Telltale The Walking Dead is coming to an end. How do you feel about it?

Comments

• End it? Why?

Because at some point, there just aren't any worthwhile stories left to tell with Clementine.

ryolacap posted: »

I think they are making a mistake. They are sitting on one of the Walking Dead's top characters.. End it? Why? There is so much potential

• edited August 2018

i love this series (i am replaying it for the 3rd time from season 1 to the current episode, already played the new episode) i am on season 1 episode 2 (about half way through it again)

this season so far the new one is one of the best ever. i dunno why they decided to end it when it was like the season 1 going back to how it was.

the only way it would work is if kenny was not dead or lee was still alive (yes i know there was an option to shoot lee) ad we get to continue the future seasons with one of them or if not then at least we play as AJ like 5 years later (when he is like between 10-12 years old)

• they tried with clem season 2 then with ANF they decided to see if we would like to play as someone else but it failed so they are now trying with clem again.

so if Clem does not die they could bring her back like a stunt say they end her story to get hype and then get more sales etc and then bring her back

End it? Why? Because at some point, there just aren't any worthwhile stories left to tell with Clementine.

• I hope so. I’d love to go back to the beginning again with new characters. It would also be cool matching up the timelines like when the new characters are at a certain point of time we can look and say “hey this is around the time Lee and the group were at the St John’s” or something

They aren't stopping TWD. They're stopping Clem's story. Future TWD seasons won't have Clem at all. I hope they're starting over from the beginning with all new characters in a new location.

• It's been a blast, the first season was revolutionary to me, and subsequent seasons have all been fun & enjoyable in their own way. Given how much time's past since the first season, I'm not surprised that there have been some inconsistencies (like between the Psycho Clem in ANF and this current season's Mamma Clem), but the series as a whole has revealed some of the great potential of episodic, choice-based games.

I'm itching for the S4 E2 already! When it's all over, I'll probably be satisfied knowing that there will be more, better Telltale-style games that will build upon the formula TWD established.

• edited August 2018

I feel its probably for the best. Sadly my enjoyment in Walking Dead has drained a lot, for more than just the game. I cant even watch the show anymore as its just a sad husk of what it used to be.

On the bright side, season 4 has had a very strong start and I hope it continues that quality through the whole season and they end it on a high note. I always feel many times its better to have things end on a note where everyone remembers it being great, than to milk it out over and over until when it final ends everyone remembers it as a piece of garbage. Obviously its sad at first to see something end that you really enjoyed, but overall its better to have something end when its time for it to end, rather than have it go on forever until its not enjoyable anymore.

• edited August 2018

also i hear rick and maggie are leaving? like why wtf

if true then the show will only last 2 more seasons due to this

fear will only last till season 6

i love both shows

Poogers555 posted: »

I feel its probably for the best. Sadly my enjoyment in Walking Dead has drained a lot, for more than just the game. I cant even watch the s

• My guts telling me after whatever happens to Rick ratings will get very very low, and they will announce season 10 will be the last season.

mneilan posted: »

also i hear rick and maggie are leaving? like why wtf if true then the show will only last 2 more seasons due to this fear will only last till season 6 i love both shows

• why is rick and maggie leaving. also maggie is prego which is weird she leaving

Poogers555 posted: »

My guts telling me after whatever happens to Rick ratings will get very very low, and they will announce season 10 will be the last season.

• edited August 2018

Yes, Rick and Maggie are my favorite characters of the show I don’t know if I can continue watching without them. I remember back in season 6 being so excited about Maggie becoming a leader and seeing A New Beginning Rick, now everything is gone...

why is rick and maggie leaving. also maggie is prego which is weird she leaving

• and the ratings but why are those two leaving

Box Tv posted: »

Yes, Rick and Maggie are my favorite characters of the show I don’t know if I can continue watching without them. I remember back in season 6 being so excited about Maggie becoming a leader and seeing A New Beginning Rick, now everything is gone...

• No game will ever sparkle this community ever agian like twd did....I feel everyday the ending closes I loose a part of my soul ?

• I just want them to go out on a high note and give this character and story the ending they deserve.

• Apparently Andrew Lincoln said he was leaving so he could be with his family more. But story wise we have no idea why hes leaving or if he is going to die or something

• Same

Daxxertes posted: »

I just want them to go out on a high note and give this character and story the ending they deserve.

