Is it worth to buy New Frontier (S3)?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2018

It happens randomly on multiple sites for me, black boxes come and go when scrolling. Most likely a Chrome issue

DabigRG posted: »

Is anyone else getting this flashing black bar everyone couple of scroll that's trying to give someone to seizure?

• ...Wrong thread...?

Is anyone else getting this flashing black bar everyone couple of scroll that's trying to give someone to seizure?

• It happened it in this thread more than once, so I just ended up posting it here.
    But you're right, wrong thread.

Fangirl101 posted: »

...Wrong thread...?

• Oh, I see, sorry.

It happened it in this thread more than once, so I just ended up posting it here. But you're right, wrong thread.

• Its funny because in my opinion she’s not playable at all! You don’t even get to move her around to explore areas and hubs, just a few QTE’s and dialogue choices. I never forgave Telltale for lying when they said it would be 50/50 gameplay shared between her and Javier.

What a load of bullshit that was

She is playable only in short flashbacks. You mainly play as the new main protagonist Javier.

• edited May 2018

Good god that goes to show how little effort they put into this game. Remember the guy with the beard who

Stabbed Javier? He had no facial expression at all during the struggle and i laughed for like half an hour! It was claimed to be a glitch and fixed at some point but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this was another lazy thing they originally missed before people realised.

. . .

• edited May 2018

Can someone please tell me how to put the spoiler option on a post? It’s changed since the old layout and can’t seem to get it to work?

Thanks.

Never mind found it now

• edited May 2018

Good god that goes to show how little effort they put into this game.

To be fair, it is the mobile ports. And that's not even the worse I've seen from that episode.

Remember the guy with the beard who...

Funnily enough, when I went back to complete the installment by replaying that episode on Xbox One(stupid name), he and the other characters with the bug weren't fixed.

Also, he technically raises an eyebrow if you don't duck outta sight.

dan290786 posted: »

Good god that goes to show how little effort they put into this game. Remember the guy with the beard who (Spoiler)

• edited May 2018

I will share my honest opinion..... Despite the flaws of the game I do recommend playing it.
    I really enjoyed A New Frontier and I took it for what it was. Don't get me wrong it has plenty of room for improvement but which game out there doesn't require any fine- tuning or improvement?

Personally I enjoyed getting to see Clementine from a different perspective, taking care of Javier's family and the conflict with The New Frontier even though many others on here would disagree with my views. The game itself carries a much more light-hearted tone and atmosphere which is very different when compared to Season One and Season Two, which is a negative if you dig the dark atmosphere.

So in short the game is good... But it doesn't match the high standards that were set by Season One and Season Two. If you decide to play it I hope you enjoy the experience.

• Its funny because in my opinion she’s not playable at all! You don’t even get to move her around to explore areas and hubs, just a few QTE’s and dialogue choices.

Holy shit, how come I never noticed this fact before?

Its funny because in my opinion she’s not playable at all! You don’t even get to move her around to explore areas and hubs, just a few QTE’s

• Probably because of how awful the rest of the “game” was it blinded you from Clem’s “playable” character lol

AronDracula posted: »

Its funny because in my opinion she’s not playable at all! You don’t even get to move her around to explore areas and hubs, just a few QTE’s and dialogue choices. Holy shit, how come I never noticed this fact before?

• Is it sad that, aside from the Telltale talking/promising too much thing, I didn't really care?

Its funny because in my opinion she’s not playable at all! You don’t even get to move her around to explore areas and hubs, just a few QTE’s

• Thats the problem, you should care, and i should care but we don’t anymore (well i certainly don’t)! The little girl i cared so much for died in Season 3 thanks to the way she was handled.

Back to the post in question, i was annoyed about the Clem thing because i expected to actually play as her, not just click a few dialogue options and QTE’s. The fact they were only in flashbacks was utter shit too. At least TFTBL got it right with playable characters

Is it sad that, aside from the Telltale talking/promising too much thing, I didn't really care?

• Thats the problem, you should care, and i should care but we don’t anymore (well i certainly don’t)! The little girl i cared so much for died in Season 3 thanks to the way she was handled.

True dat.

Back to the post in question, i was annoyed about the Clem thing because i expected to actually play as her

Yeah, admittedly, I still do think that was a considerable missed opportunity.
    Still kinda waitin for this imposter to bite it

not just click a few dialogue options and QTE’s

That's the problem with the games in general.

Thats the problem, you should care, and i should care but we don’t anymore (well i certainly don’t)! The little girl i cared so much for die

• That's the problem with the games in general.

Yep these days Telltale rather just have a whole episode of cutscenes and dialogue choices instead of focusing on things that made Season 1 beautiful

Thats the problem, you should care, and i should care but we don’t anymore (well i certainly don’t)! The little girl i cared so much for die

Sign in to comment in this discussion.