*Theory* AJ got abused in the Mcarrol Ranch.

Comments

• choices would matter in that case at least

GSSalvador posted: »

And if Clem was abused it's because the players chose that. I'm sorry, but that is an absolutely terrible way to handle that kind of subject. That would come off as if abuse was merely a character-trait. What is this? A David Cage game?

• I'm really not sure the evidence thus far supports abuse at the ranch. AJ does state that he liked it at the ranch ' before all the blood '. He likes the idea of a stationary home rather than life on the move. He's wishful toward meeting living people rather than leery.

It's an interesting theory, and would make for a dark story line. We're all eager to learn about the ranch, and what occurred there if it caused AJ's habits.

Monsters might've just been the word the ranchers used for them rather than Walkers or how they explained what Walkers were.

AJ being looked over for harm after being in the care of people she hasn't met that had her tied to a bed isn't odd.

Suffer the children could be referring to the school children that had been abducted, or any of the school children at the hands of raiders. Some of the characters at the moment appear to be obvious fodder. Time will tell.

• edited September 2018

I mean, yeah, but choices not mattering would be the least of the game's problems if they actually treat abuse like if it was a choice.

hopefulfx posted: »

choices would matter in that case at least

• Yup, i can understand, let see how far Telltale will go.

GSSalvador posted: »

I mean, yeah, but choices not mattering would be the least of the game's problems if they actually treat abuse like if it was a choice.

• Ya, many things could have happened in the ranch. My theory is just one of some.
    Just the fact that Clem is VERY focused on AJ (like mothers/adoptive ones would be) make me think of something that Clem had to do for the better good of AJ.

Poptarts posted: »

I'm really not sure the evidence thus far supports abuse at the ranch. AJ does state that he liked it at the ranch ' before all the blood '.

• You hope he was abused.

lol, this forum sometimes...

Melton23 posted: »

Hope so ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

• edited September 2018

The dabbing Pepe was supposed to imply that I was joking
    But there was some truth to it

You hope he was abused. lol, this forum sometimes...

• I hope it's not true but for some reason I feel like she could've been in a situation like Molly was in the first season.

• Exactly

Slyderka posted: »

I hope it's not true but for some reason I feel like she could've been in a situation like Molly was in the first season.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

My theory as to what took place at the "Mcarrol Ranch", as they like to call it, is that the ranch was actually a HUGE top secret underground government testing facility. The government scientists there would test a mysterious compound on zombies and humans, seeing whether or not it could reverse the effects of the zombie virus, and to see if people who'd been injected with the compound would still turn after being bitten. Whether or not the compound was successful is unknown, as all the scientists, along with the all data collected from the research, had perished in a fiery explosion that resulted from Clementine deliberately causing the facility's nuclear reactor to overheat.

• The people at the ranch maybe too protective of AJ and it ends in a huge fight?

• I think maybe they hurt Clem or something and AJ didn’t protect her and that’s why he’s so protective, He didn’t protect her before but now he wants to

• exactly

Leegendary posted: »

I think maybe they hurt Clem or something and AJ didn’t protect her and that’s why he’s so protective, He didn’t protect her before but now he wants to

• Not so sure that he was abused but I definitely think some kind of mutiny or mass murder happened there that involved them both escaping.

• Is it me or right after the sneak peak at the new episode AJ just become more interesting, cool and loveable? And my intentions to keep him safe all season has risen up more than ever before?

tl;dr: I liked him more <33

• did your hear how Clem was breathing after she woke up from the nightmare and when she was a sleep after the car crash that wasn't the breath of of a mom scared for her kid it was a breath of a highly traumatized women.

Something bad to AJ is something bad to Clem tho.

• oof, that edge tho

Melton23 posted: »

Hope so ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

• I think AJ actually killed bunch of people there

FORTLEE posted: »

did your hear how Clem was breathing after she woke up from the nightmare and when she was a sleep after the car crash that wasn't the breath of of a mom scared for her kid it was a breath of a highly traumatized women.

• I am sorry I haven't explained my meaning in a good way the way clem was breathing was weird it was a heavy breathing and kind emotionally mixed with fear like she was suffering from a trauma from a terrible thing happens to her in person not to aj not to other it happens to her maybe she experienced something really frightening at the ranch.

• man why does everybody have to have some kinda fucked up past or secrets with you boys. maybe aj is just a 6 year old with the mind of a 6 year old in a world of monsters and like a 6 year old is constantly fidgety and easily scared.

you know like a 6 year old.

