Perfect Videogame?

13»

Comments

• edited December 2017

Metal Gear Solid 4

https://i.imgur.com/EucIfYY.gif

this was supposed to show up as a gif and imagine my disappointment when it didn't

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Couldn’t have said it any better myself. There’s no such thing as a “perfect video game” because everyone has different tastes in what they

• I’ve used that gif before lol. And I honestly think MGS 4 is the best in the entire series. A lot of emotion in it, especially the ending.

Metal Gear Solid 4 https://i.imgur.com/EucIfYY.gif this was supposed to show up as a gif and imagine my disappointment when it didn't

• I'm personally still torn between 3 and 5 but 4 sure is great

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I’ve used that gif before lol. And I honestly think MGS 4 is the best in the entire series. A lot of emotion in it, especially the ending.

• 5 was great too but it was confusing af at first.

I'm personally still torn between 3 and 5 but 4 sure is great

• edited January 2018

Borderlands 2 was such a relaxing game to play.

• Bloodborne feels like a perfect game to me.

• Amazing boss fights
    • Creepy areas
    • Multiple types of enemies
    • Awesome weapons
    • Flawless combat system

Cannot wait to play Dark Souls Remastered and FromSoftware's new IP.

• I was so disappointed when they didn't localize that one. I loved DOAX 1 and 2, they're perfect games to just chill with and zone out. Need that every now and then. And they're actually some of my favorite sport games; the volleyball is really tight and intuitive.

I actually love that game, I always have. I've played them all and I spent £70 importing that one and im not even a guy or gay.

• edited January 2018

First, to the OP, I don't want symbolism in my games, at all. It tends to be either negative spiritual crap (occultic) or just plain depressing. If it is there, I want it to be purely fictional, pertaining only to the game itself. I don't want to be assailed with unwanted messages, influence, or actual spellcraft.

Ok, the perfect game:
    There are seven, to me.
    1. Heavy Rain. Exactly the kind of mature interactive narrative I'm looking for, masterfully executed, spinning out into more variance and branching at every turn. It didn't pull punches, whether with presentation, things like nudity and emotional expression, or with subject matter. It was smart, gripping, tightly orchestrated, paced, and plotted, and yet the most fully interactive game I've ever played.

1. Final Fantasy 7. Eastern RPG nirvana. Can't wait for the Remake.

2. Tetris. Endless, simple but engrossing puzzle gameplay.

3. I want to say it was "Valiant Hearts 2"? Something "Hearts 2". It was so long ago. Basically, it was perfect strategy gameplay, that actually effected the epic narrative, with 81 possible, radically different endings. Unlike any medieval fantasy set game I've ever played, and one of the better examples of interactive narrative in gaming, in a non-cinematic style.

4. Uncharted 4. Some of the best action gameplay combined with some of the best storytelling and presentation in a game to date, did complete justice to its characters and their relationships, and how they played off one another.

5. Steambot Chronicles. A truly radiant narrative that evolves based on what you choose to do as the central character, and deep varied game systems. You've got the classic jrpg bit, the action combat with the steambots, an in depth dating sim that goes to epic lengths (like taking a multi-hour excursion with another character of your choice aboard your bot, or a swank dinner with another), a band and music rhythm game, a stock market, etc. etc., all crammed into one dreamlike package that goes on an on, but never feels out of place or padded.

6. Metal Gear Solid 4. Perfect gameplay, perfectly driving narrative and presentation that ties decades of interlaced storytelling together absolutely brilliantly. Fantastically paced.

Others that come close: Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect, KoTOR, Witcher 3 if not for the pervasive occult symbolism, Persona games if not for same and some narrative elements, DOA Collection, DOA5 Last Round, Tekken 3, DOAX, Yakuza series is really great, Mirror's Edge (the first), Suikoden 3, Assassin's Creed 2, AC Brotherhood, AC3, AC4 Black Flag, Life is Strange, Mass Effect 3 was great if not for the ending, the Total War series up until my PC couldn't handle them anymore, Elder Scrolls 3, 4 & 5, Xenosaga, and I could keep going.

Closest to perfect Telltale.. Right now, I think it's Tales from The Borderlands. But I love Telltale. There isn't one I don't like.

I don't think it's really possible to make my singularly perfect game. My tastes are too broad. Some elements that are perfect for one would detract from another.

• Heavy rain (...) Masterfully executed

I'm sorry, but the things I remember from that game are things like this.

Gotta love how this can be considered cannon to the story, since you don't fail the mission if you screw up the QTE like this. :D

This. I know it's been patched, but knowing that this once existed has permanently broken me of it's story immersion.

quetzicoatl posted: »

First, to the OP, I don't want symbolism in my games, at all. It tends to be either negative spiritual crap (occultic) or just plain depress

• Perfect video game?
    IMAO, Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

• I want that game!?

Perfect video game? IMAO, Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

• It's amazing! Especially on the Nintendo Switch!

Kng0604 posted: »

I want that game!?

• Yeah, that's what I will get it on.

It's amazing! Especially on the Nintendo Switch!

• The usual immersive story and involving characters but also when developers listen to their fans. Nothing is worse than a game riddled with unwanted glitches and bugs because the developers, for whatever reason, don’t listen to their customers.

• I just got done playing Persona 5, and I can honestly say that it was 112 hours well spent.
    Also, waifus. So. Many. Waifus!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.