The Council - Final Episode "Checkmate" Releases December 4th

Comments

• Thanks!

Cheddarhead posted: »

(Spoiler)

• Well... Shit. I was late. Something tells me I might get fucked up in episode 3.

Really enjoying this game so far!

(Spoiler)

• It might be a good thing if you don't find her. Like you get to attend the meeting instead of her.

(Spoiler) Really enjoying this game so far!

• Episode 3 releasing July 24th guys!

• Hopefully it will be an improvement over episode 2. I enjoyed episode 2 but felt the story took a bit of back seat to puzzle solving that episode.

captainivy1 posted: »

Episode 3 releasing July 24th guys!

• It's releasing the same day I go on holiday for a week, the same thing happened 3 years ago with LiS episode 4 :'(

• No spoilers please
    Is this game good on the narrative and length part? I was thinking about trying it soon but I don't know how this game works I only know it's episodic like tt games.

• Yes, it's a narrative-focused mystery game in a similar style to TT games and both episodes so far took me over 2 hours to complete

No spoilers please Is this game good on the narrative and length part? I was thinking about trying it soon but I don't know how this game works I only know it's episodic like tt games.

• I think episode 3 was a big improvement over episode 2 with regards to balancing puzzles and story telling. Some pretty tough choices this episode though haha.

• episode 1 was 8.5/10 for me,
    episode 2 was 6/10 and episode 3 was 8.7/10.
    episode 3 was the best one so far.I'm happy that episode 3 was better that episode 2,almost lost my interest in the game since episode 2 was so bad

• Did everyone here just buy the whole season? That's the only way to have the episode already.

• edited July 2018

Its a good tactic I'll admit but sucks waiting. After episode 2 though my expectations are thin.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Did everyone here just buy the whole season? That's the only way to have the episode already.

• Episode 3 was fucking legit!

Without spoilers, I just really enjoyed it all. Looking back at episode 1 voice acting and episode 3 voice acting it is SO MUCH better! The characters have been settled by now and the real political intrigues start here. If you are into like political intrigues with backstabs and all kinds of shit, episode 3 is for you. There were a few good plot twists and several pretty hard choices in my opinion. Especially one of them, oof.

Anyways. BY FAR the best episode yet! They keep this up, episode 4 and 5 will be lit.

• Totally agree plus the ending of this episode is starting to lean more on the potential of there being a super natural element at large. The ending where you

don't get your hand chopped off

Gave me some real "lovecraftian" feels/hints.

captainivy1 posted: »

Episode 3 was fucking legit! Without spoilers, I just really enjoyed it all. Looking back at episode 1 voice acting and episode 3 voice a

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

When does it release for entire season buyers? I want to update the thread to include that.

Did everyone here just buy the whole season? That's the only way to have the episode already.

• The 26th.

dojo32161 posted: »

When does it release for entire season buyers? I want to update the thread to include that.

• i bought the season pass after i bought episode 1 seperately

• To anyone who has completed the episode 3 did you suddenly find the guests to be really creepy especially George Washington standing in the dark:

after you met your mother? Like I wasn't totally buying the demon theory considering how she tortured Elizabeth as a child but suddenly for me the guests seemed somewhat eerie.

• Are the developers planning on patching the game once it concludes? It looks interesting but they really need to fix the models and lip sync.

• I agree with the consensus here that episode 3 was great, my only complaints are that I noticed a few bugs and janky moments during the episode (i.e. certain audio tracks being oddly pitched, characters mouths not moving or jerky animations) but it's nothing game breaking.

Can anyone tell me how to open the door at the end without cutting off your arm? I entered in what I thought was the right combination for the Resurrection of Christ but it didn't turn out well for Louis

• edited July 2018

Puzzle Solution

Start at Golgotha, Circle (crown), 26M, Half moon with the right side being bright (crescent moon beside it).

I agree with the consensus here that episode 3 was great, my only complaints are that I noticed a few bugs and janky moments during the epis

• I suspect you just want to watch a patched version of the Emily kiss haha...

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Are the developers planning on patching the game once it concludes? It looks interesting but they really need to fix the models and lip sync.

• edited July 2018

I'm trying to understand the joke here but I know next to nothing about the game

I suspect you just want to watch a patched version of the Emily kiss haha...

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I'm trying to understand the joke here but I know next to nothing about the game

• Episode 4 releases September 25th.

• edited September 2018

Wow.

This is gonna be a high blood pressure week for Council, Life is Strange and Walking Dead fans.

Episode 4 releases September 25th.

• Life is strange is the 27th right? It's just going to be a tough decision between playing Walking Dead or The Council first. Plus Valkyria Chronicles 4 is out on the 25th...

AChicken posted: »

Wow. This is gonna be a high blood pressure week for Council, Life is Strange and Walking Dead fans.

• Right, all these episodes aren't out on the same day, but it is the same week.
    Anyone who doesn't have much free time during the weekdays will have a pretty full weekend if they own all 3 of these series.

Life is strange is the 27th right? It's just going to be a tough decision between playing Walking Dead or The Council first. Plus Valkyria Chronicles 4 is out on the 25th...

• edited September 2018

I still haven't played past episode 1. Hows the series so far? Would you guys say its worth it. Kinda waiting on a price drop.

• edited September 2018

Episode 1 was good. Episode 2 was bad and episode 3 was amazing. I will say after playing episode 2 i did think it was Waste of money and i hated the game. But after playing episode 3 it was getting better again and i’m excited for episode 4

I still haven't played past episode 1. Hows the series so far? Would you guys say its worth it. Kinda waiting on a price drop.

• They just went too puzzle heavy in episode 2 but they luckily course corrected in episode 3.

Episode 1 was good. Episode 2 was bad and episode 3 was amazing. I will say after playing episode 2 i did think it was Waste of money and i hated the game. But after playing episode 3 it was getting better again and i’m excited for episode 4

• Damn, this, TWD and LiS 2 are all releasing in the same week? Guess I won't be getting much else done

• Well damn anyone else played through the episode yet lol?

• It only got wide released today. The 25th was only for season holders.

Well damn anyone else played through the episode yet lol?

• edited September 2018

Ah right just interested in what everyone else chose to end this episode. Like I chose to:

Stay a man, sided with Gregory & sent a letter discrediting both Gregory & Mortimer

It only got wide released today. The 25th was only for season holders.

• I don't mind spoilers, so please tell me...

What exactly do you mean stay a man?

Ah right just interested in what everyone else chose to end this episode. Like I chose to: (Spoiler)

• edited September 2018

In episode 4 you unlock new game play mechanics basically Mortimer reveals:

Basically you are a "Daemon" and so are Mortimer plus Gregory. However although they call themselves Daemon's they do not understand what they are so they could basically just be an offshoot race of humans with special abilities such as immortality or something darker. Mortimer wants to discover what he is in scientific terms but human understanding can't explain his existence at the moment. Mortimer reveals you are his abducted son and teaches you how to use some of their powers such as reading minds and possessing peoples bodies. So during the end of the episode you have to make a choice do you ally yourself with Gregory or Mortimer and fully accept that you are a Daemon. OR do you continue as a human and plot to bring down Gregory, Mortimer and the Daemons from the shadows... In the process making a fake alliance with Gregory or Mortimer.

I don't mind spoilers, so please tell me... (Spoiler)

• Well... that was an episode

Sarah died before I could get to her and I don't really know how I could've changed it?

• Gotta punch/slap Napoleon he wastes time by holding you up there.

Well... that was an episode (Spoiler)

• Oh ok, I was worried I was being timed and I took to long looking for pickups

Gotta punch/slap Napoleon he wastes time by holding you up there.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.