• clicked on dis thread just cuz of the username of the last comment
    like,das rly good name

man why does everybody have to have some kinda fucked up past or secrets with you boys. maybe aj is just a 6 year old with the mind of a 6 y

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

maybe aj is just a 6 year old with the mind of a 6 year old in a world of monsters

Don't you get it?! He IS the monster!!!

man why does everybody have to have some kinda fucked up past or secrets with you boys. maybe aj is just a 6 year old with the mind of a 6 y

• aj said he liked the ranch before it got like destroyed or whatever happened that made em leave so i dont think he got abused
    (unless he did and he liked it?)

• how could i have been so blind

Dex-Starr posted: »

maybe aj is just a 6 year old with the mind of a 6 year old in a world of monsters Don't you get it?! He IS the monster!!!

• thanks i think

clicked on dis thread just cuz of the username of the last comment like,das rly good name

• At the time he was in the ranch, he was about 4yo (cause they were on the road for a long time) I cant really see a kid this yong on a killing a bunch of people

Alegra2018 posted: »

I think AJ actually killed bunch of people there

• I respect your opinion

FORTLEE posted: »

did your hear how Clem was breathing after she woke up from the nightmare and when she was a sleep after the car crash that wasn't the breath of of a mom scared for her kid it was a breath of a highly traumatized women.

• Maybe she asked him not to

Leegendary posted: »

I think maybe they hurt Clem or something and AJ didn’t protect her and that’s why he’s so protective, He didn’t protect her before but now he wants to

• If something happened to AJ cue Clementine's theme song

• ** Abel hits AJ **
    Clementine's theme song plays:

CapnJay posted: »

If something happened to AJ cue Clementine's theme song

• edited September 2018

and what she will do, theme song

CapnJay posted: »

If something happened to AJ cue Clementine's theme song

• lol people can't see that in this season AJ is the one who protector and not Clem ... It's not like S1. AJ feel like he's protector of Clem.

• AJ maybe try to protect Clem but she is the one who look for his well being

lol people can't see that in this season AJ is the one who protector and not Clem ... It's not like S1. AJ feel like he's protector of Clem.

• They are looking to protect each other. But - People can not understand how different and amazing is S4 - AJ is not like Clem when she was younger! Clem loved that when Lee was her protector but here AJ is not the sweetheart kid like Clem was: he's badass and he wants to be protector of Clem. It's amazing.
    He's not a weak kid and Clem is softer than him.

AJ maybe try to protect Clem but she is the one who look for his well being

• Yeah, Clem was raised for 8 years to be a sweet girl. On the opposite, AJ was raised to be a hardened survivor and to be though. Lee teaches Clem to be a survivor but now Clem must teach AJ to be a kid and live in a community

They are looking to protect each other. But - People can not understand how different and amazing is S4 - AJ is not like Clem when she was y

• Right!

Yeah, Clem was raised for 8 years to be a sweet girl. On the opposite, AJ was raised to be a hardened survivor and to be though. Lee teaches Clem to be a survivor but now Clem must teach AJ to be a kid and live in a community

• That seems to a disturbingly frequent train of thought among these parts: these relatively unknown but good people are actually abusers/thiefs/perverts/murderers.

• It's most likely the latter.

@CapnJay The Mcarrol ranch people made Clem "earn her keep" and she never told AJ because she did what she had to to provide for him.

. * Flashes back to NSFW Spams *

@Wiso2kinfinity That's fucked up homie

People have been asking for that since before Season 2.
    ...For some reason.

@bloop This theory falls apart when you remember AJ himself saying that the ranch was nice before the blood, indicating that it was a nice place until something destroyed it.

"I'm sorry AJ, I don't remember what Kate showed me exactly."

ralo229 posted: »

I'm thinking either Clem went full on psycho and murdered everyone at the ranch to rescue AJ and is now traumatized by her actions or she was staying at the ranch with AJ and some raiders came and massacred everyone.

• edited September 2018

Ah yeah, that's makin your protagonist more root-worthy.

@Leegendary I think maybe they hurt Clem or something and AJ didn’t protect her and that’s why he’s so protective, He didn’t protect her before but now he wants to

Okay, I might just tolerate that kind of element if that's the case.

@Hersani Is it me or right after the sneak peak at the new episode AJ just become more interesting, cool and loveable?

You mean by doing that vaguely edgy, contemplating in the dark thing? I guess.

At least it wasn't fuckin Marlon.

@FORTLEE did your hear how Clem was breathing after she woke up from the nightmare and when she was a sleep after the car crash that wasn't the breath of of a mom scared for her kid it was a breath of a highly traumatized women.

Not to be sexist, but isn't that the same fuckin thing?

@ ClemyClooAndBabybooClemyClooAndBabyboo man why does everybody have to have some kinda fucked up past or secrets with you boys.

I know right?

The people at the ranch maybe too protective of AJ and it ends in a huge fight?

• So many theories

Sign in to comment in this discussion.