How long till they fix scar problem seriously

I really want to have a save that actually has the cheek scar

Comments

• The problem aint the scar as much as the game thinking u went with kenny instead of stayin at wellington
    that means no kenny hat unfortunately

• Yeah apparently they’re “fixing” it right now and I think they are but I really wish to know when It will be fixed cause I’m not sure whether to stay at Wellington or abandon Kenny and get the alone ending for the second episode of season 4.

• Telltale support told me that apparently they are trying to fix this issue that leads to having no scar at all (for Wellington ending and Kenny ending) but they said that the game should recognize our choices still, just for some reason the scar wont appear.

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited August 2018

But since the story builder shows the same thing as if u went wit kenny doesnt that mean the game thinks u did? if its just the scar then its not that big of a deal and it can b fixed without havin to restart the ep,but if the game doesnt properly recognize the choices thats a bigger problm

Poogers555 posted: »

Telltale support told me that apparently they are trying to fix this issue that leads to having no scar at all (for Wellington ending and Ke

• They should've just added the Wellington ending into the Story Builder. An extra choice seen after choosing to go with Kenny would've done the trick

• Also why does the game sometimes still ask u about some choices in the story builder even if u imported a save? some ppl said the games asked about lilly even if they imported the save but it didnt happen for me so wtf?
    something is clearly wrong with the saves and story builder for now

• For me it only asked what was Lee's last advice for some reason

Also why does the game sometimes still ask u about some choices in the story builder even if u imported a save? some ppl said the games aske

• For me it also asked that, but it also asked if I shot Lee or not

For me it only asked what was Lee's last advice for some reason

• The story builder should be updated to include the Wellington ending. I feel a bit left out in the rain to be honest, and don't understand the decision not to include it. It's arguably the choice with the most immediate impact on ANF and TFS, yet somehow they left out one out of four of Clem's appearances, and a pretty popular one too. It worked in ANF, so what's up with that?
    And the Kenny hat...well, it sucks, but I guess you can always explain it away with AJ or Clem losing it. Bit harder to explain the position of Clementine's scar changing for no reason.

• Apparently saying you stayed with Kenny means you stayed with him all the way. So sadly yes, in the story gen you cant say you went to Wellington (I have no idea why they didnt bother)

Seems like the only way to have the game recognize the Wellington ending is to import your save directly (or something)

Either way it is annoying, seems like Wellington players got the much shorter side of the stick because they will have no scar and will also not recognize they stayed at Wellington.

But since the story builder shows the same thing as if u went wit kenny doesnt that mean the game thinks u did? if its just the scar then it

• Bit harder to explain the position of Clementine's scar changing for no reason.

Also hard to explain her finger growing back like it did for some people :D

The story builder should be updated to include the Wellington ending. I feel a bit left out in the rain to be honest, and don't understand t

• Seems like the only way to have the game recognize the Wellington ending is to import your save directly (or something)

Nope. It's impossible even if you import a save locally, at least for now. I'm not surprised tbh, the Wellington flashback in ANF was already extremely underwhelming even when compared to the other flashbacks. For some reason, Telltale hates that ending with a passion.

Apparently saying you stayed with Kenny means you stayed with him all the way. So sadly yes, in the story gen you cant say you went to Welli

• Poogers555 did they say how long it will take

• Yeah, wasnt too sure about that as I heard somewhere someone managed to get the cheek scar to work.

Im guessing its probably due to the story gen just skipping Wellington, which probably leads to some kind of save corruption. This same issue is probably for why some people's forehead scars dont appear. (like mine, and Im honestly scared af that Telltale going "Dont worry about it, it still recognizes you were with Kenny" will end up not being true)

Seems like the only way to have the game recognize the Wellington ending is to import your save directly (or something) Nope. It's i

• Probably misunderstanding this, but does that mean they're taking away the eyebrow scar for people who did the Kenny ending?

