The Walking Dead: The Final Season Episode 2 Discussion

Didn’t see one yet so I went on ahead and made one.

Comments

• I watched some of it because I wanted to see Lily. Wasn't disappointed.

• edited September 2018

Mitch fucking died. Their was a kiss Louis option but I didn’t pick it because I personally felt Clem should take her time. And I totally called that “Save Louis or Violet” choice. Lily wasn’t in the episode as much as I expected. Sense my Lee was nice to her she kinda acted a bit more nice to me you can even say “we were a family once” and she gets sad. I’m guessing if you were a dick to her in S1 things probably go differently. And now we have Abel captured, can’t wait to toture this fucker, I honestly think he’ll beat Arvo in terms of being a complete shit. Almost forgot about James, I completely trusted him. I don’t exactly know what their doing with his character though, they’ll most likely build him up more in ep 3. We also got another card game which was fun. Overall really solid episode, the last choice will most definitely make playthroughs diffrent for episode 3.

• Well Mitch went from cool to asshole to cool again to ded

Mitch fucking died. Their was a kiss Louis option but I didn’t pick it because I personally felt Clem should take her time. And I totally ca

• I was surprised when he died. I understand why everyone kinda hated us, most people there new Marlon for years.

MrGraffio posted: »

Well Mitch went from cool to asshole to cool again to ded

• Also does Aasim and Omar always get captured along with whoever you didn’t save (Violet or Louis)?

• yea he got fucked...he deserved more...

I was surprised when he died. I understand why everyone kinda hated us, most people there new Marlon for years.

• Great episode. I loved the character development for the school group, although I wish Omar was fleshed out a little bit more. Aasim and Omar were captured for me, so I'm assuming that happens no matter what. I hope the remaining two episodes can be completed by the team somehow...

• Fuckin' loved it. Alvin saying I love you just warmed my heart, and the I got with Violet was really cute.

If there is an episode 3 (I hope to God there is), I can't wait to beat the shit out of Abel. The look on his face when the kids surrounded him was priceless! Lilly's first appearance sent chills down my spine. Her VA did a great job with her. It was cool to bond with Ruby and Mitch but I wish we also got to spend more time with Omar and Aasim before they got taken.

I felt there were some pacing issues though, and the time skip felt a bit awkward because of the repeating animations. Nice idea but they should have had more variety with it, maybe have us see a couple characters talking to Clem in her room or something. The bow, while cool to see, did not feel great. It just felt too light. I would have liked it if the 'reload' animation wasn't as quick and if there were some feedback whenever you fired a bow.

• Did you save Louis or Violet.

Great episode. I loved the character development for the school group, although I wish Omar was fleshed out a little bit more. Aasim and Oma

• Oh yea I also fucking hate how Clem’s nightmare didn’t explain jack shit. Like they hyped it up in the trailer and we still know literally nothing.

• It will be explained over the course of the next two episodes...if there will be

Oh yea I also fucking hate how Clem’s nightmare didn’t explain jack shit. Like they hyped it up in the trailer and we still know literally nothing.

• if there will be

That’s what I’m worried about...

It will be explained over the course of the next two episodes...if there will be

• My first playthrough has Louis being my love interest, so I saved him. I'm going to start a second playthrough and side with Violet next. Those two could be a good people ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Did you save Louis or Violet.

• The episode was so good...I want more

• What a great fucking episode man, I just want ep3 and ep4 to be released so much right now.

• WILLY PUNCHING AASIM WAS FUCKING BADASS

• WILLY MASTER RACE

• AJ is still the best character

• edited September 2018

Lord have mercy this episode was fantastic. From start to finish it gave me so many emotions. I started playing at 12:30 and I just now finished.

This episode is extremely long as they give you PLENTY of opportunities to explore. Took just a little bit over 2 hours to complete. You can tell they really listened to the fans. Almost to a fault even. At times I found myself saying "Wow, I'm exploring again? Didn't I just do this?"

The characters get even more of a chance to shine this time around. The cult favorites Louis and Violet have ALOT to say, and their actions in this episode should definitely give people who were skeptical or put off by their attitudes a reason to feel better about them. Even characters like Ruby and Aasim are given more characterization. I fully expected fallout among the group, and while there was bickering, it wasn't like Season 2 bickering, which is what I totally expected. Bridges that people thought were burnt, were mended. Grudges you thought would be held, weren't. These have got to be the most wholesome and mature group of people Clem has ever been around. And I really friggin mean that. The only one that even stued on the matter for an extended period of time was Mitch, and even HE came around.

