Perfect Videogame?

Comments

• no prob my dude

enter image description here

NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! THANK YOU!

• No,

May I ask WHY is it a dumb wuation?

• enter image description here

no prob my dude

• nobody asked you papai fight me mate

• When it comes to cringe, i'm the only one you should ask.

nobody asked you papai fight me mate

• well it takes cringe to know cringe.

papai46 posted: »

When it comes to cringe, i'm the only one you should ask.

• Hey, that was well done and really interesting!

I love how you started off with just joking around and not being serious, and then you realized what the question was and you come out with this really interesting, thoughtful post that was the first one, and only one, to actually answer the question properly in detail.

I expected more posts like this to come from this thread, I thought it was a good question.

Now that I'm more awake and ready to answer this kind of question, I want to say that nothing is perfect. You can NEVER make something witho

• ay thanks my dude. i appreciate the kind words. i've kinda dedicated the past 9 months of my life to writing scripts and essays about video games and movies so it was hard for me to resist genuinely answering the question instead of just memeing.

Hey, that was well done and really interesting! I love how you started off with just joking around and not being serious, and then you re

• Wow, you write videogame scripts? That's awsome!

Uh, i have to confess, I'm trying to write a videogame script by myself, that's why I made this thread (im so selfish). Could i ask you got advice? Is there anything I should know, other for what you've already told me?

ay thanks my dude. i appreciate the kind words. i've kinda dedicated the past 9 months of my life to writing scripts and essays about video games and movies so it was hard for me to resist genuinely answering the question instead of just memeing.

• Doesnt exist

I think what makes a perfect game: * An immersive, compelling story with life lessons * Interesting, relatable characters * Beautiful scenery * Good music * Fun gameplay * Humor

• ...doesnt exist

• Perfect Videogame for me is

something interactive
    good story which is realistic (it's nice to have a break from fantasy games for a while)
    not unilateral
    good music is also a must
    it can steer all types of emotions (it can make you lol and cry buckets, and angry and aw and cringe)
    you get emotionally attached or at least relate to the main character
    it covers at least part of real life issues (political, economic, etc)

• Thank you! Totally taking note of this!

Anonymer posted: »

Perfect Videogame for me is something interactive good story which is realistic (it's nice to have a break from fantasy games for a whi

• oh no i don't write video game scripts per say, i just write reviews and essays about the games. the closest i get to script writing for an actual project is for a horror series i'm working on. i'm very sorry if i mislead you. but if i can offer any advice for writing any kind of script, it's that it should always come from the heart. my thoughts on games and the gaming industry are my own and they come from my opinions and views, which makes it easier for me to write passionately. i do the same thing when writing characters, whatever i write about them comes from the heart and the soul.

Wow, you write videogame scripts? That's awsome! Uh, i have to confess, I'm trying to write a videogame script by myself, that's why I ma

• Life is Strange was for me the perfect game

• edited September 2017

The Perfect Horror Game for me is a combination between:

Resident Evil (2002)

• Fixed camera
    • Safe rooms with a relaxing music, a save point and an item box
    • Crimson Heads
    • Hardest Puzzles
    • Lack of ammo
    • Immortal enemy which you can't defend yourself with weapons like Lisa Trevor and tragic backstory
    • Great characters like Jill, Chris, Barry and Rebecca
    • Exploring areas
    • Zombies

Alien Isolation

• Something scary as shit like the Xenomorph and kills you instantly
    • Unpredictable A.I.
    • Horrific Atmosphere
    • Stealth sections which are like the Hospital sequence, on first person
    • Crafting items for distraction and health
    • The Length

Outlast

• Great antagonists like Richard Trager and Eddie Gluskin
    • Chase sequence like the Male Ward one, NOT THE ONES FROM OUTLAST 2, THEY SUCK!!!!

Dead Space

• The Boss Fights
    • New Game+
    • Weapon upgrades

Until Dawn

• Great story-telling
  • Even with the shitty ending, the pointless powers, the terribly writen antagonist, the pop music and the fact that we never got a chance to kiss Kate?

KaiMaestro posted: »

Life is Strange was for me the perfect game

• Oh, sorry.

This is actually a very good advice... Thank you.

oh no i don't write video game scripts per say, i just write reviews and essays about the games. the closest i get to script writing for an

• Kate wasn't even a lesbian.

Even with the shitty ending, the pointless powers, the terribly writen antagonist, the pop music and the fact that we never got a chance to kiss Kate?

• I WANT PROOF

HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE'S NOT ONTO GIRLS

SHOW ME PROOF

AJDHLKFHASKÑLJASDGHAKHSFJLHFAG

LET ME DREAM GODDAMMIT

papai46 posted: »

Kate wasn't even a lesbian.

• edited September 2017

Ooh, this is the first I've heard about your projects and essays. Any place to find them?
    I'm curious to check them out. (As I'm a fan of long-form reviews on games)

oh no i don't write video game scripts per say, i just write reviews and essays about the games. the closest i get to script writing for an

• edited September 2017

i don't really post them anywhere outside of video form. i wrote one about bojack horseman recently that i'm considering posting but i'm not sure where i would so i might not. to my knowledge there's not really a site for that.

regardless, you can find my video reviews on my vidme channel if you're interested. i put a lot of effort into writing and editing them but unfortunately i have a gross mongoloid voice and a mediocre microphone so it's not anything spectacular.

https://vid.me/NAYR-Reviews

EDIT: as for certain projects like the horror series i'm working on, that's gonna take quite a while to finish, but I might posts W.I.Ps every now and then online somewhere.

