Let's make our own company

13»

Comments

• Eventually we'll have someone who can do that. I'm not sure if we have him yet, but once we assemble everyone from the forums who wants to help, we'll fill in the gaps of what we need.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I'll make everyone peaches-n-beans and banana flavored fruit juice~ psst @Kett Seriously though I want to see this succeed more th

• Longtime lurker from 2012 basically making my presence known. I can code in Javascript and C# to a degree (constantly refining what I know), can learn different languages if need be.

• Okay I'm glad to hear it :smiley: Just some advice from noticing other indie devs take inspiration from Telltale:

• Don't follow the episodic model, at least not at first. It's too risky for Indies and any failed promises can kill your reputation. Look up The Detail or Blues and Bullets if you want to see what I mean.

• If it's purely a storytelling adventure style you want to go with the best thing to do would be to deliberately go retro with a pixelated LucasArts aesthetic. It's fairly on the inexpensive side and it adds an indie and nostalgic charm. Plus it would allow a good story to fully carry the game.

• Create an entertaining stage presence on social media and actively respond to Youtubers and their social media. Charisma and community are much more essential to success for Indies than AAA developers. Streaming parts of game development that are light on spoilers while answering fan questions is actually a great way to do this I've noticed.

• Try to aim as low as possible with financial matters at the start. Indie developers survive purely on word of mouth so the farther and sooner you can establish and spread your brand the better, so it's best to take a snowball mentality starting out.

Not to say I don't think you know this stuff though, I just want to see this dream lift off from the ground :smile: Good luck to you guys!

Eventually we'll have someone who can do that. I'm not sure if we have him yet, but once we assemble everyone from the forums who wants to help, we'll fill in the gaps of what we need.

• Very useful. PM me your email and I'll add you to the group.

Wulfsbach posted: »

Longtime lurker from 2012 basically making my presence known. I can code in Javascript and C# to a degree (constantly refining what I know), can learn different languages if need be.

• Thanks for the advice!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Okay I'm glad to hear it Just some advice from noticing other indie devs take inspiration from Telltale: * Don't follow the episodic m

• edited September 2018

I've taken a few college courses in game design, and some more in other graphic related arts. This whole thread sounds interesting, so I support this. Ever since Walking Dead Michonne, I haven't played any TT games since they finally outpaced my Mac. But I was still sad for those employees affected about this sudden change.

So yeah, I'm open to all this. Currently job hunting for a graphic designer position, so I figured I might as well post here.

Edit: cool to find a post about all this. I heard the news and was just wondering about the diffusion of talent out of TT, wondering if any former TT employees might form their own company. Kind of how TT was originally formed, I guess.

In any case, I'll go ahead and PM you my email. Look forward to seeing where all this goes.

Does anyone have game dev experience? Or is willing to learn?

• What would our company be called

• I'm a student in graphic design and media, I can draw and design if need be.

• lol I called our group "From the Ashes" but that's just a working title

Erinour posted: »

What would our company be called

• I'll be changing my major so I can get a degree in computer animation and game development. That's if everything goes well. I also wanna take more art classes so I can become better at drawing. It really used to be my passion until HS.

AnniePannie posted: »

I'm a student in graphic design and media, I can draw and design if need be.

• I'm usually creating tattoo designs, but surely we could work out something.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I'll be changing my major so I can get a degree in computer animation and game development. That's if everything goes well. I also wanna take more art classes so I can become better at drawing. It really used to be my passion until HS.

• edited September 2018

I believe I would be a great addition to whatever team is being built straight from this forum thread. Here're some of my skills:

• 3D modelling and sculpting in general (I use Blender which is definitely my favorite tool out there)
    • Sound design (I'm actually a musician & composer at heart, but I'm into the very technical aspects of audio as well)
    • Some experience with photo-realistic rendering
    • Programming (I can rock C++ and C#)
    • Game dev; more specifically: experience with game engines and how their internals work (Telltale Tool, Unity, Unreal, ioQuake3, etc)
    • Experience with game scripting languages like LUA

The order of the list is random. If y'all are serious about this, let's all join together in a group chat in Discord or w/e. I've lowkey been waiting for an opportunity like this where I can work in a video game with a team, and not on my own doing every aspect of it. :smile:

• We've set up a Facebook group. PM me your email and I'll add you

PedroM posted: »

I believe I would be a great addition to whatever team is being built straight from this forum thread. Here're some of my skills: * 3D

Sign in to comment in this discussion.