After All, Will TFS Be Finished

After all of this bad news I was already hopeless at first but now, Telltale are being sued, all of the voice actors don't even work there anymore so how are they meant to do it and finally the game has been pulled from shelves. I'm hopeless for Telltale and don't think the season is going to be finished, leaving us on a total cliffhanger from a character that we've grown to attach ourselves to, sucks but that's probably it.

Does anybody have any news which may help this situation?

Comments

1. The VA are separate entities, they don't work for Telltale exclusively. They were not fired.

2. The lawsuit means nothing for TFS. If TTG sells the game rights then another company will be finishing the job, not them. It actually may help TTG to pay severance to people.

3. Pulling from the shelves was a protection move in case they don't/can't sell the rights to the final season. If they do, it'll go back up and the final 2 episodes will release at some point. If they don't, then it'll likely go back on the shelves and you only get the two episodes likes everyone else.

• But what I don't get is that Telltale are Telltale, only telltale can do their games, they're very unique. Even if they've been lowering in quality until the TFS. How are other companies gonna make a Telltale game?

gta3demon posted: »

* The VA are separate entities, they don't work for Telltale exclusively. They were not fired. * The lawsuit means nothing for TFS. If TT

• The TTG model isn't hard to replicate. Look at Life is Strange. It's not entirely the same, but the principals are. Hopefully the new company will keep the same script and the same TTG style. But who knows. I just want them to finish it, and we'll see when/if they will.

BigBoiJames posted: »

But what I don't get is that Telltale are Telltale, only telltale can do their games, they're very unique. Even if they've been lowering in quality until the TFS. How are other companies gonna make a Telltale game?

• To be fair Life is Strange does look like a telltale game haha, Yeah. I think it is very possible. They can't possibly just pull the cord on it, somebody will do something

The TTG model isn't hard to replicate. Look at Life is Strange. It's not entirely the same, but the principals are. Hopefully the new compan

• Any News? I really wanna know if it comes out or not?

• Radio silence for now...the last thing that happened was that it was pulled from the e-stores

• No new information yet except TFS has been taken down temporarily on all platforms

BigBoiJames posted: »

Any News? I really wanna know if it comes out or not?

• perfect timing eh?

• At the end of suffer the children, there was a message at the end of the credits, informing any companies that may be interested that they are gifting them the final season for free

* The VA are separate entities, they don't work for Telltale exclusively. They were not fired. * The lawsuit means nothing for TFS. If TT

• Holy shit! I haven't noticed that before even tho I always listen to credits music until the end. Thanks for sharing that info. :)

Melton23 posted: »

At the end of suffer the children, there was a message at the end of the credits, informing any companies that may be interested that they are gifting them the final season for free

• Is it somewhere on Youtube? I want to see it, but I don't have a way to.

At the end of suffer the children, there was a message at the end of the credits, informing any companies that may be interested that they are gifting them the final season for free

• Is there a new credits song for Suffer the Children apart from Waiting around to die? I still didn't have a chance to play it :tired_face:

Tewudin posted: »

Holy shit! I haven't noticed that before even tho I always listen to credits music until the end. Thanks for sharing that info.

• edited September 2018

They used both In the Pines, which plays first, and after that Waiting Around to Die. If you don't remember, In the Pines is the same credits song used in Season 2 Episode 2.

Fury2014 posted: »

Is there a new credits song for Suffer the Children apart from Waiting around to die? I still didn't have a chance to play it

• Of course I remember :smiley: Like you, I have been part of this journey from the beginning :smile:

They used both In the Pines, which plays first, and after that Waiting Around to Die. If you don't remember, In the Pines is the same credits song used in Season 2 Episode 2.

• Are you pulling our collective legs?

• Okay, just wanted to be sure. :D You may find this a curious coincident that both songs were used in the episodes where we've met a returning character from previous season. Nice touch, don't you think?

