Why doesn't Clem return to Richmond?

I know we need a good storyline and it would be boring for them to continue Clem in Richmond, but I still think they should address why she doesn't go back. In my play through of ANF Javi tells Clem to come back after she gets AJ. For me it would be a great ending if Clem found her way back to Richmond and Javi and whoever was left had a happy ending there. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Because she knows Gabe is there.

• edited September 2018

I completely agree that’s how the game should end determinate you say leave him but she doesn’t come back to Richmond and if you say Bring him back she comes back to richmaond and we get to see Javis kids if you romanced kate

• Pretty sure everyone in Richmond is dead or on the road.
    You just can't hide behind walls forever, it draws attention, people will attack you.
    As to why Clem doesn't go back ? Perhaps she knows this too or maybe she went back and it was already gone

• "Was he good at it? (Baseball) " "I don't know, we never got to play."

• Telltale said they will explain the gap in between ANF and Season 4, but I guess we'll have to wait till then to see if that just means Season 4 and the Ranch, or the whole gap of ANF to Season 4.

• If that's true they should give an explanation.

Pretty sure everyone in Richmond is dead or on the road. You just can't hide behind walls forever, it draws attention, people will attack y

• edited September 2018

Thanks for the theories so far!

MaxTheFax posted: »

"Was he good at it? (Baseball) " "I don't know, we never got to play."

• I’m sure Telltale will give some sort of explanation in a later episode.

• We have a winner!

Jayroen posted: »

Because she knows Gabe is there.

• That is a good line to think about. I didn't really notice. Hopefully when they explain it they give a good explanation and not something quick and simple.

MaxTheFax posted: »

"Was he good at it? (Baseball) " "I don't know, we never got to play."

• I have a feeling that whatever happened at the ranch is connected to why Clem and AJ aren’t playing baseball with Javi in Richmond.

• Yeah it'd be nice if she mentioned it

If that's true they should give an explanation.

• Neh, the little fucker survived in my play.

• cuz richmond is ass

• Because Eleanor’s still there

• I think javi left and continued surviving on the road.

• Although it would be funny if she were to return to Richmond with either Louis or Violet. I'd imagine it would go something like this:

Gabe: Oh my God! Clem, you're finally back, I've missed you so much.

Clem: Oh hey....you...um...

G: Gabe

C: Gabe, that's right. Hey, have you met my new boyfriend/girlfriend Louis/Violet.

G: (immediately starts crying and shouting about how much of a man he is).

• Clementine is allergic to bad writing.

• I think that's a possible play-through but in my play-through Javi stepped up as the leader of Richmond.

I think javi left and continued surviving on the road.

• Gabe would be the reason why my Clem WOULD return to Richmond.

• hahhaha

Although it would be funny if she were to return to Richmond with either Louis or Violet. I'd imagine it would go something like this: Ga

• In my playthrough Javi just stood there awkwardly for 10 minutes blankly staring, because I didn't like either option, so I understand why she didn't go back. I imagine we'll get some reference to what happened there, or maybe even an optional choice to go back at the end. Considering how easily Javier and his merry band of incompetent followers managed to wreck the place and take over, I'm just operating under the assumption/hope that the entire area is probably gone by now. Likely involving an explosion making pudding.

• Ever since Clem left Gabe hasn't been able to stop crying and whining. All the noise he makes attracts a constant stream of walkers. Richmond is surrounded by them. Nobody is getting in, or out of that place.

In the Gabe is dead scenario, Kate had quintuplets, who together make slightly less noise than Gabe, but still enough to attract herds of walkers.

• Doesn't have a vehicle to drive and walking would take time y'know.....

• edited September 2018

She HAD a vehicle. The game literally opens up with her driving a car. And when she left Richmond to go get AJ, she walked there, since Lingard said the ranch is only a few miles west of Richmond.

Im_Emerald posted: »

Doesn't have a vehicle to drive and walking would take time y'know.....

• Jesus focken Christ, 35 likes?
    How many likes can Elmo get?

• Because she wants to forget that a new frontier happened.

• Really? When did they say that?

Poogers555 posted: »

Telltale said they will explain the gap in between ANF and Season 4, but I guess we'll have to wait till then to see if that just means Season 4 and the Ranch, or the whole gap of ANF to Season 4.

• Yet the boardingschool has magically stayed safe for 9 years without problems...

Pretty sure everyone in Richmond is dead or on the road. You just can't hide behind walls forever, it draws attention, people will attack y

• The ranch will make a good stand alone dlc

• The boarding school is in the middle of a dense forest, as Marlon said "No one really comes out here anymore".
    And there were problems with the raiders Marlon made a deal with.
    Richmond is a city in the middle of other settlements. Everyone knows of Richmond.

qualityrice posted: »

Yet the boardingschool has magically stayed safe for 9 years without problems...

• Maybe she just doesn't know the way back xd?

• lmao

• That doesn't mean they won't ever run out of food. It was the same thing about the motor inn in season 1, after 3 months, they had completely run out of food, medicin and supplies in the area, even though they were located right beside a forest. How have they survived for 9 years and just now starting to have a food problem? It makes no sense.

The boarding school is in the middle of a dense forest, as Marlon said "No one really comes out here anymore". And there were problems with

• Food wasn't the point here but ok let's focus on that.
    We learn that Marlon made the "safe zone" smaller over the years so we can assume it was pretty big to begin with, they probably had plenty of game to catch / hunt and plenty of fish (Even now they have a lot of fish traps, a mile of river filled with traps).
    They also had the green house, which according to Marlon, had plenty of vegetables growing.
    Since at the beginning the "safe zone" was bigger we can assume that they probably looted some food from nearby buildings/stores/whatever.
    You also have to realize that this is a fictional story and not everything has to make perfect sense, they can stretch some things if it helps to drive the story

That doesn't mean they won't ever run out of food. It was the same thing about the motor inn in season 1, after 3 months, they had completel

• Literally all of your points are explained in the episode.

That doesn't mean they won't ever run out of food. It was the same thing about the motor inn in season 1, after 3 months, they had completel

Sign in to comment in this discussion.