Smash Bros Ultimate for Nintendo Switch - 70+ characters, 103 stages, 8+ guest characters

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited August 2018 in General Chat

HOLY CRAP WHAT A BOMBSHELL

General rundown:

• 70+ characters and echos (including 8+ guest characters)
  • 103 stages
  • 800+ music tracks
  • Newcomers including Inklings, Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont (of Castlevania)
Tagged:

Comments

• That BOTW Link.

• FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

• HOLY SHIT THATS AWESOME!!!

• I KNOW RIGHT

lupinb0y posted: »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

• edited March 2018

I don't own a Switch.
    I never got around to buy a Wii U.

This was the first Nintendo direct I've seen (apart from that small one in Jan.)

I've been floored by this announcement.
    Before, I was simply intrigued by the Switch.. But now, it is my duty to get one in the next year or two.
    Someone help me stand up again... :hushed:

• edited March 2018

H E L P

• please help i can't stop watching this

Poogers555 posted: »

H E L P

• Frank, my boi, you had a good run as my avatar, but it's time to move aside for the one true king.

• poogs vs green rematch or??? :neutral:

• edited March 2018

I was not expecting a new Super Smash Bros. so soon.

A pity that some newcomers may not make it to the next game, mainly the Wii Fit Trainers that I main.

• Green, you'll just lose again man ;'(

Green613 posted: »

poogs vs green rematch or???

• Well we still don't know if this is a direct port or not.

I think its going to be a weird port/new game hybrid. Im expecting it to be pretty much be the Wii U version but with a lot of new content like characters, stages, ect. And that it will probably have a "real" name instead of Smash Bros For Nintendo Switch. So I think Wii fit Trainer is probably safe to return

RichWalk23 posted: »

I was not expecting a new Super Smash Bros. so soon. A pity that some newcomers may not make it to the next game, mainly the Wii Fit Trainers that I main.

• edited March 2018

Well we still don't know if this is a direct port or not.

I think its going to be a weird port/new game hybrid. Im expecting it to be pretty much be the Wii U version but with a lot of new content like characters, stages, ect. And that it will probably have a "real" name instead of Smash Bros For Nintendo Switch. So I think Wii fit Trainer is probably safe to return

Now that I think about it, it does seems a little too soon for a fresh new Smash game, so it's likely an extended cut no. 2 of the 4th game.

The 3DS seems to be the minimal 'base' content, while the Wii U expands on the fourth title with more content. It's possible that the Switch may go even further, such as bringing back the Ice Climbers if the Switch port can handle 16 combatants on an 8-Player battle.

I'd hate to be that person, but I'm also hoping for another series of balance patches, just to see if Wii Fit Trainer gets another buff in the future.

• scared cause you cant play me without 20 frames of lag LMAO

Green, you'll just lose again man ;'(

• Let it be known that there was 0 lag in these matches.

Also green, dont forget you made me do an internet speed test with you and mine was a lot faster ;'(

Green613 posted: »

scared cause you cant play me without 20 frames of lag LMAO

• YES! YES! BE FREE MY CHILDHOOD!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

• 0 lag but we were playing online??? lies

Let it be known that there was 0 lag in these matches. Also green, dont forget you made me do an internet speed test with you and mine was a lot faster ;'(

• Found this via the Walking Dead meme thread, figured it might be good for a laugh in the middle of Smash Bros hype:

• SHOW ME YOUR TRUE POWER

Found this via the Walking Dead meme thread, figured it might be good for a laugh in the middle of Smash Bros hype:

• That Smash reveal... just... Jesus.

Literally every character is back now (and Ridley) :astonished:

• I'm glad the guy finally made it to the arena after all these years.

That Smash reveal... just... Jesus. Literally every character is back now (and Ridley)

• Most ambitious crossover in history

• WHAT? WOLF IS COMING BACK?!?!?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

• I don't even play these games and I'm impressed. Konami was nice to let them use Classic Solid Snake especially. And Ridley looks awesome.

• This, TWD and KH are both giving me life and killing me.

• "Super Smash Bros Ultimate announced for Nintendo Switch; All characters back + Ridley, Inklings"

just those two? you're really gonna play my girl daisy like that? for real?

• Yes, Clemy, yes I am :triumph:

"Super Smash Bros Ultimate announced for Nintendo Switch; All characters back + Ridley, Inklings" just those two? you're really gonna play my girl daisy like that? for real?

• ya know blind you and i were cool in the past. but this? i cannot have this. that's it. you're banned from my roblox server AND my myspace page. and i'm hacking your club penguin island account

Yes, Clemy, yes I am

• POKEMON TRAINER IS BACK AND TOON LINK+LUCARIO AREN'T CUT

• I can't believe Megaman and Mario are FUCKING DEAD

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2018

So, aside from the most likely obvious answer (Snake), which characters are you guys excited to see return (that were not in Smash 4/DLC)?

• Wolf was my main in Brawl, and I'm pleased to see him return in Ultimate to join Wii Fit Trainer as my mains.

So, aside from the most likely obvious answer (Snake), which characters are you guys excited to see return (that were not in Smash 4/DLC)?

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Perfection.

• Oh my God, this video is amazing :joy:

Perfection.

• Wait a minute!

Nobody told me my favorite stage from Brawl is returning! Spear Pillar!

And Wuhu Island! (Still waiting on Wuhu Island battle royale, ok Nintendo?)

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2018

...which reminds me on a tangential note - the stage selection for Ultimate is gonna be nuts. They are bringing back around the ball park of 80-85 stages from all of the old games back. Previous speculation led people to think that *every* stage ever was going to return, but Nintendo staff confirmed that was not the case in various E3 interviews.

Nevertheless, that's only like 30 stages in the entire series history that still remain unconfirmed, some of which are redundant from having multiple versions, 3DS exclusive gimmicks (where each player had their own screen), or a rumored restriction of giving each third party only one stage.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Wait a minute! Nobody told me my favorite stage from Brawl is returning! Spear Pillar! And Wuhu Island! (Still waiting on Wuhu Island battle royale, ok Nintendo?)

• edited July 2018

Hold up Blind - we already have 83 stages! This stage collection is going to be crazy! The Wii U edition barely has half of that, with only 42!

...which reminds me on a tangential note - the stage selection for Ultimate is gonna be nuts. They are bringing back around the ball park of

• It's pretty neat to see the upresed 3DS stages.

• Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like Link's new non-BOTW look in Ultimate. I get that Nintendo is trying to emulate the NES games more then Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, but I wish we got TP Link as an alternate costume. The old design just looks so much better.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.