The Walking Dead Game Season 4 Lead Designer confirms Anonymous Ex-Telltale AMA is fake, info inside

2»

Comments

• MK is very real and forthcoming when it comes to these things. Known him since Morrowind.

Yep, it's over boys.

• I don't know for sure, that's why we gotta watch out if any other change takes place today, or in the next days.

Doesn't this mean that we will be getting it tho? Why would they update it if we wouldn't?

• QA Testing see what i mean...theyve had a major push (like knowledge of the closure and they've put man power on it suddenly as of today 22nd!! look at the dates, a day after the announced closure of telltale and aledged cancellation, why work on it if its a cancelled game (sorry just fucked excited)

• edited September 2018

I don't know what to think anymore...

• The fact that Melissa Hutchison is staying quiet about this gives me a weird feeling, as if they told her not to tweet in case they got TFS up and running again. Probably nothing to look into, but its a bit interesting to me.

• She’s probably just as confused as us and won’t say anything until Telltale confirms something.

The fact that Melissa Hutchison is staying quiet about this gives me a weird feeling, as if they told her not to tweet in case they got TFS up and running again. Probably nothing to look into, but its a bit interesting to me.

• Probably, but who knows.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

She’s probably just as confused as us and won’t say anything until Telltale confirms something.

• edited September 2018

She probably feels like shit, and doesn't want to say anything.

She had to deal with a 3rd season that tried to cut her out of the series, and then she finds out they're making a new one, but it's the last one, and then while working on it, the company it's made by closes down and her final season doesn't even get to finish.

She probably just wants to be left alone.

The fact that Melissa Hutchison is staying quiet about this gives me a weird feeling, as if they told her not to tweet in case they got TFS up and running again. Probably nothing to look into, but its a bit interesting to me.

• edited September 2018

This is gonna sound wack af but what if they’re just splitting episodes 1 and 2 into 4 episodes (so cutting episode 1 and 2 in half) so they can technically say it was 4 episodes to avoid legal trouble.

Here's the branches explanations.

• Unfortunately it makes sense.

This is gonna sound wack af but what if they’re just splitting episodes 1 and 2 into 4 episodes (so cutting episode 1 and 2 in half) so they can technically say it was 4 episodes to avoid legal trouble.

• Cutting the episodes already made to 'technically' qualify as four episodes would be insulting and sounds like a legal loophole. I'd rather we get episode 2 as is with episode 3 and 4 unreleased. It would be a more respectable way for the company to go out.

• The steamdb seems active though so we can all but do is pray!!

• Cutting the episodes already made to 'technically' qualify as four episodes would be insulting and sounds like a legal loophole.

It is a legal loophole, that’s the point.

I'd rather we get episode 2 as is with episode 3 and 4 unreleased. It would be a more respectable way for the company to go out.

So would I.

ladypocky posted: »

Cutting the episodes already made to 'technically' qualify as four episodes would be insulting and sounds like a legal loophole. I'd rather

• seems like they're shortening to a 3 episode instead of 4..(would be my educated guess due to activity)

• I hope we still the final season with episodes 3&4. Pls let it happen.

Lord Vandal posted: »

The steamdb seems active though so we can all but do is pray!!

• They could literally slap off a "A few days later..." near end of ep2, and use a "finished" scene of ep4's ending.

seems like they're shortening to a 3 episode instead of 4..(would be my educated guess due to activity)

• Praise Vivec.

Pride posted: »

MK is very real and forthcoming when it comes to these things. Known him since Morrowind. Yep, it's over boys.

• hmm didnt think of that :s

• edited September 2018

I just saw the tweet from the people from LiS twitter to Telltale and I'm crying.

• I would be honestly fine if they decided to wrap it up in three episodes instead of four. I really want to see this series conclude in some format. They must be tinkering with something. I only hope its something good and not a heartfelt apology in the credits.

• still nothing on the news section of the site, wouldn't you think they'd bloody update something, anything!

• edited September 2018

Most of the telltale staff (including community managers, presumably) have been fired. There is nobody here but ex-devs and volunteers who don't have the call to make official statements. Even then, it's the weekend. We probably wont hear word officially until Monday. Telltale twitter said news is coming in a few weeks. They need time to decide what direction to take the company, now that it is bankrupt.

Edit: company isnt bankrupt

still nothing on the news section of the site, wouldn't you think they'd bloody update something, anything!

• read on twitter via mike futter that the company isnt bankrupt..we've been misinformed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.