The Walking Dead Game Season 4 Lead Designer confirms Anonymous Ex-Telltale AMA is fake, info inside

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

Whoever that was has no idea what they’re talking about in regards to the latter two episodes. We weren’t “brought into conference rooms in teams” - that happened during the first round of layoffs.

Episode 3 is almost done but nowhere shippable, episode 4 script is done but we weren’t set to put artists onto it until the next week or so. “Spring and Summer” my ass.

Hey, “anonymous employee”, I’m Michael Kirkbride, former Lead Season Designer of WD4, and it’d be really cool if you, you know, lie to people.

-MKirkbride on reddit

Edit:

FURTHER INFORMATION

MKirkbride posted in a thread literally titled "We will not get episode Episode 3 and 4. Confirmed." on reddit. He did not attempt to dispute the claims made in the title. When questioned his credibility, he was able to verify his identity (face shown and name in credits). There is no reason to doubt what this man says is true. He is the only confirmed speaker we have until Telltale officially makes a statement (presumably) Monday.

What we can gather from this is that it is a fact episode 3 is not in a state ready to be shipped, episode 4 is not far along development, and that there is nobody left at Telltale to finish the game. These are statements he made himself. Check his post history. It is possible the game could be picked up and continued by another company such as skybound, but reality is looking grim..

Here is the thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWalkingDeadGame/comments/9i1a9w/we_will_not_get_episode_3_or_4_confirmed/

Comments

• this is like a horror show,imagine working in a place like that?

• I know nothing of Anonymous Ex-Telltale AMA, what does this thread mean?

• An 'anonymous telltale employee' posted a thread on reddit how basically episodes 3 and 4 were almost finished and that he was sure the skeleton crew could finish it up relatively soon. Turned out to be a hoax by presumably a smaller dev in the company who knew little information of the actual status of the project.

ToldYouSo posted: »

I know nothing of Anonymous Ex-Telltale AMA, what does this thread mean?

• If ep 3 is almost done we might get it then ... or not... we are fucked anyways

• that would probably be worse tbh, one episode away from closure

Box Tv posted: »

If ep 3 is almost done we might get it then ... or not... we are fucked anyways

• Maybe not because if episode 3 are coming maybe theres a chance that they will focus on the last episode

ToldYouSo posted: »

that would probably be worse tbh, one episode away from closure

• Well, they are updating things about episode 3 on steam's system, so I don't know....

• how do you find that mate?

• Really? How do you know? Do you have a link perhaps

bluewalker posted: »

Well, they are updating things about episode 3 on steam's system, so I don't know....

• https://steamdb.info/app/866800/history/
    Last change was 8 hours ago about ep3.

Really? How do you know? Do you have a link perhaps

• What things they're updating?

Well, they are updating things about episode 3 on steam's system, so I don't know....

• If they have the money and resources to do it, they could combine EP3&4 into one combined episode to release.

• 0.0 didnt think of that?!

• well shit

• Yep! Don't lose hope, guys.

https://steamdb.info/app/866800/history/ Last change was 8 hours ago about ep3.

• If you look back they've been constantly updating for the past few days even before the closure! so they could be as you say have done both and fully completed the game? (just a long shot, but why update it if you're going to cancel it) do you think its a NDA and theyve got the voice actors in etc? it could be and then they announce that they've done a 3 part instead of 4 and make 3 extra long??

• That looks like gibberish to me. What am I seeing and how does it specifically pertain to episode 3?

https://steamdb.info/app/866800/history/ Last change was 8 hours ago about ep3.

• Fucking god damn praying!!!!

• branches were updated which means content was loaded to the game.

• edited September 2018

Internet, for the most part, is such a place full of trolls and braggers.
    Everyone keep saying things completely different all the time, I think it would be wiser to wait for an official statement at this point, even though I dont think we will see how Clementine will end her journey any soon, or at all.

• If u pay attention to other days, they had many other change logs in 1 day, this time only 1 change in 1 day. 2 days ago development on ep3 was going well, until yesterday's morning meeting.

Lord Vandal posted: »

If you look back they've been constantly updating for the past few days even before the closure! so they could be as you say have done both

• hmm which could mean they've finished it before the closure?

• sigh

That looks like gibberish to me. What am I seeing and how does it specifically pertain to episode 3?

• they've done some changes today maybe implemented it and finished it and combined them into one episode?

• edited September 2018

deleted

• Geez, can you guys let us keep some hope? Please? Thank you. Not being naive, but negativity won't take us anywhere either.

• If u guys look at depots it confirms that QA testing still takes place.

• MKirkbride posted in a thread literally titled "We will not get episode Episode 3 and 4. Confirmed." on reddit. He did not attempt to dispute the claims made in the title. When questioned his credibility, he was able to verify his identity (face shown and name in credits). There is no reason to doubt what this man says is true. He is the only confirmed speaker we have until Telltale officially makes a statement (presumably) Monday.

What we can gather from this is that it is a fact episode 3 is not in a state ready to be shipped, episode 4 is not far along development, and that there is nobody left at Telltale to finish the game. These are statements he made himself. Check his post history. It is possible the game could be picked up and continued by another company such as skybound, but reality is looking grim..

Here is the thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWalkingDeadGame/comments/9i1a9w/we_will_not_get_episode_3_or_4_confirmed/

• Oh... Well I had no idea I could hover over parts of it to get tooltips. Thanks.

sigh

• prolly an update to thank all board members and partners at the credits

sigh

• but the branch says /trainstation

• I dont think the build version would've changed that much for a text edit. Plus they would've changed the "Text" branch if it was credits, I think.

Clemmy1 posted: »

prolly an update to thank all board members and partners at the credits

• Yeah, Kirikbride is real. He wrote all the lore for the Elder Scrolls games back in the day and you can see on his reddit profile, that he still reguarly posts on the TESLore subreddit.

ladypocky posted: »

MKirkbride posted in a thread literally titled "We will not get episode Episode 3 and 4. Confirmed." on reddit. He did not attempt to disput

• That's what I'm thinking. Also, the interface for the main menu will probably get updated to only show Episode 1 and 2, and to remove some achievements from the full game. At the end, a message will probably be shown or something, with Telltale apologizing for not being able to refund if that happens, and for not being able to ever end Clem's ending.

Clemmy1 posted: »

prolly an update to thank all board members and partners at the credits

• yeah that's a huge leap in build number. So my speculation could be correct..theyve merged 2 episodes together? or theyve had time (previous knowledge and changed the episode, hence why lilly's voice actor was pissed about waiting all this time and now the game getting cancelled (like she didnt have chance to do any voice work?)

• Oh God, I used to think that I didn't have anxiety issues...

• edited September 2018

Here's the branches explanations.

Lord Vandal posted: »

but the branch says /trainstation

• Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck!!!!!

• Doesn't this mean that we will be getting it tho? Why would they update it if we wouldn't?

I dont think the build version would've changed that much for a text edit. Plus they would've changed the "Text" branch if it was credits, I think.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.