Smash Bros Ultimate for Nintendo Switch - 70+ characters, 103 stages, 8+ guest characters

Comments

• edited August 2018

Soooo these might be things that might happen...

[Possible new character leaks]

Also this

• edited August 2018

Vergeben also mentioned... [mod edit: potential leaked spoiler warning]

Ken

directly like a week ago.

[potential leaked spoiler warning for another character]

I think the Dante thing wont be true. Everything he said seems more like things anyone who was a big Devil May Cry fan could figure out what the next logical step forward would be. The only thing that seems hard to guess is the "staff guy" but even thats not too hard, they all use these type of weapons, saying a staff like weapon isnt the most out there thing.

lupinb0y posted: »

Soooo these might be things that might happen... [Possible new character leaks] (Spoiler)

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2018

I'm... not quite sure on what to think of the [Spoilers] rumor from 4Chan in particular, but yeah, a few leakers such as Vergeben have been posting several rumors. So far, there's...

[Spoiler Warning - leaks from fairly accurate leaker...]

• Ken (presumed Ryu Echo)
    • Isabelle (presumed Villager Echo)
    • 2nd Square Enix character
    • Incenoroar (new Pokemon Gen 7 character)
    • (...and possibly Isaac from Golden Sun [GBA])
    • (Some form of Minecraft representation - possibly a stage or assist trophy.)

Other leaks mention the possibility of...

• Skull Kid
    • Second Namco character
    • Dante from Devil May Cry (as discussed above)

...and as a non Spoiler/leak, people are also speculating a Shadow echo for Sonic since his assist trophy was missing and replaced with Knuckles.

• edited August 2018

I'm more then okay with some of these like

Isabelle, Incenoroar, and Skull Kid.

But I'm really not a fan of that third party characters the have been leaked. I wish that we got third parties that are a bit more familiar to American audiences. A lot of times when I talk to friends who are unfamiliar with Smash, a topic that gets brought up is the third parties. Characters like

Dante and Ken

aren't really household names, so I tend to get a response of "Who?" or "What game are they from" when I bring them up with friends.

I really like characters like Simon, but I do hope we get characters that I'm more proud to present to friends that are new to Smash Bros.

Also: regarding Skull Kid

I was hoping more for Toon Zelda/Tetra instead of Skull Kid. I found a small thing of evidence for Windwaker representation in the Direct, so hopefully that escalates to Toon Zelda being playable.

I'm... not quite sure on what to think of the [Spoilers] rumor from 4Chan in particular, but yeah, a few leakers such as Vergeben have been

• Im fine with Ken as he is a more classic character as well as being pretty much the OG "echo fighter." Dante on the other hand? Really dont want him at all. I still think that leak was like I said, someone who just saw easy steps forward in the series and said pretty bland stuff, things that are just obvious for the next step. Even the dynamic music thing he mentions isnt that impressive, its kinda easy to guess that each rank you get while doing combos adds more to the song like bass and lyrics until it makes a full song.

Also Skull Kid is probably more likely. (and I hope so too) The Wind Waker stuff is probably more to do with K Rool and pirate ships. At the moment Skull Kid has a lot more going for him, that being his Assist Trophy is MIA, an item has been added that does the function his AT did, the moon is now the Majoras Mask Assist Trophy, the heroes and villains theme, and ofc the leaker saying he believes Skull Kid is in.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I'm more then okay with some of these like (Spoiler) But I'm really not a fan of that third party characters the have been leaked. I w

• re: Skull Kid. Yeah, he's much more likely. All but confirmed at this point, especially since I believe people like loz18 and Vergeben. Toon Zelda/Tetra is more of a wish at this point. I would also be fine with Impa or Hilda as echos, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

re: Ken - I can agree with that. I perfectly see Ken, and I wouldn't mind him joining since he's an echo.

Dante on the other hand I can proudly say I don't want at all. He's such a niche character that has next to nothing to do with Nintendo. I was all aboard Cloud joining Smash 4, as Cloud has had a huge impact on the games industry and rivals the likes of Snake... but Dante? Next to nobody asked for Dante, and he hasn't had much of an impact on the games industry. Even from a non Telltale fans perspective, Clementine has had a far bigger impact then ____. My point isn't to add Clementine to Smash Bros, but that Dante hasn't had an impact.

