyed after the first mention. though. Okay most people will miss it, but I think that's what makes most in story sense. Not that it's necessary to progress. But back to Morgan.
  • edited August 2009
    I mean Take the "Mast" Dialouge tree, He has time to talk about the mast 3 or 4 times while the person he is fighting is throwing her best moves at him, and he's talking as if it's a stroll in the park.

Oh man, that whole "That's the mast!" stuff had me in stitches! Morgan getting more and more annoyed. Brilliantly done XD
  • edited August 2009
    You guys have probably seen this in the Fan Art Thread but I wanted to put it here, since this was the thread that inspired me to do it.
    It's still pen and ink and yes it's an old scanner

Morgan Fan Art: Evolved

morganpencils1.jpg
    Morgan in Pencils

morganink1.jpg
    Inks Only (Pencil Lines Removed)

morganshade1.jpg
    The Finished Article, Inks with some pencil Shading

ans as I said before, I've a steady hand but no artisitc bent really, so while not Traced this is a snapshot from the Prologue of Spinner Cay
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2009
    Duate wrote: »
    i think it's less guybrush trying to show her the magic, and more that that's just the way he is. he'd not really the type to attack a woman, even if she is trying to gut him.

guybrush is a good man.

The idea was the Morgan was the one coming after him, so thus Morgan is initiating all the attacks. He's not being chivalrous, he just didn't really want to fight her.

And she was better than him. If you watch, one time he completely misses his parry and she almost gets him. The whole reason he's tries to catapult her away is because he can't beat her in a straight sword fight.
  • edited August 2009
    Excluding Guybrush and after Murray, Morgan is probably my favorite MI character now.

I'm hoping the story arcs so that she ends up with Guybrush. I just don't care about Elaine anymore, LeChuck can have her. She clearly doesn't appreciate Guybrush, despite his faithful devotion (so far). Sure their one-sided marriage makes for some great jokes for the viewer, but It's getting old fast I think.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode. ToMI is excelent so far IMO. :)
  • edited August 2009
    Morgan wears a piece of leather around her neck. I'm guessing it's to protect it from enemy sword slashes. HOORAH
  • edited September 2009
    rsnicksiv wrote: »
    Morgan wears a piece of leather around her neck. I'm guessing it's to protect it from enemy sword slashes. HOORAH

I'm thinking it'd be a great place to attach a leash. WOOF!

Seriously though, This does seems to Mirror the Guybrush and Elaine first meeting. Guybrush is barely effective, but manages to achieve his goal despite that. Also, I think the original dynamic that brought Elaine to Guybrush is gone. Elaine found Guybrush attractive because he WAS the only weak man on Melee Island. All of a Sudden LeChuck is weak being Human after being a powerful undead pirate for so long. Now Guybrush has come into his own and recognizes his strengths I.E Puzzle Solving, Appearing Weak and Incompetent, and Blindingly Brilliant Luck. I don't think the same attraction is there anymore. Morgan on the other hand is more cocky and views Guybrush more as the ULTIMATE PREY like a hunter stumbling on Big Foot or a Dinosaur. I see Guybrush moving on, and being happy about it.
  • edited September 2009
    Itchrelief wrote: »
    Homer%27sEnemy.png

RIP Frank Grimes
  • edited September 2009
    Can we get that avatar of Morgan leFlay and official screenshots/desktop pictures of Morgan LeFlay from TTG through that treasure hunting thing? :D
    I'm using Elaine as an avatar at the moment, but Morgan's SO much yummier... :D
  • edited September 2009
    I think she will turn on Guybrush and capture him at the end of this episode after working with him. Then, she will help him at the end when she realizes the error of her ways.
  • edited September 2009
    Morgan is totally the star of Chapter 3. People that love her will love her more and people that hate her will hate her more.
  • edited September 2009
    I can't wait to see more of her! I wonder if she and Winslow will (spoilers for Ch. 3 ahead)
    meet Murray as well
  • edited September 2009
    I got the BEST screen shot of Morgan and Guybrush! :)

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l299/Melly-Mann/GUYBRUSHANDMORGAN.jpg

I think they look soooo cute together! :)
  • edited September 2009
    Oh. My. GOD!

The scene is Chapter three on the boat.

When guybrush says "And We could get La Espoja"

Dominic played it perfectly, as if he was staring into the eyes of his soul mate.

I need to book a room at the Heartbreak hotel.
  • edited September 2009
    I loved when you try to use Murray on her. "Hello, what's your name sweet cakes? I might look like just a skull, but I'm alllll man."

