Contractual obligations, if fulfilled, could allow funds to complete TWD -Mike Futter, CEO contact

Comments

• That's some wishful thinking, but pass me a slice of that optimism.

Possibly, though it might well have been nullified when they were fired. I have wondered if the apparent three hour window that developer me

• The script is already done, all they need are VAs and Animation telltale tool people

• Actually, most of the work was done. It's like if the skeleton crew were to do Episode 3, which is half-done. Oh...

donmike84 posted: »

A skeleton crew of 10 people worked on tales from the borderlands and that was a masterpiece but that skeleton crew had funding we will just have to wait and see

• edited September 2018

Way more than 10 people worked on Tales from the Borderlands. It was a full production like any other Telltale title.

donmike84 posted: »

A skeleton crew of 10 people worked on tales from the borderlands and that was a masterpiece but that skeleton crew had funding we will just have to wait and see

• I think we should at the very least give it a chance. If it can finish the Walking Dead, then that is a light of hope.

SaveClementine!

• I think they meant episode 5 specifically only had a handful working on it. I've seen a varying range of numbers, from 5 to 15.

Way more than 10 people worked on Tales from the Borderlands. It was a full production like any other Telltale title.

• Welp at least it has hope now...even if it's anf quality like I don't care I want closure....

• Still hope...

Honestly, I just wish to play the game. As long it is playable, I'm fine. Of course, the vision will change with the original team gone, but the script which is the soul of a game (and movie too) and also the most important thing (at least for me) is done so the rest doesn't matter how much for me.

• Gut feeling tells me episode 3 and 4 are still coming albeit a later date.

• He's talking about episode 5 specifically.

• I think so too.

Jayroen posted: »

Gut feeling tells me episode 3 and 4 are still coming albeit a later date.

• Gut feeling

feeling

That doesn't sound too rational, mr logic man

Jayroen posted: »

Gut feeling tells me episode 3 and 4 are still coming albeit a later date.

• All of us be like

ladypocky posted: »

Hope vs. No Hope is the most polarized choice Telltale has given us since Kenny vs Jane

• Like a staff alumni said on twitter, creative teams aren't interchangeable cogs. The vision will be diluted no matter how much hope you have left.

Well I’d rather have different developers finish it even if it gets “diluted”. Better then getting fucking nothing. The whole script is done as well, so it wouldn’t be that bad if different developers finished it as long as they don’t change the original script. It’s not like TTs TWD has ever not been diluted, do you not remember ANF. I’d rather have some other developers at least try then get nothing.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

"Maybe we'll see Telltale rise from it's hospital bed for one last hurrah after a- The dev team is history, there is no getting aroun

• The "vision will be diluted" argument doesnt sit well with me. The script is written. The main character model assets are made. The aesthetic has already been chosen. Assuming the new team is able to replicate the visual style (and they should, theyre paid professionals), there should be no major difference in quality. Competent animators and cinematic designers should be able to make the game just fine. It wouldn't be the exact version the previous team made, no, but that does not make the product bad. Just different in presentation.

• edited September 2018

At this rate, I'll wait it out, I'll also play EP 2 and hopefully(with precaution) wait on the news about TT and TFS and there other projects (that's if they get any), I do believe Netflix will pay them a good (lump sum) of £££$$$ to be fair, then TT needs to find over ways of rebuilding their revenue (if they can, honestly). Honestly, I think they can get some of the old crew back, it really depends on how things go, we'll have to wait and see for the moment.

• Plus, at this point in time, Telltale is "contractually" obligated to finish TWD due to the fact that they sold it as a season pass to the fans. Which means, they should have taken a large portion of those funds and put them away because the product being sold wasn't a fully completed project. Financially speaking anyway, that is what they should have done, as to what they have actually done...obviously I can't answer that.

Right now though, I think it's best if we wait to see what updates we get in the next couple of weeks. Speculating and over thinking it is just going to make it worse on all of us and at the very least, as fans our only problem is whether or not we get a completed game we've all been waiting for as opposed to now having to look for a new job without any severance or warning.

• I agree that there won't be this great quality drop-off, but they definitely won't have the same feel just because of the circumstances surrounding them

The "vision will be diluted" argument doesnt sit well with me. The script is written. The main character model assets are made. The aestheti

• If that ends up being the case I will take back everything I've ever said about Minecraft

GSSalvador posted: »

Everyone says Minecraft killed TWD. Plottwist: Minecraft could actually save TWD. I'd like that.

• Hi guys,
    I subscribed only now, because of the facts happened recently, because I need to say my opinion.

The words of Mike Futter sounds to me "too good to be real", when all the former team left.
    However, instead of pessimism, I hope Season4 will be completed. I really loved the TWD series, its fans deserve it.

I played (and loved) TWD series from the first day; however I bought TFS only 2 days ago, no matter if it will not be completed, because my money is a "gift" for them to try the impossible: to complete it.
    People moaning about "I paid for 4 episodes and playing one or two" and asking for a refund, simply isn't helping now.
    I think TTG now needs fresh cash, to complete some tasks and avoid a complete black hole.
    Are you in?

