Which characters do you think shouldn't have existed?

In the series so far, there might have been some characters without whom you think it would have been better off. Wanted to know your thoughts on 'em.

Comments

• LazyAlexLazyAlex Banned
    edited August 2018

Nobody really comes to mind. Maybe Tripp, even though I liked him, he was honestly really useless, he didn't really add anything substantial to the story, if you take him out of it, the only thing missing is the love story between him and Eleanor, which was honestly not that interesting or developed. Other than that, he was just kinda there with the group and that's it.

• Russian bandit group in season 2, that was just terrible.

• Jane, probably the only major character who was made up on the spot besides Joan and Clint.

• I never understood why there were russian in America in the first place

Jayroen posted: »

Russian bandit group in season 2, that was just terrible.

• Gabe because he had no redeeming qualities at all and his only purpose seemed to be a whiny bitch, which just added more fuel to the fire of ANF becoming worst and worst.

• Arvo and his stormtrooper friends

• Luke. Kenny post-Season 1. Jane. The Russian Group. The entire ANF cast, except Javier, Mariana, & Tripp.

• They were likely vacationing when the outbreak began and likely never made it back home.

MrGraffio posted: »

I never understood why there were russian in America in the first place

• edited August 2018

Eleanor, Tripp, Gabriel Garcia, Bonnie, Arvo and Sarah.
    Oh well maybe Sarah is like how Clementine would be if Chuck didnt suggest to Lee to teach her how to survive, since there arent little girls or adults or men or women anymore, just living or dead people.

• The girl who won the contest and was put into the game. Because it's be better if Obama won.

• Gabe cus he kissed Clem.

• ANF Clem

• Reggie. No question.

• Man, you really hate her don't you?

ANF Clem

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited August 2018

yeah :D
    fuck that bitch,bruh
    She was so awesome in S2
    But the "ANF version"
    theres someone out there who doesnt hate her?
    its not like she gave me any reasons not to

NexusFire posted: »

Man, you really hate her don't you?

• The whole Russian group in S2, Tripp, Eleanor and Badger.

• edited August 2018

So barring minor characters and essential extras, here's my list. These characters are by no means bad characters, but their involvement in the story is lacking. That being said there are also bad characters that didn't make it on this list because they have a purpose in the story.

Season 1:

• Mark. He only existed to be eaten at the end, when that could have easily been either Travis or David depending on whether you chopped off the leg. That was the original idea.
    • Jolene. She was interesting, but in the grand scheme of things, her story about the raiders is really just fluff to pad the runtime. She could have provided crucial information about the St Johns but she didn't.
    • Chuck. God I love Chuck, but the only thing he did was teach Lee a lesson. Anyone could have done that.
    • Molly. She was only there to provide exposition about Crawford. And that exposition could have been given via the cancer group. She is also super similar to Jane, but Jane is the more important of the two.

Season 2:

• Victor, Ralph and Winston. Jesus are you fucking kidding me? These guys could have had so much to do in the story but they were just generic bad guys created solely to "kill off" Christa.
    • Nick. Nick was fascinating and easily could have been one of the best characters in Season 2, but his story arc when absolutely nowhere.
    • All the 400 Days characters except Bonnie. I like 400 Days, but those characters were supposed to play a role in Season 2 and were just delegated to background roles.
    • Reggie. What did Reggie do for the story at all? Literally nothing. He just showed how bad Carver was, and we already knew that.
    • Troy. Troy just hit Clementine and got shot in the dick.
    • Mike. Once again, Mike is cool, but he's really just group filler. I think he might have had something to do with Ralph from the beginning eventually, but
    • I know a lot of people put the Russians on here but I actually think they are important. Arvo is the beginning of the end for our group as he was the wedge that started to drive everyone apart. And the Russian group, while bland characters, was just a conduit for that story. So these are not useless characters.

A New Frontier:

• Everyone who was introduced in ANF. (Nah jk, I just only played this game once so I don't have enough knowledge to think about each character in detail.)

The Final Season:

• I'm proud to say that it seems like every single character introduced in the first episode on the Final Season seems crucial to the plot. There are characters like Mitch, Ruby, Omar, Willy, that don't do much, but once again it's only the first episode. Out of all the main characters, I can't think of one that doesn't provide something to the narrative of episode 1.
  • Season 1:

• Glenn - his role in Episode 1 could have been filled by Mark, thus giving him a bit more screentime before he died, and making his death a bit more impactful.
    • Omid & Christa - a big MAYBE, since I personally think, if both of them had survived, Doug and Carley could have filled their roles.

