What we learned from the Telltale AMA on Reddit

2»

Comments

• LazyAlexLazyAlex Banned
    edited August 2018

You're probably right about other animals being intelligent and caring, I haven't been around them enough to really know how they behave. And to clarify, I don't particularly like the fact that animals have to be killed for food now that we have plenty of it, but me not eating them is not going to stop the slaughter, so I just eat the meat, at least they don't die for nothing, you know? Anyway, I guess I've been kinda desensitized to the murder of farm animals, that I consider it normal now, that's why eating cats and dogs seems so weird and messed up to me. That's just the circumstances influencing me. We can find common ground in the fact that animal murder is wrong, we just have different ways to deal with it. And maybe I'm a bit biased, having grown up with dogs my whole life

Mariana238 posted: »

I'm not. I'm actually vegan. I was just pointing out the double standard. Pigs and cows are very intelligent caring animals, just like dogs. As if intelligence or caringness should even factor in whether a living creature deserves pain.

• I'm glad you can at least see it like that. There has actually been a huge increase in veganism and vegan products, so being vegan on your own might not have affected anything, but with the amount of people there are now it certainly is having a great effect. Hopefully they can do that stem cell burger or whatever they're making. Honestly with how unsustainable meat is we probably won't have that "luxury" for much longer anyway.

LazyAlex posted: »

You're probably right about other animals being intelligent and caring, I haven't been around them enough to really know how they behave. An

• I'm happy we can find some common ground :smiley: And thanks for making me think, and come to the conclusion that no animal deserves to treated like that. It's always been something I never gave much thought to, part of me wanted to ignore it because I've always loved animals as a kid, and I didn't want to think about the harsh conditions they live and die in.

Mariana238 posted: »

I'm glad you can at least see it like that. There has actually been a huge increase in veganism and vegan products, so being vegan on your o

• :) and I can't definitely relate to trying to ignore it. I did that for a while but one day ended up reading in depth and watching videos and it changed me for life. Thanks for having an open mind

LazyAlex posted: »

I'm happy we can find some common ground And thanks for making me think, and come to the conclusion that no animal deserves to treated like

Sign in to comment in this discussion.