Did Your Opinion Of Violet Change In Episode 2?

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

In episode 1, Violet is this moody girl with a certain attitude and describes herself not being a people person. She has a grudge on Brody over the death of Minerva, which seem vein seeing that she wasn't there when Minerva disappeared. A she's described as difficult. I felt that she seem like another Jane 2.0 with the traits seen in episode 1, which made me hated her.

But then in episode 2, all the negative traits seen in episode 1 are improved or compliment her positive traits. Her loneliness made her independent in thought which she rationally made the choice to have Clem go to her room to resolve the situation. She takes it upon herself to see that Clem left safely. Despite her difficulty with dealing with people she steps up and becomes the interim leader of the group. She healed from the Minerva situation seeing that Clem comes back. The trait of her being difficult with people makes her bossy and direct with people in the group. This Violent I actually respect. I would put her down as the MVP of the season if she continues to go this direction.

Have you guys changed your views on violent as a character? Did you think that she is arguely a even more complex character than Lily? Will the romance between Clem change her relationship with Mini when she comes back?

Comments

• edited September 2018

My opinion definitely changed, I like her more especially when she was the only one putting herself between AJ and the group at the start of the game and seems genuinely happy to see you when you return to the school. I may have judged her too harshly.

• I liked Violet in Ep1 and I expected her to grow more in the next episodes, but she grew more in this episode than I thought she would and I like her a lot more now.

• After Clem leaned in to kiss her, she just sat there. I'm like ".......So what, that's it? You're not gonna lean into her and give her a kiss too?".

• Oddly enough I like her a lot now even more than Louis who i initially liked the best.

• I really liked her character development. She stood her own and stepped up to becoming the leader of the school which was pretty interesting. She's kind and is willing to open up to people she trusts.
    Still friendzoned her though.

• Yep did that too lol

bobshaw posted: »

I really liked her character development. She stood her own and stepped up to becoming the leader of the school which was pretty interesting. She's kind and is willing to open up to people she trusts. Still friendzoned her though.

• edited September 2018

Louis just seems like a ass-hat now. The kids are preparing the school for the saiyans and he is fucking off shooting Marlon's bow. I don't see his contribution to the group asides being good moral. He does determinant save Clem from lily. The reason I say determinant because the "we are family" option Lily seem like she's going to spare Clem.

Chibikid posted: »

Oddly enough I like her a lot now even more than Louis who i initially liked the best.

• I like her still don’t like that she made Clem bi though

• Yes. There's still some things about her that annoy me, but overall she's cool.

• Are you assuming Clementines sexuality? /s

Erinour posted: »

I like her still don’t like that she made Clem bi though

• Who would have thought we would have made that same choice, after all we are profile picture twins.

Hersani posted: »

Yep did that too lol

• I like the Louis/Violet dynamic because it isn't the poorly executed Kenny/Lily relationship based on the meat locker decision.

• In the Episode he says his sorry for treating AJ like a murderer in the piano scene.

Deathbeam posted: »

Louis just seems like a ass-hat now. The kids are preparing the school for the saiyans and he is fucking off shooting Marlon's bow. I don't

• AJ is a murderer. I don't even know why Clem has the option to justify the death of Marlon. This is AF Clem over again. Louis is a asshat because he knows that the raiders are going to knock on the door soon and he's slacking off.

Zekkarooo posted: »

In the Episode he says his sorry for treating AJ like a murderer in the piano scene.

• Violet>Jane

• I liked her from the first time. I thought I could totally trust her, and she proved to be loyal. She's totally NOT like Jane. I never trusted Jane in the 2nd game.

• I liked her from the start and she just got better....in Louis's defense ...he was dealing with the loss of a friend...yes Marlon did some horrid things...but that does not totally erase the good and the friend he had been to Louis. I strait up told AJ it was murder. I tried to reason with him and I think the story is stronger for it. Oh and Abel...fuck that guy.

• edited September 2018

Since it seems I won't get to really complete my full impressions currently, I'll go ahead and speak.

She wasn't as botheringly contentious as Louis sometimes was going in, but it also does not reflect well on her. In her own context, she might seem like she's somewhat better in her mixed-ness compared to some other characters, but that doesn't really mean much at all. So she's in this weird middleground as she starts to drift to somewhat underhanded writing territory and takes on rather halfassed and frankly confusing attempts at drifting into unfocused aspects of I was dreading since she was revealed.

So in short, I don't know what I should think about Violet and on some level, don't think I should.

• At first when I played Done Running I liked her a bit more than Louis. I knew there was more to her than the typical moody, lonely, edgy girl (Based on the scene in the dorm).
    After Suffer The Children I love her, she stepped up to be the leader of the kids (Which I didn't expect at all) and she shows a lot more of her soft side towards the end.

• She has more or less no character development in episode 2, she steps up as leader but very little change from her

• Pretty much.
    Even the whole leadership thing is done, not done in a very loose yet wishywashy way.

She has more or less no character development in episode 2, she steps up as leader but very little change from her

• Still don't know what to think of her, honestly.