• Imagine how much money the company who saves this game would get. They have SO MUCH incentive to finish episodes 3 & 4 that it's a mistake to never conclude this game properly

• Imagine how much money the company who saves this game would get

You mean a net loss?

Imagine how much money the company who saves this game would get. They have SO MUCH incentive to finish episodes 3 & 4 that it's a mistake to never conclude this game properly

• What does it matter what terminology I use? You know what I'm talking about regardless if I use the exact term or not. Quit being a jackass

Imagine how much money the company who saves this game would get You mean a net loss?

• edited September 2018

The dev team is history, there is no getting around that. Like a staff alumni said on twitter, creative teams aren't interchangeable cogs. The vision will be diluted no matter how much hope you have left.

So why are you so hellbent on snuffing out the last flickering candlelight of hope we have left if all of our efforts don't even matter? Seems a little trollish to me.

"Maybe we'll see Telltale rise from it's hospital bed for one last hurrah after a- The dev team is history, there is no getting aroun

• It doesn't matter the terminology. All games outside Minecraft and season 1 of TWD sold at a loss. A company buying the rights would not be profitable. It would be a generous donation. There is little incentive to buy it outside of kindness or, in Skybound's case, genuine care for closure for Clementine.

What does it matter what terminology I use? You know what I'm talking about regardless if I use the exact term or not. Quit being a jackass

• edited September 2018

Where the hell did you come to that conclusion from? They were fired, plain and simple. Telltale can't sustain 250 people, and the only reason the skeleton crew didn't get fired is that Netflix is helping them out until they finish Minecraft.

After they finish Minecraft, the skeleton crew will be fired as well. There was no "secret" agreement between TT and some of the employees, because what the hell would be the point? They wouldn't have been let go if that were the case.

Possibly, though it might well have been nullified when they were fired. I have wondered if the apparent three hour window that developer me

• The fact that Minecraft was literally the only other property they had that actually made money is hilarious to me because of how many people complain about it.

GSSalvador posted: »

Everyone says Minecraft killed TWD. Plottwist: Minecraft could actually save TWD. I'd like that.

• With what money would they pay people with? Who would want to work at a dying company (unless they legally have to) anyways? Yes, the script is done, but the game is not. Telltale is done and once the skeleton crew finishes Minecraft, so are they.

xGbHx posted: »

The script is already done, all they need are VAs and Animation telltale tool people

• I was trolling a little bit at the start which probably leaked into the rest of the post without me intending it, but it's still true. This isn't some group of passionate underdog storytellers fighting against financial burdens and corrupt higher ups anymore, this is a literal skeleton of a company. This collapse is going to be felt in the game somehow, which is why I said diluted; it won't be the same fire it was at the start because resources and the original talent have fallen through. I'm sorry if I'm being rude but I'm pointing out that the flame is dying, I have no part in if it gets snuffed out.

If it saves the ship then great, I hate when people say all hope is lost over the smallest inconveniences, but not when the ship is undeniably crumbling. Telltale is a great game developer, but it's clearly a shell now, that's going to be felt in the future episodes. Maybe Netflix will shell out more cash than it needs to out of sympathy but I don't believe we should expect them to, OP themself said it's not guaranteed to begin with. I'm certain corners are going to be cut in the following episodes even if the original vision stays relatively the same.

The dev team is history, there is no getting around that. Like a staff alumni said on twitter, creative teams aren't interchangeable cogs. T

• Bloody Jesus update walking dead is going to be finished!!! Get in there!!!

• Twitter comment from telltale!!!

• edited September 2018

Looks like that "dying flame" just got some motherf#%#in' gasoline thrown on it.

I was trolling a little bit at the start which probably leaked into the rest of the post without me intending it, but it's still true. This

• You know, I'm glad it did. I'm not out to see Telltale crash and burn. Walking Dead just deserves to go out strong, and yeah now there's hope that these partners will help see to that.

Looks like that "dying flame" just got some motherf#%#in' gasoline thrown on it.

• "Quit being a jackass"

Even if the forums are presumably closing down at whatever point, being rude like that is not necessary.

What does it matter what terminology I use? You know what I'm talking about regardless if I use the exact term or not. Quit being a jackass

• Sorry King. He ticked me off. I'm in a much better mood now :D

"Quit being a jackass" Even if the forums are presumably closing down at whatever point, being rude like that is not necessary.

• Trust me. We are still going up!

bluewalker posted: »

You guys, I'm feeling like I'm on a rollercoaster and seems like today we are on a high spot, but tomorrow... who knows?

• It's better to hope and be dissatisfied than dismiss it.

Tewudin posted: »

Meh, I hate people giving out false hope. The best thing this guy could do right now is to just shut up.

• The whole thread is about if they do their Minecraft thing they might have enough money

Megaodg33 posted: »

With what money would they pay people with? Who would want to work at a dying company (unless they legally have to) anyways? Yes, the script is done, but the game is not. Telltale is done and once the skeleton crew finishes Minecraft, so are they.

• I prefer to instead preprae for the worse. It's bette in the long run.

It's better to hope and be dissatisfied than dismiss it.

• Oh whats that, sounds like my gut feeling might be right, mr intuition man.

Gut feeling feeling That doesn't sound too rational, mr logic man

Sign in to comment in this discussion.