Lilly was the one that everyone, rightfully so was scared about, and I can see people having some issues with her if they're looking for all of Lee's choices to reflect in her actions, but life just doesn't work that way. Truth be told, she is exactly how I expected her to be and I loved it. She's hardened with time, but a heart IS there (I can see anyone reading this come at me saying "She murdered, she doesn't have a heart. Fuck her." But she really does. She's still easily as compelling as she was back in Season 1 and Act 3 of this episode put her under pressure and how she'd respond to it. She does things off instinct like AJ and reacts accordingly. What does Lilly do when her hand is forced?

AJ was something I was really curious about going in and this episode nailed the aftermath of his decision. He's confused. He's looking for answers. When he gets them, things don't work out and he's even more confused afterward. He just wants to be loved by the ones he calls friends and family and it shows in this episode. Plus, he has some funny ass dialogue if you choose something before shit hits the fan in Act 3.

As for the motivation behind the attack. It's whatever honestly. It's nothing new or groundbreaking. "Adults are bad" is basically what it boils down to. But that's fine because it formulates a very character-driven story. I can tell this isn't a story so much about the external conflict, but about the characters and what they do within the conflict presented to them. Overall a very different feeling from ANF.

I saw reviews earlier today tell me it was all about the plot this episode, and I hated hearing that. Just wanna say that's not true at all. While there are too many characters to give screen time too, the characters we want to see, we saw them. The characters we wanted more of, we got them.

EDIT: Had so much fun with this forgot to list some of the not-so-great things, which are mostly gameplay mechanics. I liked them, but they got a bit tedious at times. Clem wouldn't move fast enough when Walkers practically sprinted at me. They tell you to hit R2 buuuuuuuut to my knowledge you have to press X. (PS4 obviously)
    Also, they said Omar was kidnapped in my game, but he actually bled out and died. They have some polishing to do, but like I said, it's not terrible.

I found one glitch in the third act when approaching Violet. It just kinda skipped mid-speech. But it was quick and didn't take me out of it. Overall, great great great episode and PLEASEEEEEEE FUCKING PLEASE give us more!! It canNOT end like this!!

TL;DR

• Did your choices appear at the end of the episode?

• edited September 2018

Let's bring to light the fact IGN gave this episode a 5/10. Called it mediocre and many people in their comment section are taking their word as the word of god. Meanwhile all of us, the real fans of the series love and adore the season. They did the same with episode 1 which is why sales have been down which is why TT is dead. They are driving people away from masterpieces. IGN is a blood sucking leach that killed our favorite company. They hate point and click games and have shown a bias distain for WD since season 2. I loathe them with every fiber of my existence.

Sorry about that but just wanted to vent my hatred lol.

With that said this is probably going to go down as the most memorable moment in the series history for me. This season is already my favorite just on episodes 1 and 2 alone. I have so much invested mentally into almost every single character. I love the plot, I love the graphics, I love the play style. I just adore the game. It's been so amazing. :)

• edited September 2018

I'm not one who likes to shit on reviewers. You know, "tastes are different", all that moralistic horse shit. But IGN might as well be Abel at the end of this episode with the seasons best characters staring down at him. We gonna get the truth and IGN should be very very afraid. >:)

ZombieKenny posted: »

Let's bring to light the fact IGN gave this episode a 5/10. Called it mediocre and many people in their comment section are taking their wor

• edited September 2018

I don't think it was a huge improvement over Done Running but a worthy successor at least. There were a lot of great things to take out of it, but also a few bad ones.

"I fucking really hate that fucking dickhead shitfuck." will go down as one of the greatest TWD quotes of all time.

8/10.

• The log thing is fucking dumb, my boi

WILLY MASTER RACE

• Press R2 to fire.

Press R2 to fire.

PRESS R2 TO FIRE.

• edited September 2018

That was...wow. Of course Telltale starts having problems right when it seems they've gotten their act together. I felt like I was playing a BioWare game throughout this episode, and I mean that in a good way. Interesting way to introduce the Whisperers (and I just laughed my butt off when James took off that mask to reveal a pretty face. I was like "I never expected my Walking Dead game to become a dating sim but here we are".) I get the feeling they're not going to matter beyond James being one just as a nod to the comics, though.

As for the combat, well, I can respect that they're putting more of a strategy, actual adventure game element into it. But "press RT" to shoot being a total lie made me die a couple of times and ugh the mechanics of that first Walker horde fight.

• edited September 2018

It's the best episode so far and everything was brilliant except two things: I thought Lilly's introduction wasn't that good, Clementine didn't really seem surprised like I expected her to be, as if she didn't really care that much. And the nightmare was something I was REALLY disappointed about: I expected we would actually see what happened at the ranch. What we got there was lame and no, we didn't get to know what exactly happened at the ranch after all.

• This episode was honestly one of the best of the series.