She sticks up for for Clem and AJ more than anybody, but weirdly, her disposition doesn't really make me trust her anymore than I did before.

I don't know. There's something odd about her character development that I can't really pinpoint.

• Yes. I love her even more than I did before.

• What about this? In the office, when Violet and Clem are speaking, Clem can call her a 'fucking asshole' (I should do a swear count for all the possible swears in Episode 2. Probably around 100.) and Violet takes it well, saying she can handle that but everyone else hates Clem and AJ still.

DabigRG posted: »

Since it seems I won't get to really complete my full impressions currently, I'll go ahead and speak. She wasn't as botheringly contentio

• I don't know what I'm supposed to think about that.

Which is unintentionally fitting.

Ghetsis posted: »

What about this? In the office, when Violet and Clem are speaking, Clem can call her a 'fucking asshole' (I should do a swear count for all

• Less boring than in the First Chapter, thats for sure.

Alas, it didnt rub me the right way that she is willing to allot her vindictiveness over what happened to Minerva to strange her from the rest of the group.

I wouldnt be surprised (if/when we get the rest of the content) at one point she would choose/offer to Lone-Wolf it with Clem and AJ on the Road

• I was so conflicted over Violet/Louis. Infact I still am. I preferred Louis in the first episode, but then I preferred Violet in episode 2.

She seems like a really great leader. I love when she said they stopped handing out participation trophies when walkers started eating people. That's some hardcore shit. It's a shame I let her get taken. Hopefully she can find Minnie and be happy.

• I like how she was supportive for clem and aj....she's a good friend.

• I was so conflicted over Violet/Louis. Infact I still am. I preferred Louis in the first episode, but then I preferred Violet in episode 2.

Eh, personally, both of em had me feeling mixed in this episode. Louis is obviously the one I "prefer," though.

I was so conflicted over Violet/Louis. Infact I still am. I preferred Louis in the first episode, but then I preferred Violet in episode 2.

• Is it fair to say that Violet is actually kinda bland in terms of practiced characterization?

• I think so...

I actually think Louis had the better development and I was telling him to fuck off literallythe entire episode. I went from thinking he'd be a bro in episode 1 to putting him on my hitlist in episode 2. I didn't expect that. But even disliking him you can still see he's decently written.

You can clearly see an arc for Louis. But I don't get anything from Violet one way or the other.

Also being mean to Violet (or Louis I'm also guessing) doesn't seem to actually affect anything. She continues to admire you for some unexplained reason.

DabigRG posted: »

Is it fair to say that Violet is actually kinda bland in terms of practiced characterization?

• edited September 2018

I prefer her a lot more than Louis, but still friendzoned.
    Still no shipping for my Clem though.

• I meant in general.

I think so... I actually think Louis had the better development and I was telling him to fuck off literallythe entire episode. I went fr

• When vi says she's heading to the bell tower to check on their defenses then clem asks vi if she needs any help vi smiles. Vi then says sure If you want then clem smiles. That was a cute, sweet, and adorable moment between the two of them.

• Her being so adamant on being on your side is because it helps her justify the loss of Minerva more and she might have developed a bit of a crush on Clem. And Clem is a good lead to saving Minerva. I tacked her as a loyal but I can't agree with her of breaking the rules of the vote it could harm her position even more.

• Let's just say that I was I pretty hardcore Louis shipper. Now I'm not. That answer your question?

• Violet's rating before E2 was 9/10. Now she's the leader of the 10/10 gang.

• I had mixed feelings about her at first, but she grew on me in Episode 2. Decided to romance her instead of Louis.

• I thought she was pretty boring in Ep1 tbh, but she really grew on me, I thought about romancing her but I ended up being with Louis.

• edited September 2018

Decided to reread the OP for whatever reason while I'm here and decided to address a few things:

She has a grudge on Brody over the death of Minerva, which seem vein seeing that she wasn't there when Minerva disappeared.

It wasn't really a grudge so much as Brody being there instead of her that day kinda causes her to have this adversity towards her as an unconscious way of venting.

I felt that she seem like another Jane 2.0 with the traits seen in episode 1, which made me hated her.

I will say her first appearance and increasing screentime is somewhat similar to what they did with Jane, but the difference is that Violet is nowhere as big an intended deal as they clearly wanted Jane to be and as such, those escalating appearances are somewhat natural for the progression and aren't hung up on not being able to keep their fucking eyes off her.

But then in episode 2, all the negative traits seen in episode 1 are compliment her positive traits. Her loneliness made her independent in thought which she rationally made the choice to have Clem go to her room to resolve the situation.
    The trait of her being difficult with people makes her bossy and direct with people in the group.

That is an somewhat interesting way of looking at it.

To my blanket observation though, she's just kind of around most of her time in this episode, with the bulk of her actual involvement equivalating to "saying/being the 'right' thing(s)."

Have you guys changed your views on violent as a character?

If you can count it as a change, see my original post.

Did you think that she is arguely a even more complex character than Lily?

Slightly depends on what you mean and how you're measuring.
    Like, if you're ignoring the continuity/serial aspect, then maybe...?
    However, I generally still hover around no in general.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.