Season 2:

• Alvin & Rebecca - similarly, I, and I'm sure many people, think their role could have been filled by Omid & Christa. Maybe keep Alvin, though.
    • Kenny - Kenny died in that alleyway in Savannah.
    • Jane.
    • Tavia - at least not as part of Carver's group. Maybe as part of Wellington.
    • Arvo, Natasha, Buricko and Vitali - as their own separate group. In another thread, I posted the idea that they could have been part of Carver's group, used both as muscle and, when Clem's group shows up, sent to see if Wellington truly exists. And, despite Arvo being crippled, he's kept alive only because he's the only one who can act as a translator.
    • Randy, Patricia & Gil - again, as their own separate group. If we had been allowed to explore Howe's, they could have been part of the community.

Michonne:

• Siddiq - similar to the Glenn case, his role could have been filled by Berto, thus giving him more time to develop and giving his death more of an impact.
    • Randall - post-Episode 1. When I first played Episode 1, after you either kill or spare Zachary, there's the sounds of what seems to be shouting, struggling and shooting. Before, Episode 2 came out, based on their previous interactions, I thought that Randall's frustration had reached its' breaking point and he decided to take control of Monroe from Norma. But, no.

Season 3:

• Gabe.
    • David. Fucking hypocrite.
    • Kate - they should have kept her as Javi and David's sister, as originally intended, because the love triangle, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Kate, if you knew what David was asking of you and you didn't agree with it, then why did you marry him anyway? As for your crush on Javi, I might have been willing to go through with it, if you hadn't chosen David. So, no, there is no 'us'. Javi and Kate are not a thing. As a sister-in-law, I'll look out for you, but as a love interest, you mean nothing to me.
    • Badger - maybe his role could have been filled either by Rufus if you let him go, or either Max or Lonnie if you shot Rufus.
    • Conrad post-Episode 2 - his characterisation is all over the place when, realistically, after avenging Francine's death, he has no reason to save the home of the people who took his wife/lover/friend-with-benefits (?) from. That, and we never once get a chance to call him out for his actions in Episode 2. Not even a simple "Go fuck yourself, Conrad."
    • Eleanor post-Episode 4 - This instance, and much of Episode 4 and 5, made me hate the Telltale trope of characters blaming the main character for shit that either a. they did to themselves, or b. the main character had no control over. The way Eleanor acted in Episode 5 made me more angry at her than at Badger. Badger I just wanted to kill, but Eleanor I wanted to kill and let her turn.
  • I liked her.

yeah fuck that bitch,bruh She was so awesome in S2 But the "ANF version" theres someone out there who doesnt hate her? its not like she gave me any reasons not to

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited August 2018

Well u either
    1. lyin
    2. on sum good shit that i wanna try
    3. trollin,so u lyin again

FORTLEE posted: »

I liked her.

1. Jane: Kinda obvious she was an on the spot last minute character drawn up

2. Arvo: Scumbag among group of most cliche villains ever. Renders your choice to rob him or not meaningless, shoots Clementine, then runs off, unpunished and unscathed, did they just want to piss us off with this character? The shootout in episode 5 I solemnly believe should have happened between the group against Carver and his people

3. Reggie: Has one scene before he gets murdered. Literally a one note plot device to show how "brutal" Carver is. Nuff said.

4. Alvin and Rebecca: I'm against the idea because instead of using characters we had a pre existing relationship with like Omid and Christa's and following up on their story, they get shitcanned in the first 10 minutes and this is what we get. They're not bad, but they definitely shouldn't exist

5. 400 Days Characters: What was the point of the entire DLC of they were going to be reduced to 1 liners in Season 2?

6. Gabe: Need I say more?

7. Mark: Another obvious plot device, while not handled as poorly, he just exists as the expendable loss Lee's group takes to the St. John's

8. Joan and The New Frontier: These generic, undeveloped, over the top evil raiders got an entire game named after them. Why? There's nothing special or interesting about them and operate like any other scumbag raider group. No depth or development, just kill em all

• In my opinion there is only one and its ava

• Ava is the bald chick from A New Frontier, right?

What did she contribute to the story, again? I'm not being a wise-ass. I'm genuinely curious.

In my opinion there is only one and its ava

• She didn't nothing to the history at the beginning she was to be like a clem friend but she became a forgoten character and his second death its so stupid

Ava is the bald chick from A New Frontier, right? What did she contribute to the story, again? I'm not being a wise-ass. I'm genuinely curious.

