2017 Games that disappointed you so far?

2»

Comments

• Same here. It was much cheaper in the physical release than in the PSN store, at least in my country.

most dissapointing game? outlast 2 i only played it because it was part of the trinity set

• I still want to play that game, but I don't really agree with their business model.

VenomHD posted: »

Man, I wish I had thought of saying that. Yeah, the whole micro-transactions and profiting off of a deceased executive producer really put me off wanting to buy it.

• Yeah, it didn't feel like an improvement. They added Stamina feature which was more of a downgrade than a great feature, realism is a terrible decision in video games, they should realistic when they need to be only.

Also, I hated the fact that they recycled the enemies from the first game, there was no character that is not Insert Outlast 1 character 2.0.

• Papa Knoth = Father Martin
    • Marta = Chris Walker
    • Laird and Nick = Dr. Trager
    • Val = Eddie Gluskin
    • The Priest / Religious teacher = Walrider / Billy Hope

There were no new enemies, they were acting exactly like the ones from the original.

Also, also they didn't bother to tell the players what the hell was going on in this game which results a DLC cash grab.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Even if I don't have much interest in a game or movie for whatever reason, I do try to find some form of positive qualities and moments that

• same reason here i live in the u.k

AronDracula posted: »

Same here. It was much cheaper in the physical release than in the PSN store, at least in my country.

• edited September 2017

Game that has recently impressed me is South Park - Fractured but Whole.

Some Youtubers etc got early copies so, seeing how the game actually is beyond very early part is actually promising.

I actually think the game is much better than Middle Earth - Shadow of War due no microtransactions.

• No expansion could have saved the base game.

prink34320 posted: »

Tis sad there are no more DLCs to expand on the story, it could've saved the game had they put in effort.

• The only full game that has disappointed that I played was Mass Effect Andromeda which has the worst parts of Inquisition but none of the polish or solid characters to hold it up. Also the Mako will always be a bad idea that Bioware can't make work. Give me the far more memorable levels and hubs of ME2 any day of the week.

Not a full game but the Shantae Half Genie Hero (good game btw) Dlc that adds a Risky boots campaign left me so disappointed that I actually gave it a steam review lol. You go though the same levels and fight the same bosses as the base game with minor changes and because all the levels are beatable in any order none of them take advantage of the extra moves you gain along the way until the final level. The final level is fun and even has a unique boss but even that has a problem because there's a bug that causes the game to crash if you don't speed through it. Game crashed on me around 10 times until I was able to get through it fast enough to the final checkpoint before the boss

• edited September 2017

Outlast 2 was a huge disappointment to me. The devs just threw in every disgusting thing they could think of for shock value.

I actually enjoyed Mass Effect: Andromeds, but it was nowhere near as good as the original trilogy. I still think it deserves a sequel.

Resident evil 7 was awesome. Loved the gameplay and some of the characters.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is definitely my GOTY.

So many games are coming out in the next few months. South: The Fractured But Whole, Assassins Creed: Origins, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Vampyr, Days Gone, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus, The Evil Within 2, Middle Earth: Shadow Of War.

• I don't play a lot of games which is why I ask: What are the microtransactions?

Clord posted: »

Middle Earth - Shadow of War The game isn't even out yet.

• I never played any of the Dishonored DLC either. I'm guessing you are going to say it is great, so maybe I should buy those too.

Well, yeah. While you should play those before doing Death of the Outsider, you really should play them before Dishonored 2 as well, as there are events and characters from the DLC's that play a role in Dishonored 2. And we're not talking like small little details, I'm talking big moments.

VenomHD posted: »

I would already have it, if not for it's PC launch. I was going to get it in the Bethesda steam sale, but that's where I ended up getting Pr

• ME3's DLCs saved the game for allot of people so I think it depends.

Jaku2011 posted: »

No expansion could have saved the base game.

• Those dlcs may have been good (Citadel is a good farewell I'll give it that) but they don't change the ending and Mass Effect 3 itself is still considered a disappointment to most. Lets say the save the quarian ark came out and was solid does that 5-6 hours of content save the 40 or so hours of schlock? no, no it doesn't and no amount of patches or DLC can save the poor story, voice acting, and bare bones lazy side quest in the main game that's there to stay.

prink34320 posted: »

ME3's DLCs saved the game for allot of people so I think it depends.

• In-Game purchases on top of an already full priced game.

I don't play a lot of games which is why I ask: What are the microtransactions?

• Even I have to say Andromeda. The game was okay... but just okay. I enjoyed it, but I hoped it would be so much more engrossing and polished than it turned out to be. What really killed it for me was the lack of any real choice in dialogue. Sure you got to choose the words, but the tone was predetermined all the way.

• Isn't that kind of similar with DLCs and Season Passes?

ScootyZ posted: »

In-Game purchases on top of an already full priced game.

• edited September 2017

Sort of, but DLC and Season Passes provides playable content whereas micro transactions provide ingame materials in the base game. Such as money, guns or whatever.

Isn't that kind of similar with DLCs and Season Passes?

• Like I said, it depends. Plus I don't see how 40 hours of Andromeda was schlock, you can hate the game for it's glitches turned into memes, for it's bad facial graphics etc. but the gameplay is still enjoyable and the story is still decent. I honestly think it's been blown out of proportion how terrible the game is, especially after all the updates that have been released and this is coming from someone who hated it from the beginning without giving it a chance.

Mass Effect 3 is hated for it's ending but everything other than that was absolutely great, gameplay, story, heck, they even did their best to make our decisions matter in a way and whilst it was disappointing in the end not being able to really see our war assets help out, the game was still enjoyable.

It's kind of like Mass Effect 2, the story was extremely poor and almost nonexistant and even incoherent but it was still an extremely enjoyable game, plot-wise it's saving grace would've been the highly praised suicide mission.

Each Mass Effect game has fairly big flaws but they're still enjoyable games overall.

Jaku2011 posted: »

Those dlcs may have been good (Citadel is a good farewell I'll give it that) but they don't change the ending and Mass Effect 3 itself is st

• edited September 2017

Outlast 2 school sections were so well done. I wonder why they just didn't make entire game based around it. It also got better with all those effects etc they put to late game.

So yeah, that game really takes effort to get into the good parts if you're not into whole walking around before it really starts to establish the setting kind of thing.

I agree that they put way more though to Outlast and Outlast 2 seems like "Well, the first one was so successful but why?" kind of thing.

Outlast 2 was a huge disappointment to me. The devs just threw in every disgusting thing they could think of for shock value. I actually

• Ass Effect:Blandromeda

• Well this game isn't from this year, but I started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and I'm deeply disappointed. A majority of the game is you walking, fighting, dying, and walking again. I highly doubt I'll end up finishing it, despite my efforts.

• Andromeda. Great gameplay, but seriously? The devs actually said something along the lines of not wanting to make the story too epic so players would feel free to take their time and explore the new planets and society. The original Mass Effect managed to pull it off, this was just a disappointing excuse for an underwhelming story.

ANF is a very easy pick. Horrible attempt at a continuation after a 2 year wait, felt like nothing more than a cash in at previous fans expense to put out a glorified side story. Easily one of my least liked games in recent memory, only passed by one other off the top of my head.

Fortnite. Seriously, **** that game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.