AChicken posted: »

Ooh, this is the first I've heard about your projects and essays. Any place to find them? I'm curious to check them out. (As I'm a fan of long-form reviews on games)

• edited September 2017

OP is asking what would be the perfect game tho

AdamRoberts posted: »

...doesnt exist

• Hey, videos are totally fine for me!
    I probably prefer those more than simple text on a page...

I will check this out.

i don't really post them anywhere outside of video form. i wrote one about bojack horseman recently that i'm considering posting but i'm not

• Portal 2 is the perfect one

enter image description here

• I think you confused the topic here they talk about video games I do not think that online slots can be attributed to video games

• Tbh with you I'm a bit suprised that Witcher 3 hasn't been mentioned here. By far one of the best RPG games that's out now.

Don't wanna go into depth about why this game is so good, should be experienced by yourself. Those who've played this know what I'm talking about.

• GTA 5 story mode was probably one of the best experiences I have ever had in a video game until I completed it 100% but even then there is still a lot of stuff to do, such as Easter egg hunting, deep sea diving, role playing. People say the story was not very good and I have no idea why, it’s hilarious yet serious, it’s fun, the soundtrack is amazing, the characters are soooooo relatable, and just because the story doesn’t go in one specific direction doesn’t make it bad, because the entire game is basically separated into different arcs, such as Trevor’s first few missions, Franklin’s gangster mission, Michael’s family mission, the big one etc. And for people who like to make their own character, give them stories and view their stories in action there is gta online, where to witness their character go from an amateur gangster to a professional multi-business ownerwith millions of dollars, sports cars, contacts and guns. GTA is the perfect game for say 2 years of playing it, until you have finally completed everything there is to do and you get bored, but then the fun returns every time a dlc is released. If any of you haven’t played it yet for whatever reason, I really recommend it.

• My number one perfect game is Starburst, I adore it. However, I am a big fun of ps4 and The Witcher 3 is a perfect rpg for me.

• I started with pinball, moved to Pong and Asteroids, and took off when the first-person shooters like Call of Duty came along combined with high speed internet. Great entertainment value and I can join up with my friends and colleagues from here online where we play and catch-up. With new games building in social engagement, not surprising to see an increase in the number of users.

• The more of my favourite games I play, the more I realise the perfect game doesn't exist for me.
    2D Platform shooter: Metroid(s);
    3D Platform shooter: Ratchet & Clank Future's;
    Story: 200X's Bioware;
    Beat'em up: Arkham's;
    Adventure: Sam & Max.
    Etc...
    This game, not only, doesn't exist, it can't exist.

• The Last of Us

• edited November 2017

Come on people! We all know Pumkin World is the BEST GAME EVER!!! OMG LOOK AT THOSE GRAPHICS!!! SO ENTERTAINING!!! THE GAMEPLAY IS AMAZING!!!

• My boy’s a savage. Eats a whole glass jar, eats a water glass, a noodle cup, a full bar of butter, cheese with the wrapper thingie still on it, a soda can, a coffee mug, an orange juice glass, freaking pepper...including the shaker, without getting internal bleeding or having a stroke of some sort? Best. Game. Ever.

Come on people! We all know Pumkin World is the BEST GAME EVER!!! OMG LOOK AT THOSE GRAPHICS!!! SO ENTERTAINING!!! THE GAMEPLAY IS AMAZING!!!

• Yeah we all know this is the most realistic game ever!

Melton23 posted: »

My boy’s a savage. Eats a whole glass jar, eats a water glass, a noodle cup, a full bar of butter, cheese with the wrapper thingie still on

• Agree with you, The Witcher 3 is the best RPG. Almost every quest tells unique story with awesome gameplay features. I spent 100+ hours in Wild Hunt and near 50 hours in 2 other DLC. However, I dont like The Witcher table game, Gwin ? Looks boring, reminds me old Microgaming slots software or something like that.

Topher0913 posted: »

Tbh with you I'm a bit suprised that Witcher 3 hasn't been mentioned here. By far one of the best RPG games that's out now. Don't wanna

• Even though I grew up with VII more than IX and it holds a closer place to my heart I vastly prefer IX. It had a better story, cast and better game direction. VII really loses a lot of it's focus after disc 1 (the meteor chapter). IX had me laughing and crying more than any other FF.

FORTLEE posted: »

FF VII is much better

• It's so weird how this thread keeps getting revived by people to post their favorite game...

• Couldn’t have said it any better myself. There’s no such thing as a “perfect video game” because everyone has different tastes in what they like. Some like cinematic games like TWD S1 better than shooting games like Call of Duty. Vice versa.

Imo, I think some of the greatest games I’ve ever played are TWD S1, The Last Of Us, Batman: Arkham City, And Metal Gear Solid 4. All because I loved the characters and the story.

Now that I'm more awake and ready to answer this kind of question, I want to say that nothing is perfect. You can NEVER make something witho

Sign in to comment in this discussion.