Lilly doesn’t deserve the hate she gets. Plus she is not a bad person!

Lilly doesn’t deserve the hate she gets. Yes, she was a bitch and did some terrible things, but let’s remember Lee also killed someone in cold blood after getting angry because he slept with his wife and Kenny also was completely broken in season two.
Lilly got depressed and paranoid after her father died, before that she was actually pretty reasonable and she is an interesting and complex character, one of the best in season one! Lilly still can have redemption! As Lee said: “Bad things happen to everyone, and it is hard to keep yourself after they do”.

Comments

• The one thing she did that really rubbed me the wrong way was shooting Carley. Like at least when Doug dies she was trying to shoot Ben which was the person that actually dealt with the bandits. But with Carley she kills her basically because she was salty. I don’t really know what to think of her honestly, but I think she’ll show her true colors if she comes back in TFS.

• I Totally agree with you

The one thing she did that really rubbed me the wrong way was shooting Carley. Like at least when Doug dies she was trying to shoot Ben whic

• edited September 2018

Yes, as I said Lilly did this terrible thing, she became too crazy and paranoid after her father died, she was loosing herself. This definitely doesn’t justify what Lilly did, but she still can have redemption.

The one thing she did that really rubbed me the wrong way was shooting Carley. Like at least when Doug dies she was trying to shoot Ben whic

• edited September 2018

but she still can have redemption.

I definitely agree. I guess we’ll find out when/if she comes back.

Box Tv posted: »

Yes, as I said Lilly did this terrible thing, she became too crazy and paranoid after her father died, she was loosing herself. This definitely doesn’t justify what Lilly did, but she still can have redemption.

• Absolutely agree....I have said many times that she was going through a mental breakdown when the raiders hit...that broke her and she was incapable of thinking rationally. Carley might have been better off not mouthing off though especially when it was clear Lilly was not all there.

Maybe they will give her a redemption arc...I hope so...but we will have to see.

• I love how the title takes into account the idea that people hate someone and think they're bad.

But I definitely agree. Even if I kicked her out.

• edited September 2018

Lilly doesn’t deserve the hate she gets. Yes, she was a bitch and did some terrible things, but let’s remember Lee also killed someone in cold blood after getting angry because he slept with his wife and Kenny also was completely broken in season two.
    Lilly got depressed and paranoid after her father died, before that she was actually pretty reasonable and she is an interesting and complex character, one of the best in season one! Lilly still can have redemption! As Lee said: “Bad things happen to everyone, and it is hard to keep yourself after they do”.

Yeah, she does deserves the hate. She's a backstabbing cold-hearted murderer. Lee killed someone in a fight by accident and he had a reason. Kenny had a reason as well, let's face it, the people he killed aren't exactly innocent. Lilly, on the other hand, had no reason to murder Carley in cold blood. What Lee did was manslaughter, what Lilly did was cold-blooded murder. Yeah, she lost her dad, how many people lost someone? Kenny lost his family, did he kill anyone straight after just for a petty insult? did Lee who lost his whole family? even before her dad's death, she was still unreasonable and a bitch who grew a lot worse over time. She murdered a kind-hearted person in cold blood, sells you out no matter what and if given a chance, robs you and leaves you for dead, this alone proves that she didn't give a flying fuck about you(as Lee) and Clem but for some reason people think she did, if this doesn't make her a bad person, I don't know what will? she's already established herself as a villain and deserves no redemption but I got a feeling Telltale will do a Scott Gimple and give her a redemption arc.

• I was thinking about it and a redemption arc would be..weird.
    I mean she killed Carley/Doug like what 8 years ago in the game ?

I just think Lilly's gonna be happy to see Clem after all these years,Lilly's not a "villain",she never had a problem with Clem in season 1.

• Always thought she should have her own miniseries, she would've been perfect for it.

• I hope if she comes back I get the option to shoot her

• edited September 2018

Well murdering someone who slept with your wife is a lot different than murdering someone that didn't really do anything to you anyway. I mean she was broken because of her father's death but she unleashed her wrath onto an innocent person, which wasn't the case with Lee.

