If Season 2 did end with Luke vs Kenny, who would you side with?

Let's say that Season 2 ends with the car crashing due to an argument and the group getting separated with Clementine left protecting AJ through the snowstorm. They all reconvene at the rest stop and both (at the same time) ask Clementine to give AJ to them. Throughout Episode 5 they had been arguing over whether to go north to Wellington (Kenny) or whether to go back to Howe's for supplies and warmth (Luke).

Both of them begin arguing even further at the rest stop with Luke blaming Kenny for the mess they're in, with no car and the blizzard around them, they might not make it to Howe's. Kenny argues back and both of them want to take the baby and Clementine their own way as they find it best to survive (no random "Oh I left the baby in the car to show you how mean Kenny can be" stuff here).

They both begin to fight with Clementine not able to get involved as she's still trying to protect AJ but she rushes outside and same thing happens (due to lack of something like a dagger, we can just say Kenny is strangling Luke), Clementine has to decide to shoot Kenny or let him do the deed and finish Luke off.

I find this would be way more conflicting than Kenny vs Jane, so who would you guys pick?

For me, I'd pick Luke in a heartbeat.

(also just for fun, let's assume Kenny/Luke don't die in ANF flashbacks but get separated from Clementine in separate scenarios and are determinant companions in TFS with it turning out they were at the ranch where AJ is being kept, so you know that this is a more long-term decision and not just a decision that'll lead to the same endings with Luke just replacing Jane and that's it).

Comments

• I don't see Luke doing what Jane did, so I think the context that do the fight happens would be diferent, what make it hard to think what would I do. I don't shoot kenny because I was angry at Jan for letting AJ die.

• Even if it was obvious from the second they've met it would've been better for the story....personally I would find the choice between luke and Kenny to be more difficult than Jane and Kenny...

• It could be Kenny vs Eleanor and I'd still pick Eleanor

• As much as I like Luke I'd still choose Kenny, the only 2 people that I would choose over Kenny are Lee and/or Clementine. Gladly it never came to that.

• Amen, Hail Kenny, the savior of urbans, who shall watch us from his majestic flying boat and protect us from the Janiacs.

alekgn posted: »

Always.

• edited September 2018

Luke was my favorite character,i loved him more than anyone else in season 2 so..Yeah i'd pick Luke.
    You know i'm glad this didn't happen now,just imagine choosing Luke,just so he could die in a five minute flashback in ANF.

• Luke .

Kenny was dealing the moment he tal

• Luke 110%. Kenny died in Savannah. B)

• Luke

The moment Kenny started talking shit about Clem after Sarita's death regardless of your choices he was dead to me.

• but clem would probably still care about kenny more than luke,tho,she knew him fo a longer time

CapnJay posted: »

Luke The moment Kenny started talking shit about Clem after Sarita's death regardless of your choices he was dead to me.

• To be fair she didn't really "know him" that well in Season One and he has been absent for almost two years

but clem would probably still care about kenny more than luke,tho,she knew him fo a longer time

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited September 2018

she still knew him fo longer time than luke that she just met like a week before tho

HarjKS posted: »

To be fair she didn't really "know him" that well in Season One and he has been absent for almost two years

• CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited September 2018

I Mean a lot of people stay with their abuser because they've known them longer . So your not wrong

she still knew him fo longer time than luke that she just met like a week before tho

• yeah,regardless of how like crazy or whatever that mf kenny got by the end,clems a kid,she probably trusts him more,so probably would have stayed with him n not luke,so if endin was luke vs kenny id choose that

I Mean a lot of people stay with their abuser because they've known them longer . So your not wrong

• Thing is that Kenny ain't an abuser.

• maybe a lil bit at times,but nah kenny the g.o.a.t

Thing is that Kenny ain't an abuser.

• He's psychologically and emotionally abusive. He treats everyone like shit unless you fall in line. And he's a complete moron

"When this truck stops I'm going to punch the first son of a bitch I see , take his gun and shoot the next son of a bitch I see."

That would have been like trying to race for the gun when Marlon has it as first choice or telling AJ to shoot Abel.

Thing is that Kenny ain't an abuser.

• I still wouldn't pick Kenny, simply due to him being a danger to anyone who isn't impressionable or big enough to fight back.

• I believe that's possibly why Luke was killed off was because the climax wouldn't have occurred with Luke or him around.

• The only time I saw Kenny truly abusive towards Clem was shortly after Saritas death. But that's pretty much it about his ''abuse''
    You can see throughout episode 4 and episode 5 of S2 his facial expression when Clem's around. He looks away and according to his facial expressions he seems to be very ashamed of how he behaved. He later on apologizes and I had the impression that he even got rather submissive towards Clem at the end.

