TWDG Original/Remastered Comparisons

2»

Comments

• All the more reason I won’t give my money to this company ever again. Just a money grabbing gaming company nowadays

Aaaaand you can't shoot Mike. Wonderful. Literally no meaningful changes, just slightly prettier in some aspects. Without even looking at the rest, I gotta say it's not worth it, even on discount.

• Can anyone confirm about Jane's model in episode one?

cutupuss- posted: »

Thats his episode 4 model, I hope they did the same for jane too

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Shooting Mike was never supposed to be a choice in the first place and was originally left in by accident until they quickly patched it.

Aaaaand you can't shoot Mike. Wonderful. Literally no meaningful changes, just slightly prettier in some aspects. Without even looking at the rest, I gotta say it's not worth it, even on discount.

• Umm,,, why did they give Lilly a smaller waist and a larger chest in the remastered version? She just looks so bizarre.

• Well, that was a mistake because it had nothing to do with "Season 3".

OzzyUK posted: »

Shooting Mike was never supposed to be a choice in the first place and was originally left in by accident until they quickly patched it.

• (Natasha's English demo line plays).

Actually, that happened in the original versions as well.

Ugh, the deck scene is left entirely intact and there's an audio bug at the standoff (Natasha's English demo line plays).

• Yep, they did the same for Jane. Although it isn't as obvious as with Kenny.

Original:

Collection:

Original:

Collection:

Original:

Collection:

Thats his episode 4 model, I hope they did the same for jane too

• Wow, they didn't even bother changing the official model with Episode 4 model, not that I like Jane but this is laziness.

Deltino posted: »

Yep, they did the same for Jane. Although it isn't as obvious as with Kenny. Original: Collection: Original: Collection: Original: Collection:

• edited December 2017

It does look better. I don't really mind if he looks a bit younger.

Here is a completely unexpected change Kenny in the original version of S3: Kenny in the collection version of S3: They actuall

• Eh... you can see a little improvement in the two bottom pics, but she still looks awful from that view in the first one. I guess it's better than nothing but AronDracula is right, why didn't they just use the episode 4 model for her? I was just talking about that with Dabig.
    Very annoying, especially with how pricy this remaster is to begin with.

Yep, they did the same for Jane. Although it isn't as obvious as with Kenny. Original: Collection: Original: Collection: Original: Collection:

• pics or it didn't happen

Auruo posted: »

Umm,,, why did they give Lilly a smaller waist and a larger chest in the remastered version? She just looks so bizarre.

• edited December 2017
    • never supposed to be a choice
    • was originally left in by accident

something doesn't add up here

• Huh. I never thought of them adding in deleted stuff. But when I think about how some people have easily put together reconstructions on youtube and they don't even work for a professional company... hmm.

dan290786 posted: »

All the more reason I won’t give my money to this company ever again. Just a money grabbing gaming company nowadays

• Ugh, the deck scene is left entirely intact

um, lol?

Ugh, the deck scene is left entirely intact and there's an audio bug at the standoff (Natasha's English demo line plays).

• Pretty much.

• These graphics are pretty cool. Then again, same Jane, same relentless-undying-monsterous-hate :)

• I actually think it's HILARIOUS that Kenny gets treated better by the TT staff in this than Jane.

AronDracula posted: »

Wow, they didn't even bother changing the official model with Episode 4 model, not that I like Jane but this is laziness.

• Actually, neither Kenny or Jane had their models switched. They just put the new textures from episode 4 on their episode 1 models.

GohanFGC posted: »

I actually think it's HILARIOUS that Kenny gets treated better by the TT staff in this than Jane.

• Interesting.

Actually, neither Kenny or Jane had their models switched. They just put the new textures from episode 4 on their episode 1 models.

• But Jane actually has a different head model (in the EP4 flashback), does she not use it in the EP1 flashback?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I guess i should have phrased it better, what i meant was that it was never supposed to be a cannon choice. I guess during production they toyed with the idea of giving the players the choice to kill Mike and tried it during the beta phase but then decided to scrap the idea but accidentally left the code in the game.

If anyone did make that choice before they patched it Telltale would class it as non-canon and it would be slightly confusing for some players if he did suddenly return :p.

Louche posted: »

* never supposed to be a choice * was originally left in by accident something doesn't add up here

• Jane has some big ass elf ears!

• My bet was that it was a holdover from a different direction that they still animated, but decided not to actually use pretty late in production. Thus, why the PS3 still had it active by oversight.

What the fuck is that on your shoulder?!

@Deltino Actually, neither Kenny or Jane had their models switched. They just put the new textures from episode 4 on their episode 1 models.

Oh, well that explains why they still look kinda bad, albiet in a different way.

Louche posted: »

* never supposed to be a choice * was originally left in by accident something doesn't add up here

• I guess you could say I got lucky. But I wouldn't.

I guess i should have phrased it better, what i meant was that it was never supposed to be a cannon choice. I guess during production they t

• Well at least she doesn't look fat anymore.

• edited December 2017

enter image description here
    Well at least she doesn't look fat anymore.

UUUUUUUUUuuuuuugh!

What the fuck happened in that last one?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2017

Pretty sure its just the specific facial expression she has in that scene. Some facial expressions produce... interesting results on certain characters.

DabigRG posted: »

cutupuss- posted: » Well at least she doesn't look fat anymore. UUUUUUUUUuuuuuugh! What the fuck happened in that last one?

• No kidding. The Uncanny Valley is real.

Pretty sure its just the specific facial expression she has in that scene. Some facial expressions produce... interesting results on certain characters.

• Uh, I don't remember either of those bottom scenarios. The graphics look way better in both than I remember. And why is the house green in the right gif?

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Pretty much.

• Damn. Textures count for a lot. Telltale should keep that in mind for the final season... hint hint.

• In the Michonne game, Collection version: On the PS4, if you press R1 or R2, Michonne can litrally run in hub areas, it’s so funny XD

• Quick question: Since Telltale finally brought on the collectors edition/remastered version. You guys think TFS will be included after it comes out? Or will it just be something totally separate?

• edited December 2017

Hmm. From my impressions on their company at this point, I don't think they will do it. But it would be nice if this new CEO offers TFS as a discounted dlc for the collection once the full season is out. :o

Quick question: Since Telltale finally brought on the collectors edition/remastered version. You guys think TFS will be included after it comes out? Or will it just be something totally separate?

• That would be amazing. But I agree, I doubt it. I give it a year after it's release, like the anniversary of it. Worst case scenario it'll be included after 2yrs :D

Hmm. From my impressions on their company at this point, I don't think they will do it. But it would be nice if this new CEO offers TFS as a discounted dlc for the collection once the full season is out.

• Looks really good in most cases imo. There's some funky uncanny screens but It looks pretty nice in motion. May look into getting this physical.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.