• Well what makes you think she would be a good person once we see her agian if possible huh?maybe she turned bad.

• I don't blame her for killing Doug/Carley, I'm just sad.

• edited September 2018

I actually let Lilly stay, even after she killed Carley. You actually get to see a different part of the game, not available to those who left her. Similar to killing Conrad or siding with him, in A New Frontier.

• Interesting how Lilly is defended even though she's basically female Kenny.

• So because your wife cheats on you, it’s okay to murder the person she’s sleeping with? And this is coming from someone who LOATHES cheaters. It’s been awhile since S1 so someone please correct me if I’m wrong. From what I remember, Lee killed the man his wife was cheating on him with out of anger? Isn’t that relatively the same thing Lily did? She reacted out of pure anger and paranoia.

• She never hated Lee without good reason to, I helped kill her unconscious dad so I’m more or less the guilty one.

DanteTimes2 posted: »

Interesting how Lilly is defended even though she's basically female Kenny.

• One of my only nitpicks with s1was how they made Larry and Lily the 'antagonists' (Larry hits you at the drugstore no matter what) for lack of a better word, to slot in some tension. I mean it worked, but it's almost like Telltale has evolved since then and they no longer do things like that, i.e. Jane vs Kenny.

• That was because Lily was intended to be the character from the comic and thus had to have what was essentially a descending backstory.

Ghetsis posted: »

One of my only nitpicks with s1was how they made Larry and Lily the 'antagonists' (Larry hits you at the drugstore no matter what) for lack

• They did the same thing with Kenny pretty much at the end of S1(either he tries to save Ben or help Christa) and in Season 2, so what's wrong now? Lilly can't have one?

Because Kenny never did anything that was even close to what Lilly did. Kenny had his reasons whereas Lilly didn't.

I like Lilly more than Carley, yep!

So you like a woman that betrays you over a woman that saved your life?

• she never had a problem with Clem in season 1.

Then why'd she leave her to die then?

iFoRias posted: »

I was thinking about it and a redemption arc would be..weird. I mean she killed Carley/Doug like what 8 years ago in the game ? I just t

• You do realize that:
    1. It wasn't about leaving anyone to somehow die
    2. The RV was gonna break down anyway
    3. They were gonna get the train moving the moment they realized they couldn't go far thanks in part to it

IceRyder posted: »

she never had a problem with Clem in season 1. Then why'd she leave her to die then?

• That wasn’t out of spite, it was fear for her life. No one liked her anymore and she thought they would kill her, who knows what her state of mind was like then.

she never had a problem with Clem in season 1. Then why'd she leave her to die then?

• edited September 2018

That wasn’t out of spite, it was fear for her life. No one liked her anymore and she thought they would kill her, who knows what her state of mind was like then.

So it was cowardness and selfishness, the group let her back on the RV and she took advantage of them, she didn't look that scared.

1. In a world full of zombies and dangerous people, stealing the only transport and leaving a group stranded is leaving them to die.
    2. But she didn't know that.
    3. Like I said before, Lilly didn't know any of this, as far as she was concerned, there was a working RV and train that may not work.
    DabigRG posted: »

You do realize that: 1. It wasn't about leaving anyone to somehow die 2. The RV was gonna break down anyway 3. They were gonna get the train moving the moment they realized they couldn't go far thanks in part to it

• edited September 2018

Yes she made a mistake but it has been already fucking 8 years, even Negan regreted what he did, why can’t she have redemption? She is not evil.
    And while I like Carley, as a characters she isn't near as complex and interesting as Lilly.

They did the same thing with Kenny pretty much at the end of S1(either he tries to save Ben or help Christa) and in Season 2, so what's wron

• This includes military service in the air force, and apparently the group went to an airfield somewhere, finding mark. They must have went looking for a plane that Lily could fly, but who knows

Yes she made a mistake but it has been already fucking 8 years, even Negan regreted what he did, why can’t she have redemption? She is not evil. And while I like Carley, as a characters she isn't near as complex and interesting as Lilly.

