Whisperers Confirmed (?) for TFS!!

2»

Comments

• And with all this the Whisperers.....in the end....merely ended up being a plot device to tell a politics storyline.

• Yeah, and it was a cool story to explore in a post apocalyptic setting where people are reshaping civilization based on their ideals. Negan’s way, Rick’s way, Alpha’s way, and now the Commonwealths way of simply resuming life theway it left off where there is a upper, middle, and lower class system instead of everyone being equal.
    Do you not like the walking dead anymore?

sony12 posted: »

And with all this the Whisperers.....in the end....merely ended up being a plot device to tell a politics storyline.

• I still really like the comic but there are parts of it that do frustrate me.....mainly the slow pace of the whole thing. Was a huge fan of the show until the past couple seasons but the quality seems to have really dipped.....hopefully season 9 will pick it back up but I have my doubts. In regards to the game it is fun but I really disagree with many of the story decisions they make. I think they went a little overboard with allowing the players to make as many choices as they do (along with bringing back long gone characters). I would have liked them to tell a more structured narrative that made it easier for the group to build up from game to game. Tell the story of an entire group instead of just one character.

Yeah, and it was a cool story to explore in a post apocalyptic setting where people are reshaping civilization based on their ideals. Negan’

• edited September 2018

The slow nature of the comics used to bother me but it was mostly because I had the misfortune to wait an entire month for a boring, 10 minute waste of time. With over 180 issues, I can breeze through 10+ volumes in one sitting, skipping panels that no longer hold back the narrative.

The show really helped me get over this issue because instead of 40 minute snooze-fests I only had a few panels to get bogged down with. I haven’t watched the show since Morgan killed the kingdom person, the slow grind was too unbearable and the acting so aweful. I don’t know how anything besides the whisperers will excite the viewers, let alone me.

I still really like the comic but there are parts of it that do frustrate me.....mainly the slow pace of the whole thing. Was a huge fan of

• edited September 2018

The adventures of clementine as she moves from one group to the next, I think it works because otherwise the games would have the same problem as the show where it starts to get boring. I don’t think I could handle another season of kenny or jane, but having just one character really adds another layer to it all. The journey of one girl has always been the focus and is original.
    After all, the show and comics already has a group to grow with, so Telltale can do it’s own thing. I appreciate it too because fear the walking dead makes groups boring to follow for long periods of time. God I hate how that show dragged Morgan into it, why can’t it just die

I still really like the comic but there are parts of it that do frustrate me.....mainly the slow pace of the whole thing. Was a huge fan of

• Maybe. However I view it more as just laziness on TellTale's part and I think is an indication of them just wanting to churn these games out instead of putting a great deal of thought and effort into them. It's a lot easier to start every game off on a clean slate than it is to continue to have every game build off the previous ones.

Just take the comic as an example and see how popular characters like Michonne, Maggie, Andrea, Eugene, Negan......amongst several others became. Kirkman had to write an apology letter at the end of the issue in which he killed Andrea off because he knew how popular she was. The comic is a lot more than just Rick and his son and it became that way because time and effort was put into developing an entire group. The game could have resembled that in a way if TellTale was willing to put in the effort. But unfortunately they chose the easy way of basically starting from square one again with every single entry.

The adventures of clementine as she moves from one group to the next, I think it works because otherwise the games would have the same probl

• I understand your perspective, I don’t think anybody liked how christa and omid were thrown away in S2, or how S3 completely started from scratch. Not everyone can rely on a singular character to almost single-handedly drive a narrative. For some people, like me, it works. For others, like yourself, it doesn’t.
    Lee evolves in one season, while kenny has 2, and clem now has 4, and that’s essentially it for character growth. The excessive death does still fit in the over-arching theme of clem trying to make something work but the world around her not allowing it to happen. Which is why there never is a group that sticks out for long.

Maybe. However I view it more as just laziness on TellTale's part and I think is an indication of them just wanting to churn these games out

• I don't think so. A lot of people have said that The Whisperers died off at this point in the timeline. It's likely someone who just borrowed their same survival methods.

• Yeah. If you read the comics, you would know that the Whisperers have been wiped out.

ralo229 posted: »

I don't think so. A lot of people have said that The Whisperers died off at this point in the timeline. It's likely someone who just borrowed their same survival methods.

• People dressed as Walkers. Everyone's been complaining for years now that Walkers auren't a threat anymore, but it's not just their camoflauge that makes them threatening, it's the fact that they can use walkers to kill people - walkers are their ammunition. They can send herds in certain directions. Imagine looking at a herd of walkers but knowing that in that herd lies several intelligent humans. Not only can you no longer ignore the walkers, but if you shoot them to prevent them from getting close, you'll draw attention to yourself.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Can someone explain to me who these "Whisperer" fucks are?

• Makes no sense, you have to cover yourself in their guts to hide the scent and these people just put on a mask?

Ghetsis posted: »

People dressed as Walkers. Everyone's been complaining for years now that Walkers auren't a threat anymore, but it's not just their camoflau

• No, they do both. D'uh! So that humans won't notice them unless extremely close.

Jayroen posted: »

Makes no sense, you have to cover yourself in their guts to hide the scent and these people just put on a mask?

• edited September 2018

Didn't he also say that nothing can surpass the comic-timeline?

Which ultimately happened anyway.

It isn't the games or books place to bring back old comic storylines that the people who faithfully read the comic every month wouldn't know

• I don't recall him ever saying that it couldn't surpass the comic timeline. In regards to what people are saying about the Michonne game and how Kirkman incorporated that into the comic we need to remember that Kirkman had started writing out Michonne's story himself but decided there wasn't enough going on to make it exciting to comic readers and that is when he chose to do the timeskip. There is a good chance TellTale just incorporated what Kirkman had already done and made a game of it. I think there is a very good chance Kirkman is the one that decided on the name of Elodie.

GSSalvador posted: »

Didn't he also say that nothing can surpass the comic-timeline? Which ultimately happened anyway.

• Whisperers make sense. Does anyone know of this easter egg in TWD S3E5?

Also, I'm pretty sure the trailer for E2 strongly hints at Abel still being alive despite if some players pushed him out the window with walkers. But notice how you never see him get bitten? Interesting.

• The Whisperers have been entirely wiped out a good 4 years before TFS takes place so it's likely they're extinct and even of they weren't I don't get how them appearing would add to the story.

• Even though I've just played Suffer The Children, now I can say how it might add to the story. Because every bit of survival techniques Clem has in her arsenal, then the higher her survival rate will be and to teach AJ how to better defend himself and maneuver more efficiently a lot better than when she was younger and relied so heavily on Lee and others.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.