He's psychologically and emotionally abusive. He treats everyone like shit unless you fall in line. And he's a complete moron "When this

• Luke.
    Pretty much most of my after the fact thoughts about the determinant screentime would be amplified.

• Now this choiche would be heavy like the Asher Rodrik form GoT...but I would have go with Kenny. I just didn’t like Luke, it is something to do with e1s2 when Luke dropped Clem, didn’t trust her and locked her outside to die. Clem was just collateral for the s2 group.

• Their point is that Kenny was almost purely a proxy relation that barely got any interaction between them specifically, while Luke is someone she personally of her own experience and thus could form her own, direct connection with.

• Luke! I would side with almost anyone over Kenny.

• Luke, definitely.

• edited September 2018

This Luke vs Kenny choice basically boils down to 'should I let Kenny murder a friend for no good reason?'

When some goes as far as to kill because they can't take criticism, it's time to let them go.

• I would pick Kenny. I love Luke but Kenny is family to me. I know that the deaths of everyone he loved deeply affected him mentally and there were times he lost his cool with Clementine, but with all that he has been through it would be surprising if he came out of it unscathed

• To be fair, Luke wasn't the one who decided to lock her up. It was Carlos. He even disagrees with Carlos at first.

MrGraffio posted: »

Now this choiche would be heavy like the Asher Rodrik form GoT...but I would have go with Kenny. I just didn’t like Luke, it is something to

• And only goes along with it because it's the better deal from either alternative.
    Need to be sure.

To be fair, Luke wasn't the one who decided to lock her up. It was Carlos. He even disagrees with Carlos at first.

• I would side with Luke if it´s a discussion, obviously, because he is more level-headed and down to earth, even if he can be useless

If it is a fight to death, i would always protect the one who is about to die.

• Even though he apologised for how he treated her, even though he was dealing with grief (which affects people in a lot of bad ways), even though Clem says “i know you didn’t mean it” and anyone who knows Kenny will know that he didn’t meant it. God some people are so sensitive. Guess it works both ways

Luke The moment Kenny started talking shit about Clem after Sarita's death regardless of your choices he was dead to me.

• Imagine being a prisoner in a truck where he’s scared and he doesn’t think straight, ever think of that? But of course because it’s “Kenny” he needs to be talked shit about right?

You know you say he treats everyone like shit, what about the way they treat him? Ever think of that? Just because others aren’t abusive or act aggressive like Kenny doesn’t mean they aren’t shitheads either. Instead they just talk behind his back. At least he’s upfront and honest about everything. There’s nothing worse than a bunch of dickheads talking shit about you behind your back. Imagine how that feels to someone then question why he is the way he is. Im referring to Season 2 here by the way

He's psychologically and emotionally abusive. He treats everyone like shit unless you fall in line. And he's a complete moron "When this

• In this situation, Luke. But I doubt Kenny would try to kill Luke based solely on a disagreement. But if he had gone that far over the edge I would have saved Luke.

• He even snapped at Kaatja and Sarita. I don't know if you're banned for a day or permanently but replay the games and look at all of the characters objectively. Try saving larry but still being on his side. See how one little thing against him makes you his enemy. Was his reckless behavior BTW Christa lost her Baby and Kenny pressured her to drink. Not saying the two are related but... check out seasons 1and 2 and record interactions. Then you can see when he was a dick, unreasonable dick, reckless, etc.especially if you disagree one time. If he's the victim in a this your empirical evidence will prove it. If not maybe your rating of him might change.

dan_290786 posted: »

Imagine being a prisoner in a truck where he’s scared and he doesn’t think straight, ever think of that? But of course because it’s “Kenny”

• edited September 2018

i wonder if people would side with a real life Kenny acting in the same exact manner in a real life zombie apocalypse.

• I know a guy who looks like Kenny in real life but he's a nice guy.
    I would stay away from Kenny types in a re Apocalypse. You need someone reasonable. He endangers the group.

i wonder if people would side with a real life Kenny acting in the same exact manner in a real life zombie apocalypse.

• i like your user name its my favorite.

AlvinLeeJr posted: »

Luke! I would side with almost anyone over Kenny.

• But the group talking behind Kenny's back was a result of his irrationally and unpredictable behaviour. Its not like they hate him and do it for the fun.

dan_290786 posted: »

Imagine being a prisoner in a truck where he’s scared and he doesn’t think straight, ever think of that? But of course because it’s “Kenny”

Sign in to comment in this discussion.