Point I'm trying to make is that the character is not a person that I could see Sakurai putting in, unless he has a bias for the franchise they're from like Fire Emblem in Smash 4.

Poogers555 posted: »

(Spoiler)

• edited August 2018

Well about Dante and Cloud. A Devil's May Cry game has NEVER released on a Nintendo console. Everyone in Smash Bros has had some kind of connection to Nintendo in someway. Cloud didnt appear on a Nintendo system, but his series did, and half the reason Cloud was chosen is simply because he is the most popular FF character. Dante is just... Only connection to Nintendo is that Capcom already has reps in the game. I just dont want Dante at all, doesnt make sense at all to me. He would stick out like a sore thumb, and for him to be the character chosen as the first character to not have any connection with Nintendo, that would seem like such bad pick for that option.

(Spoiler) Point I'm trying to make is that the character is not a person that I could see Sakurai putting in, unless he has a bias for the franchise they're from like Fire Emblem in Smash 4.

• Completely agreed, one thing worth pointing out is that Cloud has appeared in some FF spinoffs that have been on Nintendo Systems. From a quick google search, he's in Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy Explorers, while

Dante has no appearances on Nintendo systems to begin with.

(Spoiler)

edited August 2018

No longer using spoiler tags because it's deconfirmed, Dante is not in Smash

^ Producer at Capcom

• But what if he's playing 4D chess and Dante is actually in Smash.

No longer using spoiler tags because it's deconfirmed, Dante is not in Smash https://twitter.com/gypsyOtoko/status/1032867906839879680 ^ Producer at Capcom

• i kinda hope he is just so we can get "featuring dante from the devil may cry series" on the front of the box.

But what if he's playing 4D chess and Dante is actually in Smash.

• ...& Knuckles as an assist trophy!

i kinda hope he is just so we can get "featuring dante from the devil may cry series" on the front of the box.

• Along with the brand new Funky Mode!

...& Knuckles as an assist trophy!

• i think i remember playing that game when i was like 5 at a friends house. it had link and sonic and mario and a bunch of pokemon and stuff. kinda fun.

• 99 Days left until release! We’re down to the double digits!

• Hey fellas theres a new direct on the 6th, not a Smash direct just a regular direct, expect some Smash news homie

edited September 2018

My heart skipped until I saw the rest of your post. But, yeah, I definitely expect at least 1 newcomer reveal. If we are lucky, maybe a 2nd newcomer and a few echos too. 1 newcomer is the most realistic bet to counton though.

Hey fellas theres a new direct on the 6th, not a Smash direct just a regular direct, expect some Smash news homie

• hopin for my homie skull kid

My heart skipped until I saw the rest of your post. But, yeah, I definitely expect at least 1 newcomer reveal. If we are lucky, maybe a 2nd newcomer and a few echos too. 1 newcomer is the most realistic bet to counton though.

• Well, guess it's that time again

Hey fellas theres a new direct on the 6th, not a Smash direct just a regular direct, expect some Smash news homie

• I think my bets will be on Incineroar. I can see him getting revealed at the end of the direct with no information after his reveal. (Like Greninja in Smash 4)

• edited September 2018

The upcoming Nintendo Direct has been put on hold due to an Earthquake in Hokkaido.

edited September 2018

Unfortunate to hear, but it’s completely understandable for obvious reasons. Nintendo’s HQ isn’t around there so it’s unlikely that they were directly affected, but that they are rather doing this out of respect for the victims and to avoid bad timing.

Here’s to hoping everyone who was affected is okay.

The upcoming Nintendo Direct has been put on hold due to an Earthquake in Hokkaido. https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1037596347979812864

• me watching nintendo announce new switch bundles n shit but still wont give a date for the delayed direct

edited September 2018

From what I'm hearing, it's even at the point where Japanese users are posting on the main Japan Nintendo Twitter account saying that they are fine/they have power back and want to know the whereabouts of the Direct.

