What is the darkest moments so far in the series? *Spoilers Allowed*

2»

Comments

• He would never do something like that!

can't argue with that. I've never seen a case where they went "yep, I saw that coming."
    it's amazing how much denial you can steep yourself in.

Deltino posted: »

She almost certainly knew he was prone to violence and did some bad/questionable stuff, but I doubt she knew the full extent of it. The way

• Oh man what? We were supposed to have an option to leave that little mcguffin? Now I'm super pissed. I wanted nothing more than to toss him in a dumpster and leave him when she got saddled with him. Such fucking bullshit. And now I learn we were actually supposed to be able to leave him? What fuckwad at TellTale changed that and forced that little shitbag on us?

iFoRias posted: »

Clem shooting Kenny after letting him kill Jane was really dark,would've been even more dark if we had an option to leave AJ like we were supposed to have.

• The final of Season Two for me. That was really terrible.

• Wow, darkest? Telling Clem to shoot you was pretty tough in S1, they really did a good job attaching Lee to the player. The shed scene in S2 was pretty hard to watch, the got very graphic very fast. Emotionally though, I think it does come down to those final decisions in S1 and 2. One has us deciding what to tell this girl we came to care for to either end us, or leave us to become one of those things that took away her chance for a normal life. S2 it comes down to the familiar, trusted character and one who took us in and wanted Clem to be someone who wouldn't make the mistakes her sister made, and kinda formed a similar bond between them. Not going into anything after, these were the first impressions I had during my first playthrough. Both of them were just horrible in the sense that I wished I didn't have to choose when they came up.

• I agree. You know, the main point of “darkness” is the choice, where both variants are inappropriate for you. I really didn’t know whom to choose: Jane or Kenny, because I didn’t accept both points of view.
    The end of S1 was pretty expected and released quite poetic, I don’t know). (But I had dropped a couple of tears, of course)

Wow, darkest? Telling Clem to shoot you was pretty tough in S1, they really did a good job attaching Lee to the player. The shed scene in S2

• edited May 2018

Looking back on S1, It was expected but something I hoped wouldn't happen despite everything. I think that's what made it so powerful to me. During my very first playthrough of S2, I ended up saving Jane. I left her on the road after she revealed she had hidden AJ to goad Kenny into a death battle simply to prove a point. I had been angry at both of them, but that just made me feel some type of way.

I agree. You know, the main point of “darkness” is the choice, where both variants are inappropriate for you. I really didn’t know whom to c

• Yes, that’s exactly what I said about.

Looking back on S1, It was expected but something I hoped wouldn't happen despite everything. I think that's what made it so powerful to me.

• Didn’t you feel like “Fuck, I wanna kill you both”?)

• For me, the end of Season Two had a little bit more impact than the end of Season One, because in Season Two you have to decide if you gonna kill Kenny or not. A lot of people killed Kenny because he went "crazy", so you have to decide in the end of the last episode, whether if you kill him (the only character besides Clementine which remains from Season One) or kill Jane. Nowadays, (for me) it's pretty clear to kill Jane and have the ending with Kenny leaving Wellington (even if this causes the shitty flashback in ANF), but in my first playthrough i had to pause the game for like 5 minutes, thinking about which of them i'm gonna kill (and why)
    But you can't change the ending of Season One: Lees Dead. Sure, you can shoot or leave him, but you can't change the fact that Lee is going to die in this episode.
    So, yeah, the end of Season Two for me.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.