Is it worth to buy New Frontier (S3)?

Have been thinking of buying S3 for a week. How do you think is it a good choice or just wasting of money?

Tagged:

Comments

• Everyone has it's own taste, you know. Some people liked it and some didn't.
    If I knew what this game would turned out to be, I wouldn't even consider buying it. If you want a continuation of Clem's story, then you will be disappointed. But if you want to discover a new TWD story with Clem being a secondary (or should I say tertiary?) character then you can go ahead and buy ANF. There's probably 50/50 chance you'll either lov... like it or hate it.
    I hated it, so...

• Ok, thanks

bruzdaa posted: »

Everyone has it's own taste, you know. Some people liked it and some didn't. If I knew what this game would turned out to be, I wouldn't ev

• If you plan to play TFS (Season Four), I'd say go for it.
    But it ain't worth the full price, wait for a sale or get a key. I mean, yeah it's the worst season and far, far away from Season One and Two, but it's not thaaat bad.
    But, just like bruzdaa sayed, don't expect a continuation of Clementine's story.

• It’s entirely up to you but assuming you played Season 1 and 2, you will be extremely disappointed with the quality of this game

• It's worth a play. I know most people hated but I really liked it. I'd recommend at least playing the first episode and if you like it, play the rest.

• Ok, but what do you mean by continuation of Clementine story? Do you want to say that she won’t be an important character till the end?

If you plan to play TFS (Season Four), I'd say go for it. But it ain't worth the full price, wait for a sale or get a key. I mean, yeah it'

• Clem is pretty much irrelevant to the entire season. She is simply there just so people buy ANF because Clem is in it. Episodes 1 - 3 Clem is just in the background at all times, 4 and 5 she is still very much more of a background character but has a bit more screen time. To put it simply, Clem could be cut from ANF because she has no real purpose in the story at all. Also as a heads up, ANF doesnt respect past season choices in anyway and throws away your season 2 ending as fast as possible in the worst way possible.

Ok, but what do you mean by continuation of Clementine story? Do you want to say that she won’t be an important character till the end?

• Well, that sucks

Poogers555 posted: »

Clem is pretty much irrelevant to the entire season. She is simply there just so people buy ANF because Clem is in it. Episodes 1 - 3 Clem i

• Yeah, @Poogers555 is right. She's just a background character, but in the last episodes (especially episode 5) she has a little bit more screentime/dialogues

Ok, but what do you mean by continuation of Clementine story? Do you want to say that she won’t be an important character till the end?

• Ok, and she won’t be the playable character?

• edited May 2018

She is playable only in short flashbacks. You mainly play as the new main protagonist Javier.

Ok, and she won’t be the playable character?

• That’s good, thanks

• edited May 2018

I recommend you to skip ANF altogether, even if you are planning on playing TFS. It's not only a very low quality story, but it's pretty much bound to get you disappointed if you had any attachment to Clem's character in the first two seasons. From what we've heard about S4, everything than happened in ANF seems to have been set aside, Clem's story has completely moved on from all of it. You can probably just sum it up as "ANF made the alone ending canon" and that's probably all you'll need to know about it.

But if you still think you should play ANF before TFS, then I say watch it on YouTube. There's little to no game features in ANF. You don't get much besides the usual QTE's. You can count with your fingers the total number of hubs. You don't need to count at all the number of them which had interesting exploration, because there were none. Choice department is still almost as primitive as the previous TWD titles. I think you gain very little by playing this one yourself.

My recommendation would be to save your bucks.

• Unfortunately, I'm sorta inclined to say no, vaguely dependent on your interests.
    Clementine

is primarily so off from what she's supposed to be characterization-wise and has such little relevance going forward in the installment that it's inarguable that she's an weakly Advertised Extra and far more arguable that the game&story would've been better without her.

Meanwhile, if you're interested in Javier and/or the Garcia family dynamics, you

might just be at least somewhat disappointed there as well.

• Javier's character arc feels

• somewhat loose and perhaps informed overall and ebbing in places, which isn't helped by the story not being that much about him despite being the protagonist.
    • And in regards to the family itself, I personally feel like

• you'll simultaneously get much more out of them but find the progression of their character arcs and relationships with Javier(and Clementine in the later two's case) awkwardly paced and/or executed on the whole.

Assuming you

• don't just decide to hate all of them like several people do
    • I hope you're

• not too interested in Kate in particular, with David and even Gabe having their notable, let's say, questionable moments in specific places.

And the other side characters/plots are

really not much better,

with only

Conrad consistently standing out a bit as a plus, with That-Paul-Guy and Dr. Lingard trailing behind him.