Telltale support told me that apparently they are trying to fix this issue that leads to having no scar at all (for Wellington ending and Ke

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited August 2018

Its really simple,they just need to update the story builder,if u dont have a save u make choices in the story builder,if u import a save,the story builder sequence is autocompleted with the choices found in your savegame and where u made choices not present in there ,they choose the closest thing to it,u didnt leave kenny after he killed jane,so they say u stayed with kenny (no wellington scene,no wellington scar)
    if u let kenny kill jane and then shoot him,its like "did she shoot kenny? yeah so they say u killed him and the "did she leave jane?" well shes dead so yeah and they show u shootin kenny then leaving jane

• Well I just want to know how long cause I want Kenny to be alive in my playthrough and I want to know so I can either go Wellington ending or alone ending and leave him behind.

• How long did it take for them to respond to you cause I sent two and they replied

• Haven’t replied

• They arnt taking it away, its just a glitch in general. For example I dont have the Kenny forehead scar when I should, but they said it still should recognize that I stayed with Kenny

Stewart25 posted: »

Probably misunderstanding this, but does that mean they're taking away the eyebrow scar for people who did the Kenny ending?

• So do you have any idea when it will be fixed?

• Why do you both want to fix the scar? I really liked the scar on my forehead.

• Because it makes me feel like Kenny’s dead in my playthrough even though I left him alive

• Because it's a constant reflection of choices made in previous Seasons, and one of the few choices that really has an impact. It's annoying that they left out an entire group of people. Sounds like the cheek scar/Wellington was never meant to be in the game at all, which honestly sucks. It was one of the few cool things ANF did.

BigLee posted: »

Why do you both want to fix the scar? I really liked the scar on my forehead.

• At first I didn't like the scar I got in my playthrough (Scar on right eye brow) but looking at the other options I was so thankful lol. The missing finger one is pretty bad.

I am a bit annoyed it didn't factor in my decisions from Season 1 and 2 as well though, It only read my TNF file so I had to fill in and it said I let Lee turn and left him chained when I actually put him out of his misery because I knew he wouldn't want to be a walker. I stayed at wellington too.

I want the Kenny Hat :(

• is it fixed yet ? seriously its been almost a week

• Absolutely gamebreaking bug, requesting a refund...

• Oh that makes me feel much better about it. I made a rant thread about it.

• yeah but how long till its fixed thats what i want to know

• It will probably never get fixed, man. Telltale has totally shitted on the wellington ending.

yeah but how long till its fixed thats what i want to know

• I did a Kenny save upload and she has an AJ tattoo which jane.gave her .
    I a go it alone and she still has all of her fingers.
    System is busted.

• any news yet on them fixing it yet?

• I'm pretty sure the game will have an update when it's fixed

any news yet on them fixing it yet?

• Lazy Telltale never gonna fix it

• Yeah it makes absolutely no sense why we weren't able to differentiate between the Kenny and Wellington ending in the story generator. I can understand not differentiating between letting the family in or not for the Jane ending since the same thing pretty much happens regardless, but in this case Telltale effectively ignores an entire s2 ending and the scars that players got from it. Unacceptable

They should've just added the Wellington ending into the Story Builder. An extra choice seen after choosing to go with Kenny would've done the trick

• I made a post earlier about the same issue. From what people are saying I now believe that it was forgotten about completely, to be honest, due to the fact that there's no Kenny hat and Wellington isn't even an option in the story builder. I think Clem's scar was put in last minute as they knew it was forgotten about, may be far fetched but nothing really makes make sense to me otherwise. Hopefully I'm wrong on that though.

Thankfully it looks like they are actively trying to solve the issue and I've heard some rumours that it might be fixed by the time episode 2 comes out, so there's that at least. :smile:

• any news of it being fixed yet?

• Also still waiting on an update about this. Telltale support hasn't responded to my email, but hopefully we hear something soon. It's really screwing with my immersion in the game, as menial as that seems.

• I must be the only that didn't have this problem?

My Clem had a missing finger in S3 and she still has it.

• This is what they told me: "Thank you for contacting us. We are aware of an issue where Clementine has the wrong scar after traveling to Wellington, and are working on a solution. In the meantime this should not affect your choices. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know".
    There is still hope...

Also still waiting on an update about this. Telltale support hasn't responded to my email, but hopefully we hear something soon. It's really screwing with my immersion in the game, as menial as that seems.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.