Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Discussion (SPOILERS!!!!)

13»

Comments

• I feel like there's a second layer to her that is hard to perceive.

She strikes me as a charming young woman who has no idea what she wants. People are drawn to her because she knows how empathy works and ho

• You could say that about anyone...There may be something else underneath...something she is not aware of. William does warn Chloe that she is a danger to her and that something more beautiful is coming. Max does not have Rachel's looks...but she may be more Chloe safe.

People have been giving Max shit for her not keeping in touch with Chloe...and it does suck for Chloe. But Max has her own challenges. It would seem at best she has Asperger with social anxiety or even high functioning autism with social anxiety...none of which makes it any better for Chloe...but Max is not the devil as some believe.

colbyjack posted: »

I feel like there's a second layer to her that is hard to perceive.

• I believe the whole point of the prequel is to leave us with more questions rather than answers about both of their characters.

You could say that about anyone...There may be something else underneath...something she is not aware of. William does warn Chloe that she

• Also gotta give a hand to this exquisite soundtrack. Very nice job Daughter!

• It would be cool to have some actual representation for people on the autism spectrum but that's not Max. There is no indication about it, she's just introverted, shy and quiet with social anxiety. She has no trouble understanding people and their behaviour or social situations. The first time I played I was actually surprised how good she handled conversations being that shy. A hell of a lot better than I do lmao.

And I've never understood people talking about her not keeping in touch like it's something that doesn't happen in real life, like it's uncommon and she's a spawn of satan or something. That has happened to me when people move away no matter how close we had been. Not seeing each other everyday, keeping in touch less and less, it's worse with anxiety and becomes more difficult to start again when more time goes by, even if you think about it and would want to. Not saying Chloe doesn't have a reason to be angry and hurt because I think she does. It sucks. But things are rarely so black and white.

You could say that about anyone...There may be something else underneath...something she is not aware of. William does warn Chloe that she

• I totally agree. Max had to adjust her life to Seattle; I don't think she purposefully ignored Chloe, she just had to focus on herself and this new situation.

lilsnek posted: »

It would be cool to have some actual representation for people on the autism spectrum but that's not Max. There is no indication about it, s

• In LiS when you are in Wells office you look at her record and listed is that she is in IEP (Individualized Education Program, a program usually reserved for students struggling with learning disabillities, attention deficits, emotional/cognitive disorders, autism or physical impairments like a lack of language, and allowing them to be taught in a special way)

lilsnek posted: »

It would be cool to have some actual representation for people on the autism spectrum but that's not Max. There is no indication about it, s

• Riddle me this:

Since Season 2 will focus on new cast and story, do you think it will be better than first season or just as worse as ever?

• Given we have no information about it at this stage, that is basically unknowable, but it's good to see you're approaching this with a positive attitude.

AronDracula posted: »

Riddle me this: Since Season 2 will focus on new cast and story, do you think it will be better than first season or just as worse as ever?

• Which means she could be on an IEP for a variety of reasons, it's not just for autistic people. I wonder if the writers knew a lot about the american IEP, weren't they non-american? I was on one where I'm from and without going into detail it was because of a difficult life situation. I'm not against it but I doubt it.

In LiS when you are in Wells office you look at her record and listed is that she is in IEP (Individualized Education Program, a program usu

• After playing LiS S1 over again and reading everything....Rachel Amber is not to be trusted...and I would say that if she had not died...she could have hurt Chloe. Her willingness to sell drugs to her fellow classmates and using Frank for a chance to get out of Arcadia Bay. Also after replaying BtS episode 1 and reading all the entries during the dream sequences...there is no doubt that Chloe loved Max deeply even at a young age...the first dream is a more wishful one...and her notebooks has a supposed letter from Max telling her that all the letters Max sent were somehow lost in the mail and that Max was coming back to Arcadia Bay and she would never leave Chloe again...also learned that Max's father is a report for a news paper.

• That's what I think too. Rachel is not trustworthy. She also likes to lie and manipulate people. She tricks Chloe into coming with her just to spy on her dad, she lies in the principal's office about the situation, and any affection she shows Chloe is only to gain her influence. Not to mention, she lies to Chloe later on about her relationship with Frank and gets involved with Mr. Jefferson. It's sad to think that Rachel most likely doesn't care about Chloe as much as Chloe does for her. Chloe's love for Max was always the one that was real.

After playing LiS S1 over again and reading everything....Rachel Amber is not to be trusted...and I would say that if she had not died...she

• edited November 2017

"Don't pretend you're not mesmerized, too"
    "See? You're so drawn to it, you don't even realize the danger"
    "Fire blinds us, just like darkness. But darkness blinds with absence, with loss"

What does fire blind with?
    "Beauty"
    "Fire is jealous, Chloe. It wants all the beauty itself. That's why you need to be careful"

Careful of what?
    "Of getting burned"
    It couldn't be more obvious, he's warning Chloe about Rachel, Rachel is the fire.
    And it might actually be a bit deeper than just Rachel... the beauty of the fire (Amber) is not only blinding, but the force of weather that is Rachel might become jealous, want everything to themselves, and will do everything in their power to take Chloe away from the greater beauty that awaits her.

• You will disappoint me if you get triggered so easily. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.