Tripp, Eleanor, and especially

Joan show varying degrees of promise for different people, but the writing and direction really makes poor usage of them.

And then there's Maaax...!

However, it's ultimately up to you to experience and judge for yourself. I personally found myself

liking a fair number of things, with or without their issues.

• Ok, that’s quite disappointing, but thanks

I recommend you to skip ANF altogether, even if you are planning on playing TFS. It's not only a very low quality story, but it's pretty muc

• If you liked s1 and s2 you might be dissapointed with anf but it's an okay game.I recommend watching the first episode because you'll get how this season is guna play out because this game in particular has a lot of different opinions so I won't know how you feel about this game for sure.

• I recommend watching the first episode because you'll get how this season is guna play out

Eeeh, sort of.

If you liked s1 and s2 you might be dissapointed with anf but it's an okay game.I recommend watching the first episode because you'll get ho

• I’ve already have passed ep.1 and there is still nothing much disappointing apart from graphics (iPhone 5s). But, as many players say, there is too small attention paid to Clementine. That’s really bad news

If you liked s1 and s2 you might be dissapointed with anf but it's an okay game.I recommend watching the first episode because you'll get ho

• It gets worse, depending on how you view certain things.

I’ve already have passed ep.1 and there is still nothing much disappointing apart from graphics (iPhone 5s). But, as many players say, there is too small attention paid to Clementine. That’s really bad news

• Of course, but, you know, I think that everybody here plays WD only to see Clementine

DabigRG posted: »

It gets worse, depending on how you view certain things.

• A large amount of them, sure, but not all.

Of course, but, you know, I think that everybody here plays WD only to see Clementine

• If you stayed with Kenny or chose Wellington, this game will rip you off.

• edited May 2018

if you're looking for a satisfying continuation from Season 2, absolutely not.

• Despite it being the worst Telltale game in my opinion, having the least quality story telling, branching and not to mention short episode lengths, I would still recommend playing it, as it can still be enjoyable and the choices you make in ANF may have some impact on TFS. In the end it's up to you but just because many of us here aren't very fond of it doesn't mean it won't be a great game for you! :)

• I wouldn’t recommend it, but that’s just my opinion.

If you want good storytelling, branching choices, great dialogue, and an overall good story, unfortunately A New Frontier isn’t worth it.

If you want a fast paced, quick action video game with choices, then buy it. Think of this game as a “filler” game for TWD story.

• And if you went with Jane, prepare to have officially seen most of Season 2 be a waste of time.

AronDracula posted: »

If you stayed with Kenny or chose Wellington, this game will rip you off.

• Ok, I’ll see, thank you

prink34320 posted: »

Despite it being the worst Telltale game in my opinion, having the least quality story telling, branching and not to mention short episode l

• I think I understand, thanks. The only thing that makes me cry over this game is its graphics on my iPhone and price(20$)

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I wouldn’t recommend it, but that’s just my opinion. If you want good storytelling, branching choices, great dialogue, and an overall goo

I think I understand, thanks. The only thing that makes me cry over this game is its graphics on my iPhone and price(20$)

• That’s what I’m saying, for sure?

. . .

• Lol that chick looks like a monster from Silent Hill :D

. . .

• That’s what we see on iOS?

Lol that chick looks like a monster from Silent Hill

• I become really scared when imagine what we’ll see in Final Season on iOS

Lol that chick looks like a monster from Silent Hill

• Holy fucking shit, just bought it yesterday and it's so fucking boring. It's honestly a chore to play through, I didn't think it would be this bad. But I'm gonna buy season 4, so I gotta play it, I guess.

• Assuming you don't just decide to hate all of them like several people do.

I didn’t decide to hate Gabe. The game forced me to hate Gabe.

Unfortunately, I'm sorta inclined to say no, vaguely dependent on your interests. Clementine (Spoiler) Meanwhile, if you're intereste

• We are in the same boat in this. I have passed ep1 yesterday. Not so boring, but less emotional

Holy fucking shit, just bought it yesterday and it's so fucking boring. It's honestly a chore to play through, I didn't think it would be this bad. But I'm gonna buy season 4, so I gotta play it, I guess.

• I'm sorry, I think I forgot to mention something to that effect.
    How thoughtless of me.

Assuming you don't just decide to hate all of them like several people do. I didn’t decide to hate Gabe. The game forced me to hate Gabe.

• It was more of an exaggeration. I don’t 100% hate Gabe, I just highly dislike him.

I'm sorry, I think I forgot to mention something to that effect. How thoughtless of me.

• Is anyone else getting this flashing black bar everyone couple of scroll that's trying to give someone to seizure?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.