Batman EW Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Releasing March 27th, Both Trailers Out Now

Comments

• More than one trailer? Ehh, this is the final episode after all - would it really be wise to show so much? I mean, we already got six preview screenshots instead of the usual three.

Also, re: shared scenes and stuff ( @Poogers555 ), by my own personal estimate, about 90-95% of the episode is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT dependin

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

There will still be things to find for yourself within the episode, and it obviously won't spoil the end...

There's going to be a season overview trailer, I'd say that will be the only thing you'll want to watch if you want to go in totally unspoiled.

But, in addition, there will be episode-specific trailers... those will be the ones you'll want to dodge if you want to go totally spoiler-free!

Putinovich posted: »

More than one trailer? Ehh, this is the final episode after all - would it really be wise to show so much? I mean, we already got six preview screenshots instead of the usual three.

• I just wanted to say that I'm really digging the positive vibes going on today. It gives me vibes of the forums around the TWD S2/Wolf/Tales/Thrones era of episode hype.

As for the episode itself, it also sounds really hype. I missed the non-Joker screens from earlier, so it looks like people wanting the suicide squad to show up might get their wish.

• Thanks for the quick reply! And for the spoiler warning, too!

There will still be things to find for yourself within the episode, and it obviously won't spoil the end... There's going to be a season

• By the way, just wanted to ask
    By 3.5 hours did you mean the total length of the episode ( with both John and Joker ) or the length for the each episode?
    By that I mean if we'll have 1 hour 45 minutes for each episode or 3 hours 30 minutes for each episode ???

There will still be things to find for yourself within the episode, and it obviously won't spoil the end... There's going to be a season

That's total length for both branches combined.

CallMeCoolG posted: »

By the way, just wanted to ask By 3.5 hours did you mean the total length of the episode ( with both John and Joker ) or the length for the

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2018

I'm guessing they mean an average episode length for each story arc (Vigilante Joker and Villain Joker). The overall cumulative length of both arcs combined would be 3 hours 30 minutes as they said.

EDIT: Yup, confirmed by poptarts who just ninja'd me :p

By the way, just wanted to ask By 3.5 hours did you mean the total length of the episode ( with both John and Joker ) or the length for the

• So 1 hour 45 minutes in total when you play it
    Nice, looking forward to it!

That's total length for both branches combined.

• It is obviously 1 45 h for each path.

• Ohh, will the season overview trailer include choice percentages? :) Always glad to see those.

• They never said that in particular. It could vary, with one arc being longer/shorter, or the combined scenes could also slightly extend the story length for both arcs.

So 1 hour 45 minutes in total when you play it Nice, looking forward to it!

• I've missed the trailers like that from the Wolf/TWD Season 2 era of episodes. If Telltale wanted to bring those back (or make developer News posts where they share/discuss the developer's take on the choice split after an episode has recently premiered), that would be really cool!

Pipas posted: »

Ohh, will the season overview trailer include choice percentages? Always glad to see those.

• true

They never said that in particular. It could vary, with one arc being longer/shorter, or the combined scenes could also slightly extend the story length for both arcs.

• edited March 2018

I hope characters like Montoya and Regina appear even if they have a little role, I’d be happy with cameos. I hope Avesta and Tiffany have a bigger roles in the final Episode :(

I can neither confirm nor deny.

• They seemed to be teasing Tiffany having a bigger role for the future in Episode 204 pretty hard, so I would be really surprised if she did not have a decent presence in this episode.

I hope characters like Montoya and Regina appear even if they have a little role, I’d be happy with cameos. I hope Avesta and Tiffany have a bigger roles in the final Episode

• Gordon must be crying in a corner since nobody is even asking if he will appear.

• Gordon is old news. The fans want Frank.

Kaelthas posted: »

Gordon must be crying in a corner since nobody is even asking if he will appear.

• WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE HIM SO MUCH!
    HE HAS BABY ARMS

Gordon is old news. The fans want Frank.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This episode looks really good and the fact we may have FRANK makes it even better ?

Currently i only have one save with a vigilante Joker but seeing that there will be a big difference between the two endinge i think i might do an alternate playthrough to see how different it is for myself rather than watching on youtube.

• Same. I especially loved when they included some of the choices that weren't in the choice statistics of the episode itself.

I've missed the trailers like that from the Wolf/TWD Season 2 era of episodes. If Telltale wanted to bring those back (or make developer New

• Frank......FRAAAAAAAAAAANK.

• Can you either confirm or deny s3?

• He may have baby arms, but with them he managed to steal my heart.

Kaelthas posted: »

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE HIM SO MUCH! HE HAS BABY ARMS

• @mostlypoptarts Thank you for coming here and making things very clear for everyone, means a lot famo

bUt iF nOT TrUe YoU OwE mE SoCKs!!!1!

