What was the best option for Agent Avesta?

What was better to do? Have iman go deaf or let her be guilt ridden?

Comments

• That's up to you; as is the case with most Telltale choices, you are basically picking your poison as one choice is rarely better than another choice on an objective level.

• I made her deaf because if she was guilt ridden she might do something drastic like kill herself or just go crazy.

• Does Agent Blake not matter to you at all in making the decision?

• I just want Bruce and iman to date lol

AgentZ46 posted: »

Does Agent Blake not matter to you at all in making the decision?

• I left her guilt-ridden, what mattered to me was that she survived.
    She might blame Batman for a while but in the end it's the better option. Deaf she is an asset to noone.

• Better to be deaf than have two dead agents.

I left her guilt-ridden, what mattered to me was that she survived. She might blame Batman for a while but in the end it's the better option. Deaf she is an asset to noone.

• We probably wont see those two generic agents again, and I would rather help her overcome her guilt than have her saying "HUH?? WHAT DID YOU SAY??" all the time.

• Better for her I mean. I don't care about The Agency.

Better to be deaf than have two dead agents.

• Well she's part of the agency. And I think Agent Blake at the least should matter.

Better for her I mean. I don't care about The Agency.

• It's true, no one cares about Patrick. He isn't name dropped like Blake if they both die. ( I did this on my second play through, and admittedly had a good laugh about the absolute lack of anyone caring. ) It would be interesting if you had an opportunity to know Blake while Agent Avesta recovers, and have a chance to assist her as Bruce Wayne if you did submit to her wishes. I would really enjoy an element where I could patch things up between Bruce and Tiffany through having her create technology to restore Avesta's hearing. By aiding another victim of the man responsible for her father's loss, maybe Tiffany could rekindle her spirit.

We probably wont see those two generic agents again, and I would rather help her overcome her guilt than have her saying "HUH?? WHAT DID YOU SAY??" all the time.

• I'm not playing until the physical release but I'll probably leave her guilt-ridden. I'd rather 2 out of 3 agents and a non-deaf Avesta than have her deaf.

Plus a guilt-ridden agent that can hear would probably be better off than a traumatized deaf person.

• I felt the same way at first but now thinking about it there's a good chance Batman has or can make a pretty high tech hearing aid for her as an apology. Her going deaf for awhile on her own choice with her partner alive might be better then to have her able to hear and be guilt ridden for her partner dying and she might blame Batman for it.

I left her guilt-ridden, what mattered to me was that she survived. She might blame Batman for a while but in the end it's the better option. Deaf she is an asset to noone.

• I think letting only one agent die is the better option that’s what I did.

• Answer the first question: to avoid Blake head chop

Let agent two die

Do what ever u need to do in the 3rd round.

So she only got blast twice.
    Will she be fine?

• I think agent 2 dies after Blake dies.

Vold posted: »

Answer the first question: to avoid Blake head chop Let agent two die Do what ever u need to do in the 3rd round. So she only got blast twice. Will she be fine?

• Not the other way around

I think agent 2 dies after Blake dies.

• You can't kill the second agent unless Blake dies first.

Vold posted: »

Answer the first question: to avoid Blake head chop Let agent two die Do what ever u need to do in the 3rd round. So she only got blast twice. Will she be fine?

• Clearly in Episode 2 you're going to have to deal with an Agency agent who has an issue with you... that's either Iman for letting her partner die, or Blake or letting his partner go deaf.

• Well his grievances will........

fall on deaf ears.

Muahahaha.

Clearly in Episode 2 you're going to have to deal with an Agency agent who has an issue with you... that's either Iman for letting her partner die, or Blake or letting his partner go deaf.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator
    edited August 2017

Though in this case, one option's probably better for the other agents. ;)

That's up to you; as is the case with most Telltale choices, you are basically picking your poison as one choice is rarely better than another choice on an objective level.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Personally, I'd rather go deaf than have a friend die.

• I spoiled this choice for myself accidentally, so I decided to save Iman. She seems like a more important character for the story. Plus, knowing Telltale, Batman is fucked either way. So at least he gets a lady!

