The Collection Ruined My Experience

So, in preparation for The Final Season, I decided to purchase The Walking Dead Collection (only a few days prior to knowing about it bring the pre-order bonus) and I have to say, whilst the graphics are an improvement, it is such a messy game full of more bugs and glitches than the previous versions.

Season One was fine for the most part (thank goodness), but I did run into an issue in episode 3 that prevented progression: I couldn't enter the van to get the pencil, so I had to restart the entire episode just for a feckin pencil and I remember a similar hug occurred when I played the original version several years ago...

Season Two started to get worse though. First I'd like to comment on how ridiculous Clem's fast walking is and how annoying the item icons are staying on the left side of the screen. The biggest problem however we're the choices from season one not transferring properly, Vince didn't appear, Kenny says he shot Duck, Lilly killed Doug and Clem gave different advice about guns to Sarah, these were rather annoying and so was the inability to give Rebecca water in episode when I didn't give it to the dying man or Pete.

A New Frontier was the breaking point for me though, I ended Season 2 with Jane and the family but I get the Alone ending flashback??

How is it that a compilation of choice based games on the same disc struggle so much to actually record your choices when they're in every choice tab for every episode??? Not only that but the collection honestly just feels rather lazy, no end credits music, no next time segments, the next episode instantly playing and the choice screens at the end of each episode all share the same screenshot?? I'm seriously disappointed Telltale, I have faith you're doing your all to make TFS amazing but is this collection really how you want people to experience your games?

Tagged:

Comments

• Its a crime that there is no credits music

• edited August 2018

You have got to be kidding me. I needed a save file for TFS and I've been playing the collection to get it. If it doesn't register the decisions correctly, then this has been a huge waste of time. I really hope I don't encounter any of these issues.

• I hope you don't either, hopefully TFS will have the option to let us go over past decisions that will affect the game since there's not much reliability in save transfers it seems :/

You have got to be kidding me. I needed a save file for TFS and I've been playing the collection to get it. If it doesn't register the decisions correctly, then this has been a huge waste of time. I really hope I don't encounter any of these issues.

• Yeah, that was always a problem with Telltale and save transfers. Even the originals have these problems. But nowhere near as much as this Collection has, they really messed it up.

prink34320 posted: »

I hope you don't either, hopefully TFS will have the option to let us go over past decisions that will affect the game since there's not much reliability in save transfers it seems

• It's honestly ridiculous considering that all games are on one disc. Another thing I forgot to add: No chapter select, which is why I had to restart episode 3 from the beginning and couldn't try to re-register choices in mere minutes as opposed to 2 hours to maybe get one choice to register. Ugh.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Yeah, that was always a problem with Telltale and save transfers. Even the originals have these problems. But nowhere near as much as this Collection has, they really messed it up.

• I've had the same problem

• edited August 2018

Yep, had the exact same problems with it. Bought it when it first came out. Had I know you could have gotten it for free, I wouldn't have spent 50 dollars buying it.

It's not even worth completing at this point. Just gonna use the story builder.

• Glad this thread was made. I had already preordered TFS but hadn't touched the collection due to time constraints until just this morning. If this is the issue it apparently proves to be, I won't waste my time trying to get a proper save file out of it before Tuesday. I'll just stick with the story builder and live with the choices that aren't present.

• Didn’t have any major problems with the first season. Some of the lighting was off, but overall I thought it looked better than the original. But the second season was a bit of a mess. As someone already pointed out, Clem’s fast walk animation is hilarious. She turns into The Flash. My choices for season 1 were all accurate...until No Going Back. Doug was mentioned instead of Carley but Carley was previously mentioned in A House Divided when talking to Alvin. Haven’t had any problems with ANF so far. I’m on Above the Law right now. All choices from S2 are accurate so far. But some of the animation glitches are annoying. In the junkyard, when Javi has to siphon gas, the gas canister started going crazy and jumping all over the place every time a QTE started. Haven’t played Michonne yet.

I actually had a really cool glitch. The menu is normally just the ANF menu with various shots of Richmond. But one time it randomly switched to various shots of the Moonstar Lodge from Season 2.

