(S4) Season 2 Wellington Ending Not Included?

edited August 2018 in The Walking Dead

When using the story creator for The Final Season I noticed that there's no option for season 2's Wellington ending where you can leave Kenny behind and let Clem and AJ continue into Wellington, is this an oversight on Telltale's part and does anyone know if they are aware already and planning to correct this? I've also seen other's say that even after they choose this ending in their save the first episode of season 4 lumps you in with the go with Kenny crowd.

UPDATE: I've done some digging and found this person's video
They explain in the description about the inconstancy and says: "...I found out that the scar on Clem's head instead of her cheek is indeed a mistake from telltale but fellow youtuber... told me that telltale will fix this and it should be fixed by the time episode 2 comes out" so looks promising. :smile:

Tagged:

Comments

• I left Kenny and took AJ into Wellington; I don't think there was any oversight in the story creator, they simply only included the fact that you left the car with Kenny, and didn't include anything else probably because it won't be relevant to this episode.

So yeah, if you choose Kenny over Jane, you'll always get the same scene in the story creator (even though the variations in the Kenny endings have very different implications for Clem's character-- you'll just have to keep that spirit alive yourself!)

• edited August 2018

The reason I thought it was an oversight is (and I probably should have mentioned this) that in S4 EP1, people have said that Clem doesn't appear to have the scar on her cheek from Wellington but instead the cut she gets above the eyebrow which is caused by the car crash with Kenny, which they never choose. Really confusing, not sure if it's a bug with their saves but I'll need to finish my play through to see if the same happens with myself.

I left Kenny and took AJ into Wellington; I don't think there was any oversight in the story creator, they simply only included the fact tha

• Hmm good points about the scar, I didn't notice that

allochloe posted: »

The reason I thought it was an oversight is (and I probably should have mentioned this) that in S4 EP1, people have said that Clem doesn't a

• It seems to not be an oversight and rather a concious decision. For what reason they chose to do this, I have no idea. But it really sucks. One of the few good things ANF did was the different Clementines you got by choosing different endings.

Alone -> lost left ring finger
    Jane -> AJ tattoo
    Kenny -> head scar
    Wellington -> cheek scar

#NotMyClementine

• edited August 2018

Yup, it's actually kinda putting me off playing season 4 a little bit. Was just starting my marathon of the games and I was going to choose Wellington as, in my opinion, it's way more of a stronger ending writing wise, especially in terms of ANF (no silly car crash or having Jane hang).

It seems to not be an oversight and rather a concious decision. For what reason they chose to do this, I have no idea. But it really sucks.

• Wellington as, in my opinion, it's way more of a stronger ending writing wise

Damn straight if someone says they didnt cry at the wellington ending u kno damn well their ass b lyin!

allochloe posted: »

Yup, it's actually kinda putting me off playing season 4 a little bit. Was just starting my marathon of the games and I was going to choose

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2018

It seems to not be an oversight and rather a concious decision

It may seem like it, but the Wellington scar certainly exists and is 100% meant to show up.

That official Clementine cosplay guide they put out the other day? All of the scars are included for reference, including the Wellington scar:

And the texture for the Wellinton scar is indeed in the game itself (it's the one on the left, the one on the right is the Kenny scar):

It seems to not be an oversight and rather a concious decision. For what reason they chose to do this, I have no idea. But it really sucks.

• You know what I really regret, AJ can't wear Kenny's hat, now that's a real shame.

• Speaking of which, where is it exactly?

Demonarke posted: »

You know what I really regret, AJ can't wear Kenny's hat, now that's a real shame.

• I've seen it said that it's a bug and they're working on getting the Wellington ending to import properly.

• what really bugged me about the story generator thing was clem wearing the hoodie when she shot lee. my clem didn't steal from the car and it was a huge deal for me. ;(

also i let kenny kill jane then shot kenny and left alone but it showed clem as saving jane then leaving her.

• Hopefully they add the wellington ending to the story builder.

• idk the hoodie was a really big deal for me and imo a big part of how clem ended up. i didn't steal arvo's medicine because lee and clem didn't steal from the car.

• While that is good to know, I still don't understand the decision to skip over Wellington in the story builder. But oh well. As long as it shows up eventually, I'm good.

Deltino posted: »

It seems to not be an oversight and rather a concious decision It may seem like it, but the Wellington scar certainly exists and is

Sign in to comment in this discussion.