Whisperers Confirmed (?) for TFS!!

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

Could be fanmade, but what do you think? Looks pretty legit to me.

(If you don’t know who The Whisperers are, they are an antagonist group from the comics and TV Show who disguise themselves as walkers.)

UPDATE: The new kid from the trailer is the Whisperer from the screenshot.

They’re wearing the same jacket.

Comments

• Ooooh, I hope it’s real!

• I think it's legit he's wearing the same thing as the guy in the trailer sitting by the fire.

• I just realized that myself lol.

Slyderka posted: »

I think it's legit he's wearing the same thing as the guy in the trailer sitting by the fire.

• It's been a while since I've read the comics what actually happend to whisperers after Alpha and Beta died ? Would they still exist at this point ?

• There was dozens of them when they died, so it’s a possibility.

Then again, maybe he realized he can disguise himself as a walker without knowing who the Whisperers were.

Slyderka posted: »

It's been a while since I've read the comics what actually happend to whisperers after Alpha and Beta died ? Would they still exist at this point ?

• I think the second option is more likely

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

There was dozens of them when they died, so it’s a possibility. Then again, maybe he realized he can disguise himself as a walker without knowing who the Whisperers were.

• Guys The Whisperers are already DEAD by now. They were killed like 4-5 years after the outbreak and TT's Game Series is currently on 7-9 years after outbreak.

• The whisperers that we already know of were nearRicks group, which was in the washington DC area. TFS looks farther south, near Richmond, Virginia, which was only afew miles from the ranch. The whisperers are not extinct, man.

MaikelRR_ posted: »

Guys The Whisperers are already DEAD by now. They were killed like 4-5 years after the outbreak and TT's Game Series is currently on 7-9 years after outbreak.

• edited September 2018

Yes. According to the timeline that this game takes place at the Whisperers have been long gone for a couple years now. I know many of you don't read the comics but even if you don't you still need to realize that this game takes place in the comic universe and within that universe the Whisperers have all been killed off.

Besides, even if Kirkman was to say the Whisperers were still around he would do so in the comic and not some offshoot video game.

• Personally hope its something else, I dont want this game to suffer from stupid comic connections again. At the very least just make him so former whisper and no others in the game at all. inb4 they make it so Lily is Alpha or some shit.

• edited September 2018

There might still be the people that wear walker's skin, but the group called The Whisperers is already dead.

The whisperers that we already know of were nearRicks group, which was in the washington DC area. TFS looks farther south, near Richmond, Virginia, which was only afew miles from the ranch. The whisperers are not extinct, man.

• Definitely.

Poogers555 posted: »

Personally hope its something else, I dont want this game to suffer from stupid comic connections again. At the very least just make him so former whisper and no others in the game at all. inb4 they make it so Lily is Alpha or some shit.

• There are a lot of whisperers, there’s no way Beta convinced every single man woman and child to attack. All we saw in the whisperer war was a few waves of whisperers mixed in with walkers that were killed by Dwight, and a group of whisperers who burned down the Hilltop that mostly survived. After that, Beta and a few goons were killed by Aaron and Jesus. There are simply way too many whisperers for them to all die in a few battles. You do know that there were hundreds of them, right?

sony12 posted: »

Yes. According to the timeline that this game takes place at the Whisperers have been long gone for a couple years now. I know many of you d

• The Whisperers are pretty much gone by the time TFS takes place so no need to worry lol.

If anything, James could’ve been a former Whisperer who just stuck with wandering around like that.

Personally hope its something else, I dont want this game to suffer from stupid comic connections again. At the very least just make him so former whisper and no others in the game at all. inb4 they make it so Lily is Alpha or some shit.

• edited September 2018

And even if that is the case @TripleKillionare Kirkman would not give that answer in a video game. He would tell us in the comic.

In anycase I think this is just fan art created by this Kirsten Acuna person.

There are a lot of whisperers, there’s no way Beta convinced every single man woman and child to attack. All we saw in the whisperer war was

• Do we know he would do that? I don’t read the letters at the end of each comic so I’m a bit indecisive about that.

And even if that is the case @TripleKillionare Kirkman would not give that answer in a video game. He would tell us in the comic. In anycase I think this is just fan art created by this Kirsten Acuna person.

• He has said multiple times that he wants to keep the various medias separate from one another. So he definitely wouldn't allow Telltale to bring back the Whisperers in one of their games without first mentioning it in the comic.

Just think of it this way. The comic is the main story and the games and books are all offshoots of that main story. It isn't the games or books place to bring back old comic storylines that the people who faithfully read the comic every month wouldn't know about.

Now if the comic had said the Whisperers were still around then Telltale would likely be free to bring them to their game. But not when the Whisperers are still long gone according to the comic.

Do we know he would do that? I don’t read the letters at the end of each comic so I’m a bit indecisive about that.

• Ok, that does make sense. I’m now confused about that screenshot, if the whisperers wouldn’t be brought over then this rules out james being a survivor of the whisperer war right?