• edited August 2018

...And unfortunately, Telltale never does patches to fix these problems. Never.
    unless the country of Russia is mad at them

• There's a first for everything, if Telltale truly wants me to continue to be a consumer, then they'll give me a product that actually functions properly. I'm honestly sick of the half baked treatment of games in general these past few years.

AChicken posted: »

...And unfortunately, Telltale never does patches to fix these problems. Never. unless the country of Russia is mad at them

• For the most part, the entire collection for $20 plus The Final Season, but the thing that made me disappointed was the fact that the credits music in all episodes of the seasons were just the standard New Frontier music, I personally loved season 2 credit songs, and telltale ruined that.

• There have a lot of Bugs in season 2 i save carley and I let lilly come with me but In lee flashback lilly kills doug and I let lilly behind WTF

• We need one...

...And unfortunately, Telltale never does patches to fix these problems. Never. unless the country of Russia is mad at them

• edited August 2018

I encountered a couple of glitches with The Collection as well.

Season One:
    -No option to speak to Christa & learn that Omid has an interest in American History
    -After trying over 15x, Lee always loses the intro fight to Molly as he is only able to block her once and not the 2nd time.

Season 2:
    -Like others mentioned, Clem walked way too fast.

-In Carver's office, Alvin's face was fighting the engine to keep with the upgrades done to his face. I could see it reverting back and fourth between the old and new face. Oddly, this didn't happen at any other time other than in his final moments.

-In the flashback, Lilly was rightfully present but Doug was mentioned despite fact Carley was saved. I went back and checked my S1 choices on the collection & it confirms Carley was saved, so I don't think the glitch will matter that Doug was mentioned in S2. It could just be the audio file to trigger the dialogue for Carley is corrupted & the script auto defaults to the backup choice of Doug, otherwise we'd be complaining that scene is missing audio right now.

Just started S3 and only issue I've noticed is the same one @Mattsag207 mentioned about Javi's gas canister jumping all over the place during the siphoning process.

This was all via PS4, not sure that matters, though.

• Had the same problem with not being able to talk to Christa. I think this beats out the Silent Hill HD collection for worst port ever.

I encountered a couple of glitches with The Collection as well. Season One: -No option to speak to Christa & learn that Omid has an

• The collection was really bad. It seemed like more of a downgrade than an upgrade, which is what happens when you re-release a game with "added features" that it never needed.

I still hate how Lee doesnt pick up the shard of glass in episode 5 of the collection. One of the coolest moments just removed for no reason.

• Really!? Wow that sucks

Poogers555 posted: »

The collection was really bad. It seemed like more of a downgrade than an upgrade, which is what happens when you re-release a game with "ad

• Telltale needs to upgrade a lot of things in the collection to be honest especially with the season 2 endings in a new frontier is ruined the experience

• Maybe after TFS they’ll release a massive path for the collection that adds back in the end credits songs, the menus, and fixes all the glitches. That’s not going to happen obviously but it would be cool.

Telltale needs to upgrade a lot of things in the collection to be honest especially with the season 2 endings in a new frontier is ruined the experience

• I hope they upgrade some things they dont need to upgrade all the things but there are some things like ours choices that need to be upgrade yes or yes

Mattsag207 posted: »

Maybe after TFS they’ll release a massive path for the collection that adds back in the end credits songs, the menus, and fixes all the glitches. That’s not going to happen obviously but it would be cool.

• In the lee flashback i saved carley and the said i saved doug and like others dudes I have the same problems with the season 2 ending i went with kenny and show me the alone ending please telltale after the final season we need a seriusly upgrade

• What makes it even worse is how the way his hand is clenched and his walking animation make it seem as if he still had the shard of glass...

The collection was really bad. It seemed like more of a downgrade than an upgrade, which is what happens when you re-release a game with "ad

• Glad to see there are other people with similar problems....

Javivi77 posted: »

In the lee flashback i saved carley and the said i saved doug and like others dudes I have the same problems with the season 2 ending i went with kenny and show me the alone ending please telltale after the final season we need a seriusly upgrade

• I would imagine most of you have every season anyway. Why buy the collection? Did it offer something new?

• edited August 2018

Some might have preordered the game on ps4 or Xbox. Then you get the collection for free

MosesARose posted: »

I would imagine most of you have every season anyway. Why buy the collection? Did it offer something new?

