Is it right to Cover for Clem in s3?

2»

Comments

• Honestly, that's a good example of what I said above in that it seems like the obvious thing to do in that situation.

Every video on YouTube ive seen, people have let him in

• Well maybe but I believe the end game player stats are likely a much more reliable resource to go by. A few videos of a few different people who broadcast played ..cannot likely represent the millions of others who've played that same scene. No true way to know about the majority otherwise I'm thinking.

Every video on YouTube ive seen, people have let him in

• OMG...it is like you know me....My nightly ritual is...put on moisturizer which just seems to be there for my 2 cats to lick off....Then my Chant..."I hate Kenny, The Devil is my bro...I hate Kenny but love Jane tho" Really upsets my partner, I guess because her name isn't Jane....then put a needle in a Kenny plush doll.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I should've known you were trouble with all your trash talk against our beloved Kenny! Only a devil worshipping rapscallion could despise such a pure Christian man

• put on moisturizer which just seems to be there for my 2 cats to lick off

You know, normally, I'd assume this is meant to sound kinky, but it just comes off as ineffectual and non-threatening. :lol:

OMG...it is like you know me....My nightly ritual is...put on moisturizer which just seems to be there for my 2 cats to lick off....Then my

• edited April 2018

I disagreed with Clementine on most things honestly. Had to think like Javier and put my family first before a girl I just met. I left with my family at the end of episode 1, took Conrad's deal, let David in, let Lingard live etc. I think looking at the situations through Javier's eyes was the right thing to do.

• What was your Eli situation decision when Tripp comes to interrogate for answers?

AnimalBoy posted: »

I disagreed with Clementine on most things honestly. Had to think like Javier and put my family first before a girl I just met. I left with

• I backed up Clem on that one.

Ladariel posted: »

What was your Eli situation decision when Tripp comes to interrogate for answers?

• Honestly, I'm not even sure why this choice even exists in the first place, or why this event is necessary for Clementine's character when it's never brought up again.

Clementine basically kills someone in a fit of rage over supposedly fake bullets Eli sold to her, asks a person she had met for about twenty minutes to lie for her, and then feels betrayed if Javier doesn't do as she asks when she had just pointed a shotgun at him not long ago and wouldn't realistically have much obligation to help her.

This scene really does seem to be made purely to make Clementine look 'edgy', at least that's how I see it.

• Agreed.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Honestly, I'm not even sure why this choice even exists in the first place, or why this event is necessary for Clementine's character when i

• I'm pretty sure the actual point of the scene was to establish that Clementine has significantly changed in that there's something seriously wrong with her and the people of Prescott are clearly afraid/mistrustful of her because of it.

Of course, you're right that this intent got muddled/lost in translation and progression because "Clementine=Badass" and Shock value took precedent, with the increasingly inconsistent direction and skewed priorities making even that much pointless.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Honestly, I'm not even sure why this choice even exists in the first place, or why this event is necessary for Clementine's character when i

• Of course its up to the player to decide. Was it right for Javier to do so? Probably not. Why should I care when the decision is mines, and not a random npcs? I know Clementine, I've been following her story much longer than Javier and his magical family. Why would I, as the player who's experienced 2 previous games, care about what the new guy and his family would think? Because I'm expected to follow a narrative? If that's the case, what's the point of having a choice based game when the "right" choice is what I think some new guy would make? Kinda makes the player irrelevant if we're expected to become some dude with grade school insults when the third game of an ongoing series starts.

• I think there was a misunderstanding... I meant ethically.

Of course its up to the player to decide. Was it right for Javier to do so? Probably not. Why should I care when the decision is mines, and

• edited April 2018

Again, the entire decision was based around a central character of the story we're interacting with. This wasn't supposed to be some deep, ethical decision, just seeing how we'd react. We didn't have a job as 'Javi', if we were supposed to show Clementine functional families still exist, half of that family wouldn't have been dead by the end of the game. The decision itself? Its just pitting the player against the new protagonist, in the same way that the Conrad decision did. That's why the choice is so overwhelmingly one sided in both cases.

I think there was a misunderstanding... I meant ethically.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.