Not making light of the situation, but I find it amusing that even they are getting antsy. :p

me watching nintendo announce new switch bundles n shit but still wont give a date for the delayed direct

• Well yeah the fact everything is under control for a while now and still no date is pretty disapointintg.

Also im not saying there was an Earthquake in Mexico last year and then 3 days later Nintendo had a direct but ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵖᵉᵒᵖᶫᵉ ᵈᶦᵉᵈ ᵗᵒᵒ

From what I'm hearing, it's even at the point where Japanese users are posting on the main Japan Nintendo Twitter account saying that they a

• Long Live The King ?

• edited September 2018

heres something dank to hold us over

In Smash Ultimate you can play as 68 - Bigby Wolf or his echo 68ε - Biggo the Wolf!

edited September 2018

...and who can forget 69 - Javier Garcia or his echo (and generally lesser counterpart), 69ε - Lee Everett!

?

heres something dank to hold us over In Smash Ultimate you can play as 68 - Bigby Wolf or his echo 68ε - Biggo the Wolf!

• Rumor has it that the direct was delayed by approximately one week; meaning, it will be on Thursday at the same time it would've been last week. I stand by my previous speculation that maybe we can expect a single newcomer announcement.

• Live Direct footage should be streamed from here:

• edited September 2018

I've only ever watched 1 Direct before, and I don't own a Switch so I'm not all into the hype of each of them, or bother to find when each of 'em are (but it was pretty cool to watch live and see all the games in a single hour).

Oh what the heck...

--[Tunes in]--

KATAMARI DAMACY FOR NINTENDO SWITCH

"Whoooaaaaaa!!! YES!"

Live Direct footage should be streamed from here:

• Isabella is so cute holy shit

edited September 2018

Isabelle is definitely an eccentric pick, but I'm happy for her fans. More female representation on the roster is cool too.

• Isabelle is cool and all but my dick fell off from Luigi's Mansion 3. Looks like its going to be a haunted hotel. Meaning itll be in one location like Luigi's Mansion 1, just needs special portrait ghost now and it'll be perfect!

• Missed the beginning of the Direct so you got me real pumped and itching to watch what I missed.
    Wow. Talk about starting it off with a bang. I'm excited and I don't even own a Switch.

Isabelle is cool and all but my dick fell off from Luigi's Mansion 3. Looks like its going to be a haunted hotel. Meaning itll be in one location like Luigi's Mansion 1, just needs special portrait ghost now and it'll be perfect!

• edited September 2018

And... They turned Splatoon into an anime?! (just for a trailer of course)

Unrelated to today but They got Surgeon Sim coming over too!

And that last minute Animal Crossing (and smash reveal) was pretty cool to see. Hyped.

Man! Nintendo knows how to hype people up! They've got All the Things going on at once!

AChicken posted: »

Missed the beginning of the Direct so you got me real pumped and itching to watch what I missed. Wow. Talk about starting it off with a bang. I'm excited and I don't even own a Switch.

• Went on 4chan for the 2nd time in my life just to look at Smash leaks. Found this message. Literally cannot agree more. I really don't want Incineroar or any gen 7 Pokemon for that matter. Gen 7 was easily the worst generation.

Here's hoping for Bandanna Dee

• Nah man Incineroar for life. I love that anthropomorphic wrestling flaming tiger!

Went on 4chan for the 2nd time in my life just to look at Smash leaks. Found this message. Literally cannot agree more. I really don't want

• edited September 2018

So Switch online came out tonight and oh boy.

There is really no benefits to get this other than being able to play online like you could before. The NES titles that ship with it are some of the worst picks imo. It also doesnt help that NES games in general have not aged well and are more of a game you pick up to play for 10 minutes and then put down forever (with the exception of Mario Bros)

They should add up to atleast N64. The fact there isnt even SNES is annoying. SNES games have aged much better than NES games and dont feel like a chore to play.

Not impressed at all so far. Those "special deals" we still dont know anything about better be worth it, and online for Smash bros better work flawlessly considering we have to pay for it now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.