• What?! Ava was a goddess. She tried to help Clementine whenever she could. It's a shame she had to live her last moments around peasants. If anything, that stupid bitch ELEANOR never should've existed

In my opinion there is only one and its ava

• Oh boy, never thought this would actually end up being a topic.

Honestly, the only character that immediately comes to mind is Mariana.

• Joan was in the story early enough for Eleanor to be intentionally designed to resemble her though and likely played a role similar to the one Clint and to a lesser extent Lingard does.

@LazyAlex Nobody really comes to mind. Maybe Tripp, even though I liked him, he was honestly really useless, he didn't really add anything substantial to the story, if you take him out of it, the only thing missing is the love story between him and Eleanor, which was honestly not that interesting or developed. Other than that, he was just kinda there with the group and that's it.

Spot on, though I honestly go that far.

@Jayroen Russian bandit group in season 2, that was just terrible.

Technically, they weren't really bandits and Arvo himself had some potential, but to each their own.

@MrGraffio I never understood why there were russian in America in the first place

They were originally supposed to be Mexican, but were changed to Russian since it's more foreign and thus harder to understand.

@TheDerpGod The girl who won the contest and was put into the game.

Brie?

Because it's be better if Obama won.

Jane, probably the only major character who was made up on the spot besides Joan and Clint.

• Nah honest I liked her personality character I liked jane and molly too they had the same personality you can say I like girls with edgy attitude.

Well u either 1. lyin 2. on sum good shit that i wanna try 3. trollin,so u lyin again

• edited August 2018
    • Glenn (His purpose was nothing but being a fan-service. Mark could have easily replaced him in Episode instead of a character joining Lee's group off-screen)
    • Reggie (Why was he in this game in the first place? Just to give us another reason why Carver is an asshole?)
    • Gabe (Mariana's death didn't change him at all, he was still a whiny child who kept bringing trouble around. He should have died instead of her in episode 1. He is worse than Ben. His death in Episode 5 was nothing but satisfying)
    • Eleanor (She never does something in later episodes other than being a doctor and betraying the group)
    • Joan (Easily the worst TWD antagonist of the Telltale universe)
    • 400 Days characters (We played the DLC just to hear extra dialogues in Season 2?)
    • Jane (Do I need to say something? She replaced the Cabin members)
    • Sarita (She only there just for the sake of Kenny's character. No one asked for a remake of Kenny's family's death)
    • Arvo and his friends (If there were no plans for him in later seasons, why was there no option to kill this shitbird?)
    • Badger (He is just there to show how much of a terrible human he was by killing a little girl and destroying Prescott who didn't do absolutely nothing to him)
    • Troy (Same as Badger. Just there to show his abuse on Clementine and other prisoners)
    • Kate (I never asked for forced romance in the game. I wish she died in episode 1)
  • I liked her personality

liked

her

personality

honest

liked

Nah honest I liked her personality character I liked jane and molly too they had the same personality you can say I like girls with edgy attitude.

• sorry I don't get it whats the point of Splitting my comment to several words.

I liked her personality ... liked ... her ... personality ... honest ... liked ...

• its what was goin on in my mind when i read ur comment
    liked
    k,what?
    liked? well k thats.....thats um....fine,like,k,i mean its like....ok
    honest? so,so he,hes not like....jokin? wait,i gotta read that again
    hes,like...serious?
    ok,i mean,its....like,ok,thats fine,thats thats ok like
    everybody can like,have...their like opinion but....wait he isnt jokin?
    ok
    but wait? is,is he like....jokin?

sorry I don't get it whats the point of Splitting my comment to several words.

• I see but its the cruel truth i liked S3 clem and I like jane and molly and any edgy female character that may ever came cross to know in video games I just find my self in love with those type of girls.

its what was goin on in my mind when i read ur comment like liked k,what? liked? well k thats.....thats um....fine,like,k,i mean its lik

• ok....... ... ... .

I see but its the cruel truth i liked S3 clem and I like jane and molly and any edgy female character that may ever came cross to know in video games I just find my self in love with those type of girls.

• Damn, alright, breathe man.

Fuckin Shoula and Dex Starr be turnin they heads sideways here.

its what was goin on in my mind when i read ur comment like liked k,what? liked? well k thats.....thats um....fine,like,k,i mean its lik

• Mike added nothing for me. Kinda forgot about him.

• Is it too late to go back to my initial thought on the twins and say Minnie was the extraneous one?

• Gabe
    Season 3 Kenny
    Ben

• Kate, that woman is so freaking useless

Sign in to comment in this discussion.