Murray knows where it's at!
  • edited September 2009
    the people need romance! it has demanded GT-ML romance and it shall get it! no more elaine!
  • edited September 2009
    the people need romance! it has demanded GT-ML romance and it shall get it! no more elaine!
    I'd rather not. As much as I'm generally for mixing things up, especially concerning things from Curse of Monkey Island, the marriage is pretty good with me. And it feels really inorganic, one-sided. And it would definitely feel like a cheap soap opera ploy, to break up the existing relationship. There's plenty of "rescue films", where men are taken from the claws of commitment back into the realm of new passion. I don't see the Guybrush/Elaine dynamic as breaking apart, especially since they spend the entirety of their Chapter 3 appearances pining for and desperately trying to get to one another.
  • edited September 2009

Or, at the very least, a Murray-ML romance :D
  • edited September 2009
    I don't think Morgan and Guybrush will hook up, but I do like Morgan and want to see her end up with someone and not be all heartbroken.
  • edited September 2009
    Frogacuda wrote: »
    I don't think Morgan and Guybrush will hook up, but I do like Morgan and want to see her end up with someone and not be all heartbroken.

there was a thread somewhere that said she should end up with Elaine.
  • edited September 2009
    there was a thread somewhere that said she should end up with Elaine.

Jayne Cobb: "I'll Be In My Bunk!"
  • edited September 2009
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Jayne Cobb: "I'll Be In My Bunk!"

Oh man.
    Thats just Gorram Awesome.
  • edited September 2009
    I think everyone wants Guybrush to hook up with Morgan.

But even if they don't, her affections for guybrush and his inability to notice her approaches will make her a great recurring character.

Morgan = Best MI character yet.

Damn you telltale, making original characters better than all the old ones.
  • edited September 2009
    morgan2forweb.jpg
  • edited September 2009
    Duate Knocks it outta the park AGAIN!
  • edited September 2009
    WOW NICE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet she will die in the end of the series maybee one last swordfight with Guybrush and he will (accidently) score the finishing blow and he kills her!
  • edited September 2009
    Fury wrote: »
    I think the men here like Morgan and the women like Elaine more.
  • edited September 2009
    Frogacuda wrote: »
    I think the men here like Morgan and the women like Elaine more.

I like them both!
    You know, I would not be opposed, once all is said and done in this series, to TellTale making a spin-off series starring Morgan LeFlay. I know, it's probably really fangirlish of me, but there it is.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Fury wrote: »

But even if they don't, her affections for guybrush and his inability to notice her approaches will make her a great recurring character.

Morgan = Best MI character yet.

Damn you telltale, making original characters better than all the old ones.

Hnhmmmwelll...

It's about screen time and "quality time", I think. Morgan gets a lot of characterisation and character development in this episode, which, however stereotypical, makes her very dear to players.

Elaine, on the other hand, is neglected. We don't get to see what connects her and Guybrush; we just don't get to see the magic (important question: Did we ever really?). TTG will have a hard time getting Elaine back into the picture in future episodes. For players, that is, because interestingly (and I say way to go for this one, TTG), Guybrush isn't the least interested in a romantic relationship with Morgan LeFlay. It's always Elaine for him, the one prize goal and greatest treasure in his pirate life.
  • edited September 2009
    Oh man.
    Thats just Gorram Awesome.

I love how I cam make a Firefly reference on the internet and anyone worth their salt will get it :)

God bless the internet!
  • edited September 2009
    I love how I cam make a Firefly reference on the internet and anyone worth their salt will get it :)

God bless the internet!

I use "Gorram" "rutting" and "Shiny" in everyday conversation.
    even with those unfamiliar with the show.

speaking of which Jewel State for Morgan in the movie? LOL
    Thought she looks more like Morena.
  • edited September 2009
    I use "Gorram" "rutting" and "Shiny" in everyday conversation.
    even with those unfamiliar with the show.

speaking of which Jewel State for Morgan in the movie? LOL

And Alan Tudyk could make a good Guybrush. If only he were a little younger.

Also, Summer Glau as ANYONE! I needs me more Summer Glau :D
  • edited September 2009
    And Alan Tudyk could make a good Guybrush. If only he were a little younger.

If I were going to cast anyone from a whedon show as Guybrush?
    Attitude wise it would be NPH.
    Looks wise (and if he coudl pull off the acting) it would be Fran Kranz (Topher in Dollhouse)

But we're getting off topic LOL ;)
  • ConCon
    edited October 2009
    morgan2forweb.jpg

What have you done to those great thighs! Put her on diet? :confused:
  • edited October 2009
    morgan2forweb.jpg

:eek: I wish I could find hot women like that in that position more often. Nice work! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.