• edited September 2018

If we stay with Lilly the whole game, Kenny will stay against us and he wouldn't try to help us to find Clem in EPISODE 5, so doesn't he care about Clem too ? Lilly always tried to take care of Clem, EP 2 AND 3, even when Lee helps Kenny to kill Larry, she says " Go, I'll keep Clementine safe ". When she stole the RV is because she saw the shit she did, killing Carley or Doug, and that the group was cracked and that they were going to abandon her anyway or even KILL HER. The only thing she did was survival instinct. Kenny didn't care that much about Clem, he just cares about his family, this is being selfish. Lilly isn't selfish, EP 2 when Kenny brought Ben to the Motor-Inn, Kenny said BULLSHIT to Lilly, and then she says " I'm doing that because I'm trying to protect his family, we simple don't have enough of food ". Kenny killed Larry in front of Clem, COLD BLOOD and Lilly killed Carley or Doug in front of Clem, COLD BLOOD. People LOVE 'IM SO MUCH. Something is wrong, this hate against her is so useless, we don't need this fight anymore, let's just be friends and talk well to each other and respect their opinions and don't be rude.

WeNeedRespectNotFight

* In a world full of zombies and dangerous people, stealing the only transport and leaving a group stranded is leaving them to die. * But s

• Yes she made a mistake but it has been already fucking 8 years, even Negan regreted what he did, why can’t she have redemption? She is not evil.
    And while I like Carley, as a characters she isn't near as complex and interesting as Lilly.

So what if it's been 8 years, should we forgive and forget if we cross paths with a scumbag of a snake again? Thing is, unlike Negan, she didn't seem to have any regret, as far as she's concerned, she made no mistakes. Negan is a nut case, he had reasons though but brutal reasons but it doesn't mean he should get a free pass, he was locked up and exiled, doesn't matter if years went by, should Maggie forgive him because he regretted what he did? I don't know what one can do to be classified as evil but Lilly is a cold-hearted murderer that selfishly leaves you to die, even if she ain't evil, she's still bad, she's certainly not good though. Should the Stranger, St Johns get redemption arc if they lived? no, some are just too evil to be redeemed.

Yes she made a mistake but it has been already fucking 8 years, even Negan regreted what he did, why can’t she have redemption? She is not evil. And while I like Carley, as a characters she isn't near as complex and interesting as Lilly.

• If we stay with Lilly the whole game, Kenny will stay against us and he wouldn't try to help us to find Clem in EPISODE 5, so doesn't he care about Clem too ?

Kenny may have been a dick, I ain't gonna excuse his behavior. But no matter how you treated him, he stuck with you till the end, you change his mind into helping you look for a Clem, can you change Lilly's mind to prevent the shit she did? no, you side with her and the outcomes still the same.

Lilly always tried to take care of Clem, EP 2 AND 3, even when Lee helps Kenny to kill Larry, she say " Go, I'll keep Clementine safe ".

EP 2 She watched her for a couple of minutes, doesn't make her babysitter of the year and EP 3. what did she do again? I believe you know the answer.

When she stole the RV is because she saw the shit she did, killing Carley or Doug, and that the group was cracked and that they were going to abandon her anyway or even KILL HER.

She saw the shit she did and didn't regret it. The group was kind enough to take her along and she screwed them over.

The only thing she did was survival instinct.

Where's the survival in killing a kind useful member of the group.

Kenny didn't care that much about Clem, he just cares about his family, this is being selfish.

Season 2 & 3 would disagree with you. Just because he cared for his family, doesn't mean he never cared for Clem. Caring about your family makes you selfish but robbing a group doesn't?

Lilly isn't selfish

Her actions would disagree with you.

EP 2 when Kenny brought Ben to the Motor-Inn, Kenny said BULLSHIT to Lilly, and then she says " I'm doing that because I'm trying to protect his family, we simple don't have enough of food ".

Her actions speak louder than her words on protecting the group that consists of Kenny's family.

Kenny killed Larry in front of Clem, COLD BLOOD and Lilly killed Carley or Doug in front of Clem, COLD BLOOD. People LOVE 'IM SO MUCH.

Larry was a piece of shit and Kenny had a reason to kill him even Clem knew he was a piece of shit. Carley & Doug were good people and Lilly had no reason to kill them even Clem knew they were good people.

