"Done Running" Cringey or Self-Aware? (SPOILERS)

2»

Comments

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited September 2018

the first episodes of twd never been the best
    usually the most interesting shit happens in later eps
    like 2 fo s1 n 3 for s2,or like,idk 5 for s3

• I really liked Louis's song, I was hoping it was a full OST. The card game is another story.

• I didn’t think it was cringey but some of the moments did make me cringe like Louis’s grading on Clem and Violet (The dialogue choice for defending Violet was the most cringe, imo) and the boyfriend question Louis asks you (which I’m sure they added for the Gabentine fans).

• the boyfriend question Louis asks you

What I like/appreciation about that scene is that it both shows a brief but noticeable deviation in Louis's presentation and that Violet is not only not above it all in the slightest, but will in fact go all in.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I didn’t think it was cringey but some of the moments did make me cringe like Louis’s grading on Clem and Violet (The dialogue choice for de

• Yea. I'm genuinely surprised they did that. I like this actually because not only does it allow us to still support Gabentine, but it also gives us a chance to retcon it for those of us who didn't like it.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I didn’t think it was cringey but some of the moments did make me cringe like Louis’s grading on Clem and Violet (The dialogue choice for de

• Eh, I'm not.
    All it really proves is that some people on the post-AtL staff really did like the ship and thus decided to consistently sneak it in. Well that and Telltale stickin to their guns on something for once, but eh.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Yea. I'm genuinely surprised they did that. I like this actually because not only does it allow us to still support Gabentine, but it also gives us a chance to retcon it for those of us who didn't like it.

• Still think it's cool though. :D

DabigRG posted: »

Eh, I'm not. All it really proves is that some people on the post-AtL staff really did like the ship and thus decided to consistently sneak it in. Well that and Telltale stickin to their guns on something for once, but eh.

• I didn't find any of it cringey - well, except the end confrontation of course. Really pushed the whole episode down for me. But in spite of saying that, I'm gonna be bold and say that this season will turn out to be better, but not stronger, than S1. Good job Telltale!

• Why do people use the word cringe so much nowadays

• It's just one of those [vaguely higher-level] words that people on the internet spam so much that it kinda loses it's intended meaning/seriousness.

Why do people use the word cringe so much nowadays

• edited September 2018

Same goes for 'basically'. Whenever I use that word people look at me like I'm an idiot, so much so that I've had to resort to 'essentially' for a substitute.

DabigRG posted: »

It's just one of those [vaguely higher-level] words that people on the internet spam so much that it kinda loses it's intended meaning/seriousness.

• Thesaurus’ are mandatory for forum posters essentially.

Ghetsis posted: »

Same goes for 'basically'. Whenever I use that word people look at me like I'm an idiot, so much so that I've had to resort to 'essentially' for a substitute.

• I decided to make a video based on this discussion.

• I forgot this was way a thing.
    So I guess the question now would be whether it's self-awareness or Episode 2 playing straight is the more "cringe."

• It’s not even remotely cringey

• Tell that to the trolls on Reddit. LuL. #TROLLSNEVERCHANGE

Rankles75 posted: »

It’s not even remotely cringey

• So...gonna make a sequel thread to this?

• The whole "cringey" thing as a critique is some millennial bs I wish would die already

• LuL

The whole "cringey" thing as a critique is some millennial bs I wish would die already

• We live in an age now where people can’t look past nostalgia when judging new movies in comparison to old ones, to the point where shit characters are viewed as Gods and decent characters are shat on all over, and where people post those cringey “diss tracks” left right and centre, as well as starting drama for the views, or as another cringey words, which seems to have also recently surfaced, the “clout”. In other words, we probably live in the worst age in the existence of our species and it can’t get worse than it already is

The whole "cringey" thing as a critique is some millennial bs I wish would die already

• edited December 2018

Care to define "Cringey" in ur own words?

From what I looked up, the term Cringey applies to something ur embarrassed about. Why u so embarrassed, bro?

Melton23 posted: »

We live in an age now where people can’t look past nostalgia when judging new movies in comparison to old ones, to the point where shit char

• edited December 2018

Cringeyness these days seems to come in a form of discomfort, like that little description you posted right there says, only you only read half of it. You can not honestly say that looking at somebody dabbing, doing fortnite dances in public or making your teeth look like skittles while pretending to call yourself a rapper makes you feel comfortable, because all of that stuff, today’s “culture” is honestly gross to even think about, let alone view with your own eyes. Besides, embarrassment still comes to mind. Look at this

You’d do this, or be anywhere near somebody who does this, without feeling a slight bit of embarrassment? Didn’t think so.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Care to define "Cringey" in ur own words? From what I looked up, the term Cringey applies to something ur embarrassed about. Why u so embarrassed, bro?

• edited December 2018

Life is cringe confirmed

Melton23 posted: »

Cringeyness these days seems to come in a form of discomfort, like that little description you posted right there says, only you only read h

Sign in to comment in this discussion.