• FUCKING AMAZING, lilly...struggling to kill clem...it...hit me in the feels

• That moment, where the game turned into a 3rd-Person-Shooter was just beautifully done. The devs tried to reinvent what a Telltale game can be and they deserve better. If Telltale can fund the costs for the next episodes, they better pay the severence of those who were let go first.

• I’m not so sure about Omar bleeding out and dying. They mentioned Aasim and Omar as being “gone”, I took that to mean they were taken along with Violet/Louis.

Sarunas21 posted: »

Lord have mercy this episode was fantastic. From start to finish it gave me so many emotions. I started playing at 12:30 and I just now fini

• Y'know what's funny? I literally, like two minutes ago just got done playing my alternative playthrough and realized that I had Mitch mistaken for Omar. The shadow made Mitch look darker than he was.

I’m not so sure about Omar bleeding out and dying. They mentioned Aasim and Omar as being “gone”, I took that to mean they were taken along with Violet/Louis.

• I probably wouldn't have bumped my Impression thread had I known this was here.

• So something has been on my mind. Who's the group that Delta (Lilly's group) is going to war with. James mentions they're up north. Being with the Whisperers that puts him close enough to Alexandria, Hilltop or Kingdom but I believe it may be the Commonwealth. It's hard to guess being that the game is 4 years ahead of the comics presently

• I wonder if Lily thought/thinks that AJ could possibly be Lee's son.

• edited September 2018

It was kinda dodgy about itself going in, honestly.

@shellturtleguy I’m not so sure about Omar bleeding out and dying. They mentioned Aasim and Omar as being “gone”, I took that to mean they were taken along with Violet/Louis.

Honestly, I thought they died until the credits confirmed they were taken.

@Sarunas21 Y'know what's funny? I literally, like two minutes ago just got done playing my alternative playthrough and realized that I had Mitch mistaken for Omar. The shadow made Mitch look darker than he was.

Hell, I thought he was Assim myself.

Findagon posted: »

I don't think it was a huge improvement over Done Running but a worthy successor at least. There were a lot of great things to take out of i

• From what I’ve seen of the episode I really enjoyed it. A strong episode which makes me more sad considering what’s happened to the employees. If the rest of the game does get finished, I question if it will hold up the same quality. More than anything my heart just goes out to those people. I’m so sorry.

At least the cliffhanger wasn’t too bad should there be a delay or no more episodes at all. But that guy at the end all broken up [and after the option to lose his arm] please tell me I’m not the only one who thought of the Black Knight from The Holy Grail:

• Pretty solid although a lot of it was spoiled for me so that might've ruined my immersion a bit. Still think I like Done Running a little better.

• This Episode was great i loved it. Lilly coming back as a badass bitch ( i still don't like her but she changed alot). AJ learning his lesson on murdering Marlon.

Louis- I think he went too being an asshole to being helpful when Aj got shot and you taking him inside. I clearly chosen him to hangout with. and saved him. He was interesting this episode. Of course with his cute charma nd such ( same with violet she has good charm too). I just think the piano scene was more romance and funny (In my opinion). Hope I see more love stuff in the coming episodes.

Violet- She became more like a Leader for this group (Since MItch can't do it himself ex deee) anyways I like her this season too. More of a leader than like Louis. Anyways She changed a bit more trying to help the community while still having a crush on clem, before the piano event. Loved her attitude too much things and understanding situations. I think she came out of her comforting zone in episode 1.

AJ- Love the lil dude, but he has to learn more morales in this life. He's a confused child tbh right now in this episode. He's a good character (Of course he is who doesn't love AJ... sigh) He changed though at the ending. Scared of him dying during the chase in the woods. AJ is something though, I think in coming episodes he will think more of his actions and what consequences It will take.

Lilly- OH MAN OH MAN I hated her when she killed Carley. She had done nothing wrong, but she's back and more bitter than ever. Seeing her eyes face to face with clementine reminds me of season 1 all over again with that racist father. It's been a bit, nothing really interesting just a villain I guess? The episode got interesting because of her kidnapping children for a war and on and on. Will like to see her more and more bitter in the coming episodes.

Abel- Laughing because he got captured. He's a bastard the end moving on!

James- Interesting character. I like him he'll will definitely help us getting louis or violet (depends on who you chose). I see him as a pacifist person he wants wars to stop because of his group back then. I mean I totally understand his situation back then and now. Wishing to see him more.

That's all for now I guess. At the end It was a good episode can't wait for episode 3 to come out!

• You'll see Aasim shirt when they throw in Louis or violet into the cage. Idk about Omar though.

I’m not so sure about Omar bleeding out and dying. They mentioned Aasim and Omar as being “gone”, I took that to mean they were taken along with Violet/Louis.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.