Whos up for a class action lawsuit?

Tell tale should at least refund us all for half a season as they promised us 4 episodes and gave us NO CHOICE but to pay full price. Im pretty sure they KNEW the finacial situation was grim, no way did it pop up in the last few months! so they probably knew this season would not be completed. And to find out they are still working to help NETFLIX out and not us, the fans who paid to put them on the map......we have a good case i feel.

Comments

• good luck with that on a bankrupt company who probably has a limited liability clause or something similar

• This thought crossed my mind but until we get an official statement from Telltale on whether or not they're canceling the season I wouldn't be threatening legal action

• one person alone will be ignored, but hundreds of us at once? hard to ignore that. As far as paying the lawyers go i dont know how class actions work, do they charge us clients each or is it a collective bill? I dont know.

Lord_Shadow posted: »

This thought crossed my mind but until we get an official statement from Telltale on whether or not they're canceling the season I wouldn't be threatening legal action

• wouldnt xboxlive / psn store be liable too?

good luck with that on a bankrupt company who probably has a limited liability clause or something similar

• Like I said if its cancelled I'm on board but we need to put out an official announcement and no PSN and Xbox Live are not liable for this

ToldYouSo posted: »

one person alone will be ignored, but hundreds of us at once? hard to ignore that. As far as paying the lawyers go i dont know how class actions work, do they charge us clients each or is it a collective bill? I dont know.

• Are you really beat Telltale when they're down just for 12 bucks? Shit happens. Just be happy we didn't lose more.

• Can you even do that to something that's effectively out anyway?

• I'm sorry, but trying to sue Telltale would look a little something like this:

• Why? we have sound reson too, they will be breaking contract if they do not refund us

Findagon posted: »

I'm sorry, but trying to sue Telltale would look a little something like this:

• edited September 2018

They're going through bankruptcy which protects them against lawsuits. You'd basically get pennies out of them if anything at all. That's why bankruptcy exists: it protects the company's remaining finances while they liquidate and pay off creditors.

Why? we have sound reson too, they will be breaking contract if they do not refund us

• u have no idea what you are talking about, m8

Why? we have sound reson too, they will be breaking contract if they do not refund us

• come on what are you ranting for? it was your parents money, kids

• they could give us a free game or something, so we at least get something for our money

• you are not entitled to shit

• yes i am, i paid money for a product they are not giving us. I have a digital receipt.

you are not entitled to shit

• i dont have to know what im talking about. I/we are the wronged ones here, yeah sure its a problem, but not OUR problem that they poorley managed their money.

u have no idea what you are talking about, m8

• What the fuck are you on about, I don't know if you were playing this game for free. But me and many others paid money for a finished product, and we expect that or our money.

• Are you the CEO of telltale?

• lmao, maybe try reading up on the legal end of things instead of expecting your 15 dollars entitles you to a lawsuit that will be worth any amount of money

• say whatever you want dude. If you want to continue brown osing a company that l;ied to ur face to take your money, go ahead. leave me alone.

lmao, maybe try reading up on the legal end of things instead of expecting your 15 dollars entitles you to a lawsuit that will be worth any amount of money

• hahaha, if you think i'm brown nosing a company that ruined themselves with their own shitty management policies and business tactics then you must be drinking a stronger kool aid than people thinking donating to telltale will fix everything

• edited September 2018

why, is there a certain amount you can steal before its considered theft?
    and it's not the money, its the lie. they lied. that lie made people buy something that was never going to happen. its okay to cheat and lie to people, so long as your only taken for a small amount, is that what you're saying?

lmao, maybe try reading up on the legal end of things instead of expecting your 15 dollars entitles you to a lawsuit that will be worth any amount of money

• it generally has more to do with how much accountability a company has during certain types of bankruptcies; I'm not sure if Telltale is a LLC but that would complicate the issue further. really at the end of the day, once everything is said and done there will be no money for telltale to give back in a lawsuit or otherwise unless you think massive amount of legal fees are worth pennies and a peace of mind.

cglen posted: »

why, is there a certain amount you can steal before its considered theft? and it's not the money, its the lie. they lied. that lie made peo

• ToldYouSoToldYouSo Banned
    edited September 2018

answer me this, why was the final season the ONLY TT game we had to pay full price for? 6 years of bringing them out in a pay per episode format, then out of blue with no prior warning, they charge us full price?

tell me that dont smell fishy to even your shitty brown nose?

you talk about accountability, they KNEW they were going under, they had to have known.

it generally has more to do with how much accountability a company has during certain types of bankruptcies; I'm not sure if Telltale is a L

• look, i dont think a lawsuit is going to happen. but the thing is, we are entitled to a refund, whether they have the cash at hand or not.
    this is serious, and it sets a bad precedent.
    so let us vent. stop acting like this is anything more than pissed and upset people venting, Pharmacy Smug.

it generally has more to do with how much accountability a company has during certain types of bankruptcies; I'm not sure if Telltale is a L

• oh they definitely knew. that was never in question. upper management knew their plan to restructure wasn't panning out.

also very weak troll effort; i've seen way better in my years online. brownosing a company i'm going "good riddance" too, my lord people really are this stupid and infantile.

• Speak for yourself.

tohajiilee posted: »

come on what are you ranting for? it was your parents money, kids

• if the venting is logically unsound and inane it will be pointed out it is logically unsound and inane. if you want to whine in an echo chamber a public forum is not the place. maybe try a private forum or a discord.

look, i dont think a lawsuit is going to happen. but the thing is, we are entitled to a refund, whether they have the cash at hand or not.

• we cant all be law experts like you.

oh they definitely knew. that was never in question. upper management knew their plan to restructure wasn't panning out. also very weak t

• stop acting like your this 'over it' voice of reason, your just one more echo in the chamber yourself. now, lets not clog up the forum, prove your the bigger person and hush, smug.

if the venting is logically unsound and inane it will be pointed out it is logically unsound and inane. if you want to whine in an echo chamber a public forum is not the place. maybe try a private forum or a discord.

• a little research into the most basic things tends to be what intelligent adults do

• see, you're as petty as everyone else.

a little research into the most basic things tends to be what intelligent adults do

• I don’t want a law suit just give me fucking 12 dollars

• i never said i wasn't smug and/or petty

see, you're as petty as everyone else.

• no, you're just a law expert.

i never said i wasn't smug and/or petty

• not even. i just did what normal, well-adjusted adults do. read, research, and comprehend. it's not that difficult if you want to rule out something as a possibility. but i guess we can't all just use ad hominems and call people smug as if that is a well-composed thought.

no, you're just a law expert.

• dude, get over yourself. your pompousness is showing.

not even. i just did what normal, well-adjusted adults do. read, research, and comprehend. it's not that difficult if you want to rule out s

• edited September 2018

oooh cool! disingenuous, banal name-calling! what's next?! are you going to call me "a pretentious"?! i love this game!

anyway, as much as SUPER FUN this game would be, as an adult i have shit to do on a saturday, so i'll [not] catch you later. enjoy reeeeeing in a vacuum.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.