Let's make our own company

So guys, if you're like me, you're bursting at the seams with the news that Telltale is closing down. Which means we won't have any more games again...

Well, what if we made our own? I'm serious. I have several usable skills. I'd like to think I'm a good writer, I have a Bachelor's degree in Music composition, and most importantly I have the drive. I just have no idea how to code. I just want to know if anyone else would be up for starting something up.

We might never make anything as good as Telltale did, but we can try.

Comments

• I can voice act, I can I’m itate Pennywise the dancing clown...(Tim Curry) version of course.

• Every bit helps!

I can voice act, I can I’m itate Pennywise the dancing clown...(Tim Curry) version of course.

• True, I’m so sad this has to come to this, dose this mean the website will shutdown too!!?

• I have no talents. So I'll be CEO! ;)

• Probably. I think we have a little while though.

True, I’m so sad this has to come to this, dose this mean the website will shutdown too!!?

• I’m so going too miss this Company , I don’t know what to say I feel like I’m in a coma and can’t wake up from this dream...but it’s to real!?

• Slow your roll, there, Mr. Bruner. We can't let history go and repeat itself. :neutral:

Onmens posted: »

I have no talents. So I'll be CEO!

• Oooooouch

Slow your roll, there, Mr. Bruner. We can't let history go and repeat itself.

• I’ll be Narrative Designer! If you excuse me I must be alone with my immensely complex wall charts... :p :p

• I’m desperate enough to actually support this. I have a few skills (granted, skills picked up from my business course) in marketing. Though I doubt, even with all of our funds put together, we can even buy telltale as well as produce content for it. But, like I said, desperate.

• I’m currently majoring in screenwriting and considering minoring in video game development so hmu in a few years.

• Does anyone have game dev experience? Or is willing to learn?

• On the off chance that this might actually come to something; I'm a software engineer currently on my Master's.

• Great! When we get enough people, I'll PM everyone who was interested details about setting up a group

Akibaba posted: »

On the off chance that this might actually come to something; I'm a software engineer currently on my Master's.

• welp, i can play games so i'll be a tester?

• I said it before, I’m not much of a game dev, but I’m always willing to support this if I see signs that it has potential

• With blackjack and hookers too.

And hey, if you ever need a forum moderator...

• You’ll always be our forum moderator, no matter where we may migrate to ❤️

With blackjack and hookers too. And hey, if you ever need a forum moderator...

• We should make Telltale style gaming studio. I mean I would love to be a writer for that. But I hope we do a similar style of it. I would very very much love making a Greek Mythology game with choices and stuff.

• Yeah sure, i'd try to help. I can do voice acting and if you like it then take it.

• Well I don't know if it has potential or not but I'm gonna run with it until I know for a fact it doesn't lol. I'll PM you so we can set up some sort of off-forum group for this.

Melton23 posted: »

I said it before, I’m not much of a game dev, but I’m always willing to support this if I see signs that it has potential

• I'll PM you later with details.

strwar3 posted: »

We should make Telltale style gaming studio. I mean I would love to be a writer for that. But I hope we do a similar style of it. I would very very much love making a Greek Mythology game with choices and stuff.

• I say go for it, I’ve always been ambitious. Telltale started from a splinter cell of another company and look how they turned out. Get some decent devs, build up, and one day you’ll be able to POSSIBLY buy rights to finish the final season, if it isn’t finished that is

Well I don't know if it has potential or not but I'm gonna run with it until I know for a fact it doesn't lol. I'll PM you so we can set up some sort of off-forum group for this.

• edited September 2018

What a neat idea. Well if you need a writer (been studying a lot of screenwriting as part of my degree), a VA or an editor gimme a call :tongue:

• You'd still be better than Kevin Bruner.

Onmens posted: »

I have no talents. So I'll be CEO!

• I'm a business management student, while I doubt I'm qualified to be CEO, I can certainly oversee office management and operations. I just don't have all that much knowledge or experience with the gaming industry. Despite my YouTube channel, I've never really considered myself a gamer.

• I''ll be the janitor

• That's a useful skill. While I doubt we'd ever have a physical office (since we all live across the world) someone with business skills certainly helps.

I'm a business management student, while I doubt I'm qualified to be CEO, I can certainly oversee office management and operations. I just d

• Oh fuck @janitor

Plan_R posted: »

I''ll be the janitor

• edited September 2018

Hmm interesting, did not expect to find a thread like this here, I like this hehe. I do have some talent when it comes to 3D modeling, terrain editing and etc. Dabbled in various programs such as Unreal Engine, Unity, Cryengine. I have Blender and Zbrush, though my skills are somewhat limited. I am willing to learn more though. I tried to learn programming, but didn`t get that far. I can write if need be. Really want to get Maya and Max, but those are expensive as hell when not in school or working so, yeah.

• I'm a junior in college majoring in media and film studies with a minor in creative writing. I would love NOTHING more than to be part of the next "Telltale"

I suggest we leave all our contact info in here when the forums get shut down. HMU here:

Twitter: @Autobot_Sonic
    Youtube: Autobot Sonic - The Telltale Gamer
    Xbox: Autobot Sonic
    Discord: Autobot Sonic #4374

• I'm in college right now, pursuing a double major with one of them being in film with a focus on the creative aspects of film (I've done a boatload of screenwriting work). Hmu if we are legit trying to make this come into fruition.

• I was thinking that we may not be able to make games nearly on the level that Telltale did, but we might be able to make stuff like visual novels with Telltale style choices.

• I think that's definitely a good place to start. It's not that resource intensive and it allows for a team to get some experience working together.

I was thinking that we may not be able to make games nearly on the level that Telltale did, but we might be able to make stuff like visual novels with Telltale style choices.

• edited September 2018

Aye, certainly no need to overextend ourselves when one begin. Rome wasn`t built in one day, as they say. xD

• I would love to help with the writing, even though I don’t live in the USA. I am actually thinking on persuing a writing mayor or language one

• That's fine. None of us live near each other probably. We'll do the whole thing remotely.

supersagig posted: »

I would love to help with the writing, even though I don’t live in the USA. I am actually thinking on persuing a writing mayor or language one

• Perhaps down the road this'll be an over all positive for a new company to form from Telltale's collapse.

• edited September 2018

Here's hoping. Man if we could get someone who worked at Telltale in on it... we'd be golden. Wishful thinking haha.

Chibikid posted: »

Perhaps down the road this'll be an over all positive for a new company to form from Telltale's collapse.

• This will go better actually. Anyone who is interested in this and thinks they have applicable skills go ahead and PM me your email address.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.