Something is wrong, this hate against her is so useless, we don't need this fight anymore, let's just be friends and talk well to each other and respect their opinions and don't be rude.

You talking to me, or Kenny fans/Lilly haters in general?

If we stay with Lilly the whole game, Kenny will stay against us and he wouldn't try to help us to find Clem in EPISODE 5, so doesn't he car

• lol we haven’t seen her in like 8 years yet you claim “she didn't seem to have any regret, as far as she's concerned, she made no mistakes”.
    And even if she is not good, she still is a good character.

Yes she made a mistake but it has been already fucking 8 years, even Negan regreted what he did, why can’t she have redemption? She is not e

• edited September 2018

Just because Larry is an asshole it doesn't mean we gotta kill him IN FRONT OF CLEM because you just don't like him and thinking he's turning in walker. Kenny didn't care to kill Larry in front of Clem or anyone else. If he had to kill Katjaa or Duck, He couldn't, because it's easy to KILL someone that isn't from his family or anything like that.

And you saying that Clem knew that Larry was a dick It doesn't mean she wants to kill him too. She screams to not kill him. She was a kid, she wasn't? Kill someone in front of her is a trauma, like Lilly did to Carley/Doug in front of Clem. I'm not here defending Lilly about what she did, I'm saying she is like Kenny, not at all, but parallel.

Lilly isn't a babysitter, because she really likes Clem, she cares about Clem every time, and Kenny ? season 1 ? After Katjaa and Duck, he didn't care about anything.

In season 2 he ONLY cares about Clem because Clem is the only person that remembers Duck, S2 EP 2 Kenny call Clem as Duck, he keeps his trauma about losing his wife and his child. And Lilly? Lilly had a trauma because Kenny killed her dad, and to say a truth, I don't know why I still here.

*And I was talking about general.

If we stay with Lilly the whole game, Kenny will stay against us and he wouldn't try to help us to find Clem in EPISODE 5, so doesn't he car

• Even though lilly was a total bitch for killing Carley, I might of forgave her for that. Especially because she seemed like a potential love interest. But her determinately stealing the Rv just shows how little remorse she had and how bad she was. And that made me hate her, the fact that she would leave lee and Clementine without any transportation after they give her a second chance.

• In the RV, when she sat in the drivers seat, she would have seen the train s their new transportation. It was pointed at the coast, which was where Kenny wanted to go to anyway.

Even though lilly was a total bitch for killing Carley, I might of forgave her for that. Especially because she seemed like a potential love

• Yeah, but she had know way of knowing that they would be able to get the train started it up.Which was a pure stroke of luck imo, so she's still potentially leaving them there stranded.

In the RV, when she sat in the drivers seat, she would have seen the train s their new transportation. It was pointed at the coast, which was where Kenny wanted to go to anyway.

• Lilly murdered someone for no good reason. That is hardly excusable and I don't think anyone should forget about it. I do agree that Lilly's mindstate and paranoia had a lot to do with it, that still doesn't absolve murder.
    I don't, however, feel the need to kill her. I don't feel like it's my Clem's place to judge her or even in her best interest to do so. It all comes down to Lilly showing remorse about it or not (which, after eight years, is kinda very likely?) and what she's doing now.

I do agree that this fandom will sometimes defend some other inexcusable murderers, though.

Fuck redemption arcs... Just fuck them. I just prefer it when characters move forward rather than a constant dwelling on their past.

• Lily's a tough one. She killed Carley and deserved to be left behind. But she was right about Ben.

If she is to return, i'm curious to see what kind of person she is now. It's been 8 years and people can change drastically in that time, especially in the world they live in. She could be legitimately sorry for what she did, especially after seeing Clementine again. Or she could be as coldhearted as ever.

• I liked Lilly, I sided with Kenny because Its Kenny who doesn't love him. But anyways, Lilly was obviously depressed from trying to keep the group together and it ultimately led to the group fallout as such.

• Lilly killing Carley was never justified, it was enough for me to leave her ass behind.

• Alternate scenario for me.

AronDracula posted: »

Lilly killing Carley was never justified, it was enough for me to leave her ass behind.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.