If you truly don't think I have held up my word when the episode comes out...

I will get you the socks.

Poogers555 posted: »

@mostlypoptarts Thank you for coming here and making things very clear for everyone, means a lot famo bUt iF nOT TrUe YoU OwE mE SoCKs!!!1!

• Oh boi, now he'll say you lied no matter how good the episode is.

If you truly don't think I have held up my word when the episode comes out... I will get you the socks.

• And if you WERE telling the truth then @Poogers555 will have to get YOU those Rhys socks.

If you truly don't think I have held up my word when the episode comes out... I will get you the socks.

edited March 2018

Or, what if Poogers lies for the socks?

Pipas posted: »

Oh boi, now he'll say you lied no matter how good the episode is.

• h-h-hey man i was just kiddin :sweat_smile:
    ʷʰᵃᵗ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᶦᵗ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ʳʰʸˢ ˢᵒᶜᵏˢ ᵖᵒᵖᵗᵃʳᵗˢ﹖ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃᶰᵗ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵐᵉ﹖ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃᶰᵗ ᵐᵉᵐᵉˢ﹖ ᶦ ᵍᵒᵗ ᵐᵉᵐᵉˢ⋅⋅⋅ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵉᶰᵗᶦᵒᶰᵉᵈ ¹ ˢᵒᶜᵏ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ᵖᶫˢ ᶠᵃᵐ ᴾᴸˢ

• wow blind when have i E V E R lied around here? :sweat_smile:

Or, what if Poogers lies for the socks?

• What if Selina’s cat returns?

• We didn't even get details for new frontier just strange vague responses like "its so big we had to make it two episodes". Be strange that they'd give out such specific details as "3.5 hours of content spread across 2 distinct stories". Well at least now we can have someone counting the total length for each playthrough and crying telltale lied cause its shorter by 5 mins.

Last time something was so hyped - including episode length, different characters, etc - it gave us ANF... hopefully this doesn't turn out the same... I have my doubts unfortunately.

• edited March 2018

Its been a while since I've been so stoked for an episode. I was worried the finale wasn't going to get that much attention but the marketing so far has been brilliant and the idea of separate trailers for each route will really showcase to people that this finale contains 2 distinct full length episodes in one 5 dollar package. Bravo, Telltale.

• I'm super stoked as well.
    Although, realising that I've committed myself to not look at the trailers is going to make these next few weeks agony. It'll be even worse if there's light spoilers to avoid.

Its been a while since I've been so stoked for an episode. I was worried the finale wasn't going to get that much attention but the marketin

• Well I mean ANF had a lot of hype build up that all fell flat, like the whole "EPISODE TOO BIG" and the "42 different starting points and types of Clems" and how Telltale said S2 endings were going to be very important, but all of that fell really flat, so there isnt anything wrong with having some doubt.

Seeing that mostlypoptarts was in here definitely reassures me on what they were saying in the blog post (although it seems more like 16 characters than 38) seeing how ANF made these claims but never did anything after to back them up, so seeing poptarts going into even more detail does put me at ease. But yeah, basically Im saying there is nothing wrong with being a little skeptical.

We didn't even get details for new frontier just strange vague responses like "its so big we had to make it two episodes". Be strange that t

• edited March 2018

My face now

• That's totally fair. mostlypoptarts showing up and providing us with more accurate details is much appreciated, and I think should tone down some of the skepticism. It really seems like they poured their hearts and souls this time around. I truly hope it hits the right notes for you and the skeptics who were soured by ANF.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well I mean ANF had a lot of hype build up that all fell flat, like the whole "EPISODE TOO BIG" and the "42 different starting points and ty

• Don't go around saying such things, you'll get my hopes up, DON'T YOU DARE.

ANXXX7 posted: »

What if Selina’s cat returns?

edited March 2018

The "42 points" for ANF was misunderstood - they meant that the Story Generator resulted in 42 different permutations of Clementine's personality throughout previous choices in Seasons 1 and 2, so that if you were unable to import a direct save file, then you had 42 different variations of Clem that resembled "clusters" of player choices. They didn't mean that in the context of "42 different starting points for ANF."

Here is one of the examples of the "permutations" they were talking about.

• I'M SO GLAD WE'RE GETTING MORE BANE! I thought that was it for him last episode. I didn't think they'd be following up the Suicide Squad premise so soon. I'm even more excited now. Can't want to show Gotham the newest Dynamic Duo with Batman and Joker. So excited about the Vigilante John Doe and Villain John Doe paths being so different. Hopefully the scene with Freeze in the last episode and whether you choose to help him or walk away from him has consequences in this episode.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Tracking device from Waller? Harley and Bane also have it

Sign in to comment in this discussion.