Will you still play episode 2 knowing you might be left on a permanent cliff hanger?

I just heard the news and have been away for a while. I normally try to look on the bright side of things but this whole situation is something else. That being said, will you still play episode 2 knowing that it might very possibly be the last episode in the series? I’m torn. My jimmies were rustled when I had to wait a whole year to find out who Negan killed. I can’t imagine waiting for a conclusion to Clem’s story that might never happen. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Nope. I'm sorry, but TFS has been completely soured for me.

• I gotta. I can't leave something unfinished even if the game devs themselves will. It'd bother me.

It will be a bitter experience, but I gotta do it.

• I don't know right now. I want to but at the same time i don't.

• I will finish, what I started.

• I need to see Lilly again. I'll play episode 2 no matter what.

• I'm more inclined not to at the moment. I will wait until an official statement whether this season has been truly given the ax or not.

• I have to play it. I owe it to Clementine to play the last episode, even if it wasn’t meant to be the last episode.

• Who the hell wouldn’t want to play it? That’s stupid. By that logic people wouldn’t want to play Episode 4 because it would be the end of Clementine.
    So many people worked so hard only to get fired, what kind of message would we be sending if we don’t honor the last work of over 200 employees?

• Yeah, I will. I just want to interact with Lilly again.

• I still dont know yet, probably not. I will wait till I realize what happened. I think I will finish my S1/S2/S3 marathon first, then I will go back to Shadow of the Tomb Raider just to complete the few achievements I need to unlock.

• I definitely will play it, its probably the last episode we get from Telltale.

• edited September 2018

Hell yes. If I dont play ep2 because it will be the last ep and the story won’t be concluded, still episode 1 will be the last one and without conclusion, so not playing it is pointless.
    There is no win situation lol I just can’t not play it.

• Guys the final season isn't happening, the actor who plays Clem just confirmed it, here is proof

https://twitter.com/Melyhutch?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

• The great thing in my case is that I haven’t played this or New Frontier yet. Far as I know Clementine and Jane are doing alright back in Carvers old place with wee AJ and that nice family aren’t going to cause any problem... works as an ending for me! :p

• I made the right decision not buying this game. Was planning to but looks like I made the right call. I'm very sorry for people who wasted 20$ on it.

• I literally made a thread of this couple of hours ago but I'll repeat what I said there...no because playing it now will make me more depressed that whatever I will see in ep 2 I know that it won't reach its full potential and have a conclusion which bugs me the fuck out.

• I will wait until confirmation.. if they cancel.. then no

• I really believe and I hope they release the 3rd and 4th ep in order to finish the series twd, but of course I will play 2 without a doubt

• Of course I'm playing it, it might be the last Walking Dead thing to look forward to, among other reasons

• Yes. Cliffhanger or not, I'll play it.

• I was looking forward to this the most. Well, at least we know she’s still alive.

Pipas posted: »

Yeah, I will. I just want to interact with Lilly again.

• I feel it would be dishonorable to the 250 who lost their jobs working on this. I want as much Clem as I can get before I say goodbye forever. After all Lee did teach us how to say goodbye.

• Perhaps at some point the final season will be picked up by another studio and redone or fully released on better terms with a fitting budget and staff.

Even if Telltale finishes the season, it won't be anywhere what it should or have the justice its due done properly.

• edited September 2018

i'm so far up telltale's (now dead) ass that this was never a question for me. i'm gonna gobble that shit up st. johns-style

• I wanna say no, but knowing myself, I probably will.

• I have to play it. It's the last episode ever as we know it and I'll be happy that we got this far with these characters. I am devastated episodes 3 & 4 won't be coming out by it's the best we got

• I will probably play it, since we might as well since we did pay for it.

But not getting an Episode three does hurt, I know how it feels... I've been waiting like almost 11 years for another episode 3 and I think we all know what game that is!

• edited September 2018

absolutely. i'm still excited to see lilly after all these years, and i'm just too invested in general to not let myself.

• Same, I’m doing this for Lilly.

bluewalker posted: »

I need to see Lilly again. I'll play episode 2 no matter what.

• Yeah :/ i wanna see the romance paths

• probably not I'm gonna wait until official word then I'm begging steam for a refund

• Telltale fans: You’re eating an UNFINISHED GAME!
    Me: Settle down, these employees have offered you another great episode!

yxerin posted: »

i'm so far up telltale's (now dead) ass that this was never a question for me. i'm gonna gobble that shit up st. johns-style

• Yes, I've been a fan since the beginning. I've made so many great friends and memories to let it end badly for me. I'm going to enjoy episode 2 and savor every moment, even if I know that we probably won't get a proper conclusion.

• I was about to drop that quote for Telltale's perspective: they have to finish what they started. We've been through 4 seasons, amazing story, and now giving up half way through TFS is just simply a nightmare to me. I know it's not as easy as I might seem to suggest to be, but I think it's achievable with hope and help from fans.

Findagon posted: »

I will finish, what I started.

• Definitely, I don't care if it's a cliff-hanger.

• Honestly, she's one of the main reasons I bought this season. Her appearance was pretty much the only thing I got spoiled in the leaks. I was so looking forward to it.

sigh

rando100 posted: »

I was looking forward to this the most. Well, at least we know she’s still alive.

• edited September 2018

It's my favorite game, of course I will... I just don't really look forward to it since it will be the most bitter episode I will ever play. No matter what happens or how amazing it is, the thought that I won't know how Clementine's story ends will destroy everything.

• I will play it. It doesn't really matter if the series ends with the Done Running cliffhanger or with the Suffer the Children cliffhanger.

• Either way it's gonna be left on a cliffhanger, either the episode 1 cliffhanger ending, or the episode 2 cliffhanger ending. You just pick which you'd rather have.

• Talented people have worked for episode 2. It doesn't seem fair not to appreciate the work that has been put into this just because of telltale's situation.

Either way we're still getting a cliffhanger son. Might as well play episode 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.