• They also removed the Stranger's car from in front of the Marsh house from that same episode. And you can still talk to him about seeing it outside

• I payed 50$ for it... RIP. I hope they patch all the problems but they probably won’t.

• Another S3 glitch in the collection just made me recall another similar glitch from S2.

In S2 the night after Clementine finds the Walkie-Talkies, Troy can be seen standing in the room by the beds prior to Tavia entering to split the group up & alert those that remain, that Troy will be down to get them later.

Well, same thing happens in S3 E2 after Kate is shot, Javi can talk to Tripp & and while Tripp & Javi talk, a Javi double is aimlessly standing still in the background by Kate's bedside.

I guess we can call these two the bedside glitches!

• I also experienced everything you did with the first couple seasons, on top of Alvin's face changing he was also clean and had no blood on him.

I encountered a couple of glitches with The Collection as well. Season One: -No option to speak to Christa & learn that Omid has an

• I was waiting for this moment but it never happened, did they really have to remove more stuff than add?

• I just got because I was interested to replay all games in better graphics and for the trophies, I didn't expect one of the upgrades we're to bugs and glitches.

MosesARose posted: »

I would imagine most of you have every season anyway. Why buy the collection? Did it offer something new?

• edited August 2018

Okay well, in terms of the infamous glass shard scene, that can be traced back to Telltale's new gameplay formula. Every single encounter and fight in S2 onwards only used the right trigger button for an action. Since they ported Season 1 into that formula, that removes things like "left d-pad/right d-pad" for the two handheld weapons. (I think. Were there any other action scenes in S1 that had gameplay elements changed?)

And that's dumb.
    (I'll try and preorder TFS soon so I can get the "remastered" stuff and see what these changes are all about.) I got it.

In terms of the omission of music, I think Telltale would have had to re-license them for the Collection -- given that it's a separate "new" entity of the game. Plus, licenses expire. Alan Wake had licensed songs in its credits, and they apparently couldn't renew the contract, so it disappeared from the Steam marketplace for good.

• You would think will all the money they make from this series and their other games, they'd be able to create shit that's stable and as bug free as possible.

• Wow, that's fucking garbage. That's the best thing about not cutting your hand off, you basically treat your dead hand as a meat mallet and stick a piece of glass in it...

Damn I'm glad I checked out when walking dead stopped being focused on Clem. And I only expect poor results from S4 and any spinoffs.

• edited August 2018

The Collection Worked Fine For Me. It Imported My Choices The Three Times I Played It. The Game Imported The Wellington Ending, The Jane And The Family Ending, And It Imported The Only Jane Ending And In Season 2 Clem Talked To Alvin In Episode 2 About Carley Or Doug And Wither Lee Left Lily Or Not Depending On What Choices I Made In Season 1. So For Me My Season 1 Choices Carried To Season 2 And Season 1, And 2 Choices Carried Over To A New Frontier. The Only Glitch That Occured Was That In Season 2 When Clementine Has Her Flashback In Episode 5 When She Passes Out After Being Shot By Arvo She Mentions Doug And Not Carley When I Saved Carley But It Still Mentions That I Let Lily Stay Or Have Her Leave So I Think That Was An Audio Glitch Since Clem Does Mention Carley To Alvin In The Playthroughs That I Saved Her. Also I Played The Collection On The PS4 The Disk Version. ( I Hope My Experience Playing The Collection Helps Anyone ? ) .

Side Note If You Have The Collection Season 1, 2, And A New Frontier Choices Won’t Be Imported From A New Frontier But Each Game Will Get Indvidually Imported. (Link To The Article)
    https://telltale.com/news/2018/08/everything-you-need-to-know-about-importing-saves-to-the-walking-dead-the-final-season/

• Ooh, question related to the double action prompts: Did the fight With Andy St. John get changed? I know that there's a right hook/left hook prompt at the end of the fight, and I'm pretty sure that used the d-pad.
    Did they change that? Did they keep it?

Okay well, in terms of the infamous glass shard scene, that can be traced back to Telltale's new gameplay formula. Every single encounter an

• No spoilers but S4 is starting off on a good note, in my opinion.

deadproxy posted: »

Wow, that's fucking garbage. That's the best thing about not cutting your hand off, you basically treat your dead hand as a meat mallet and

Sign in to comment in this discussion.