• Poor Agent Blake :p

I spoiled this choice for myself accidentally, so I decided to save Iman. She seems like a more important character for the story. Plus, knowing Telltale, Batman is fucked either way. So at least he gets a lady!

• Personally, letting an Agent die for somebody's hearing isn't a Batman thing to do. Batman would save a person if given the chance. Like he said to Harvey in Ep4 in S1. "Even one death is too high of a cost"

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited August 2017

It is all depending on you, I personally answered these questions so all of them lived. Avesta is deaf but it is about saving lives as best as possible. But if you dont wanna put Avesta in danger and dont have any good intentions for Blake and the other agent, you are free to sacrifice agents.

By the way, saving everyone means that Riddler failed. Especially in that kind of situation, saving everyone means that Batman can save lives even in a twistled situation like that, even against a very smart antagonist Riddler. It is a victory in theory.

• He can still get the lady even she is deaf, you know :D

I spoiled this choice for myself accidentally, so I decided to save Iman. She seems like a more important character for the story. Plus, knowing Telltale, Batman is fucked either way. So at least he gets a lady!

• +1

Personally, letting an Agent die for somebody's hearing isn't a Batman thing to do. Batman would save a person if given the chance. Like he said to Harvey in Ep4 in S1. "Even one death is too high of a cost"

• Yeah, but it'll be harder. Ladies love with their ears, you know.

MrJava posted: »

He can still get the lady even she is deaf, you know

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited August 2017

She is already into Batman so she doesnt need ears to get impressed :D

Yeah, but it'll be harder. Ladies love with their ears, you know.

• As someone who's partially blind, I'm of the exact opposite mindset.

HiroVoid posted: »

Personally, I'd rather go deaf than have a friend die.

• Well, at least people care for him. Poor agent Patrick was just there to die.

Poor Agent Blake

• But how is she gonna listen to some nice ambient music while chilling with me in the bat cave, hmm?

Jk, it's certainly a thing I'd never do in real life nor in the game - if I didn't know about the choice. My first thought would naturally be to save lives but when I read some threads about it in this section, I was like "hell that might me worth it".

She is already into Batman so she doesnt need ears to get impressed

• I cared about him too! In fact he and Blake are alive for me.

Well, at least people care for him. Poor agent Patrick was just there to die.

• I wonder how he will react to you making his partner deaf. He clearly cared about her if he was willing to die for her to live.

I cared about him too! In fact he and Blake are alive for me.

• He doesn't have the best opinion of Batman now, according to the codex.

I wonder how he will react to you making his partner deaf. He clearly cared about her if he was willing to die for her to live.

• She better be deaf if she is gonna listen Ambient while she has the Jazz option :D just kidding. Ambient is good as well.

As I said; everyone is free to make their own choices and knowing Telltale, these determimant situations like let one live and let other die will not matter because usually characters die in next episode either way. Maybe Avesta will use a device that makes her hear again and maybe Blake and the other agent will die regardless in next episode idk.

But how is she gonna listen to some nice ambient music while chilling with me in the bat cave, hmm? Jk, it's certainly a thing I'd never

• That's what bad about TTG. I stopped caring about choices a long time ago because I know in the end everything will be the same.

She better be deaf if she is gonna listen Ambient while she has the Jazz option just kidding. Ambient is good as well. As I said; everyo

• Oh, well that is to be expected I guess. He can't blame us for trying to save as many as possible.

He doesn't have the best opinion of Batman now, according to the codex.

• edited August 2017

The first time i played, i really thought Avesta was going to die if i kept answering correctly (i didn't knew she was going to survive and stay deaf) so that's why i decided to fail the second question on purpose. In my mind i had to choose between saving her life (a character that i know and really like and might become important) or to save another unimportant character i dont even know.

• It's what Avesta wanted him to do, so while her opinion of Batman may change, it was still the best thing to do in that scenario. Playing Riddler's game is exactly what Batman would do, never willfully sacrificing people's lives.

Letting even one of those agents die means Batman is complicit. It seemed like a pretty straight forward choice for me, since I greatly respect Batman more with his morality intact.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.