• That's exactly how I feel, you're not alone.

No game will ever sparkle this community ever agian like twd did....I feel everyday the ending closes I loose a part of my soul ?

• Rick is leaving because Andrew Lincoln is British and is sick of spending half the year away from his family every year. Idk why Laren Cohen is leaving. She's been in a lot of movies lately. Maybe deciding to pursue her movie career. Last I heard she wasn't actually leaving, though, just taking a reduced role, which would make sense, giving her more time to do movies. When the season picks up in October they're doing a time jump so Maggie won't be pregnant any more.

• Morgan has been trying to get the people on Fear to go back to Alexandria with him. I think they're getting ready to merge the shows and end Fear.

also i hear rick and maggie are leaving? like why wtf if true then the show will only last 2 more seasons due to this fear will only last till season 6 i love both shows

• so she will have a baby

the whole show was about rick (if you see the very first episode) so him going would leave a big gap to fill and they will probably not

Rick is leaving because Andrew Lincoln is British and is sick of spending half the year away from his family every year. Idk why Laren Cohen

• maybe fear will end after season 4 or 5 and the characters from fear will be in TWD

Morgan has been trying to get the people on Fear to go back to Alexandria with him. I think they're getting ready to merge the shows and end Fear.

• Maybe. Idk what season Fear is on right now. 4, I think... Anyway, I expect after killing off 2 of the main characters this season alone, including Fear's version of Rick, Madison, they're gonna take the surviving characters from Fear and roll them into the main series.

As for replacing Rick, last I heard they offered Norman Reedus, Daryl, a big pay raise to take over the lead spot. Also, Rick isn't dying. They're leaving it open for him to return later if he wants to. I guess he's just gonna disappear somehow, or go into a coma or something lame like that lol

maybe fear will end after season 4 or 5 and the characters from fear will be in TWD

• I'm going to miss Clem. I really hope they will do a DLC for this last season.

• I don't wanna believe it's ending, so i'm gonna pretend this whole thread is bullshit.

• Same lmaooo

Dex-Starr posted: »

I don't wanna believe it's ending, so i'm gonna pretend this whole thread is bullshit.

• Same what??

Leegendary posted: »

Same lmaooo

• What you said about the thread?

Same what??

• I have a solid feeling Telltale is gonna do another WD game in time (obviously not with Clem). So I’ll stick around I guess, after seeing Done Running I have full confidence in TT to make new characters interesting. Sadly TWD as a whole will never be the same without Clem, she is definitely the best WD character IMO at this point.

• I wouldn't mind a TWD game set in another country. Maybe England?

• protagonist: "Oi! This mate is a dead one" slaps
    walker: "Ah fuck, I can't believe you done this"

I wouldn't mind a TWD game set in another country. Maybe England?

• Coming to an end?

Unacceptable.

• edited August 2018

Pretty sad. I'm gonna miss anticipating the next episode and spectating on what I think will happen in future episodes and seasons. But glad to know that it's ending on its own terms and not overstaying its welcome.

• edited August 2018

Who knows if I'll ever get as invested into another story as I was in Clem's? And by the time that could possibly happen again I could very well be an old man that doesn't play games anymore. With the end of this story it's like a piece of my childhood ends with it. So I'm just gonna try to enjoy every moment.

• The English walkers would be way too polite to grab or bite anyone. Every minute they'd be apologizing. :D

I wouldn't mind a TWD game set in another country. Maybe England?

• And everytime they kill someone they make a line for taking a bite out

The English walkers would be way too polite to grab or bite anyone. Every minute they'd be apologizing.

• You don’t know the English. :smile:

The English walkers would be way too polite to grab or bite anyone. Every minute they'd be apologizing.

• No, that's the canadians.

• I'm guessing you're American because Europeans don't see it like that :D

• Have a look at this

@Saltyliquorice @GSSalvador @Tornado31619 @MrGraffio

• edited August 2018

Sad to see it end. It’s one thing if a game or a movie or a tv show ends but you know they’ll be a sequel or another season. You’ll see the characters again soon enough. But when it’s the last season, last film in a series, it’s goodbye.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.