He has said multiple times that he wants to keep the various medias separate from one another. So he definitely wouldn't allow Telltale to b

• Honestly looking at it again I think it is just a troll picture (either created by Telltale themselves or some fan). The Whisperer is looking directly into the camera with its finger over its mouth. I don't think that Whisperer image has anything to do with the in universe game. I think it is being used as more of an attention seeking device. After all there is no evidence at all of any Whisperers in the trailer.

Ok, that does make sense. I’m now confused about that screenshot, if the whisperers wouldn’t be brought over then this rules out james being a survivor of the whisperer war right?

• For a fanmade image it looks too good to be fake tbh

Honestly looking at it again I think it is just a troll picture (either created by Telltale themselves or some fan). The Whisperer is lookin

• So now we get clown's with zombie masks? Oh boi, this should be good...

For a fanmade image it looks too good to be fake tbh

• With so much already going on, I am with you on that.

Jayroen posted: »

So now we get clown's with zombie masks? Oh boi, this should be good...

• edited September 2018

I don't think the Whisperers as a group will be in the game. I think the guy with the mask is a former Whisperer or something and has just kept the walker skin for the sake of surviving and pulling off the same tricks as he did with the Whisperers.

The Whisperers are pretty much donezo in the comics so there shouldn't be an organized group that utilizes the herds anymore. Just some lone wolves who escaped the war against The Militia. The guy with the mask could be one of them.

• edited September 2018

Having someone who used to be a Whisperer would work. That way it would still be clear that the Whisperers are no longer around at the time this season takes place. Having a kid who used to be a Whisperer would also be interesting because they definitely weren't kind to the kids in the group. Lydia mentioned she had been raped and the comic shows someone attempting to rape a person in the group before Negan stops them.

Findagon posted: »

I don't think the Whisperers as a group will be in the game. I think the guy with the mask is a former Whisperer or something and has just k

• It is confirmed in the letter of hacks that they are still skirmish of them out there.

MaikelRR_ posted: »

Guys The Whisperers are already DEAD by now. They were killed like 4-5 years after the outbreak and TT's Game Series is currently on 7-9 years after outbreak.

• My guess is he ain't no whisperer but he discovered this trick too...maybe the whisperers aren't the only one who make this disguise and he was smart enough to do it too kinda like the putting blood on people so they can sneak up on DEM walkers yanaw.

• I like the idea that The Whisperers are a network of people and not just the ones we saw from the comics. But more realistically it's probably someone who just had the same idea.

• edited September 2018

Lily is Alpha or some shit.

Lol. Impossible (thank god) sense Alpha had the teenage child that was Carl’s girlfriend (I forget her name).

Edit: and alpha is already dead lmao

• Alpha had the teenage child that was Carl’s girlfriend (I forget her name).

Lydia,that's her name.

Lily is Alpha or some shit. Lol. Impossible (thank god) sense Alpha had the teenage child that was Carl’s girlfriend (I forget her name). Edit: and alpha is already dead lmao

• edited September 2018

I don't think any comic reader will forget this panel

• It isn't the games or books place to bring back old comic storylines that the people who faithfully read the comic every month wouldn't know about.

That’s not true. Michonnes family was an early thing that was brought up in the comics but was never explained or expanded upon until TT’s Michonne. Elodie (Michonnes daughter) was first introduced in the Telltale game and then brought over to the comics. Elodie is also now becoming a pretty big character in the recent issues and her name or character was never specifically mentioned until the Michonne game, we only knew that Michonne had kids, we didn’t know who they were. Telltale essentially made a character that was then segwayed into the comics, Kirkman did help write the Michonne game but Telltale was really the driving force of the game as a whole. All of the TWD mediums (besides AMC obviously because it’s a separate universe) have revelations that all tie each other together.

He has said multiple times that he wants to keep the various medias separate from one another

He has said he wants to keep certain elements of the different mediums separate from each other. For example Rick won’t show up in the game or books, Clem won’t show up in the comic or books, and Lily (book series Lily) won’t be in the game or appear again in the comics.

He has said multiple times that he wants to keep the various medias separate from one another. So he definitely wouldn't allow Telltale to b

• Can someone explain to me who these "Whisperer" fucks are?

• They don’t yell

Dex-Starr posted: »

Can someone explain to me who these "Whisperer" fucks are?

• ...............That's it?

They don’t yell

• They like to rape people in their own group?

...............That's it?

• Nowww we're gettin' somewhere

They like to rape people in their own group?

• They like to wear other people skins as camouflage

Can someone explain to me who these "Whisperer" fucks are?

• Yes. It is flat out stated that the leader of the Whisperers allowed her own daughter to get raped.

They like to rape people in their own group?

• Also, they follow the teachings of the mighty... the great... the one and only... Joker.

They like to use knives so they can get nice, close and personal with their victims.

• Yeah I know I was answering her question

Yes. It is flat out stated that the leader of the Whisperers allowed her own daughter to get raped.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.