Of course I remember Like you, I have been part of this journey from the beginning

• Yet another proof that this team really cared about giving us all these nostalgic feelings and knew how to please their fans :smile:

Okay, just wanted to be sure. You may find this a curious coincident that both songs were used in the episodes where we've met a returning character from previous season. Nice touch, don't you think?

• Idk. I just know that there’s some kind of message that states that rights to the game will be given away for free to anyone who can finish it

NexusFire posted: »

Is it somewhere on Youtube? I want to see it, but I don't have a way to.

• I am convinced that he is full of shit...do not believe everything you see :D Especially not in Telltale Community in these dire times. Like who would advertise something at the end of credits :DDDDD

Is it somewhere on Youtube? I want to see it, but I don't have a way to.

• Thanks anyway for info!

Idk. I just know that there’s some kind of message that states that rights to the game will be given away for free to anyone who can finish it

• I found a video, though it is in episode 1, so I could be misinterpreting. Just in case though...

Skip to 5:10 and pause

Thanks anyway for info!

• Its possible but very unlikely that the game is going to be finished, even more unlikely that whatever gets released would be any good anyway

• Tbf, I've took upon myself to read it in detail and maybe I'm misinterpriting it but since this message appeared in episode 1 already I think that they are NOT talking about The Final Season but the software used to create it (you know, engine etc.) That's what I think at least.

I found a video, though it is in episode 1, so I could be misinterpreting. Just in case though... Skip to 5:10 and pause

• you want me to check?

I am convinced that he is full of shit...do not believe everything you see Especially not in Telltale Community in these dire times. Like who would advertise something at the end of credits :DDDDD

• Hmm.. @Tewudin might be right that this isn't related to The Final Season. Has this message appeared in the credits of any other Telltale game?

I found a video, though it is in episode 1, so I could be misinterpreting. Just in case though... Skip to 5:10 and pause

• Just checked tales from the borderlands and walking dead S2 and the message was not on either of them.

Hmm.. @Tewudin might be right that this isn't related to The Final Season. Has this message appeared in the credits of any other Telltale game?

• Yes! I've just checked out of curiousity and the same message can be found at the end of the credits for A New Frontier episodes as well. I've checked episode 1 and 2 to be sure and they both had that message.

Hmm.. @Tewudin might be right that this isn't related to The Final Season. Has this message appeared in the credits of any other Telltale game?

• edited September 2018

Guys do you think that if they do release the episodes, that they're going to release them much later than November 6 and December 18? Or what if they get even more workers than they had when they were working on first two episodes, what if episodes will therefore be released even sooner than Nov 6 and Dec 18? Because Telltale did say that multiple companies offered help.

• @Melton23 @Tewudin So maybe since the time they "updated" their engine, this message started appearing. Cause ANF has them (Which is on the "updated" engine), but TFTB and TWD S2 don't (Which are on the older version).

• Yeah but still, they're being sued and a couple of companies have already pulled out I think, this is why I'm looking for good news

Razer531 posted: »

Guys do you think that if they do release the episodes, that they're going to release them much later than November 6 and December 18? Or wh

• To answer your question - they did stated that those dates are subjects to change so anything's possible but with all this mess I'm more inclined to believe there might be a delay. I don't think the episodes will be released sooner.

Guys do you think that if they do release the episodes, that they're going to release them much later than November 6 and December 18? Or wh

• I agree Life is strange model is somewhat the same as TWG games tbh. Choices, consequences, etc.

The TTG model isn't hard to replicate. Look at Life is Strange. It's not entirely the same, but the principals are. Hopefully the new compan

• Screenshot pls k thx?

• Putting more people onto projects doesn't make them complete it faster. Ask Kevin Bruner.

• Small update:

"Telltale confirmed in a comment to Polygon that season pass sales have been halted as the company discusses new development plans to finish out the series.

“Yes, we have removed season passes for The Walking Dead: The Final Season from stores for the time being,” a representative told Polygon. “We’re currently still working to find a way to hand off production of episodes 3 and 4 so that the season can be completed. The outcome of those efforts will determine when and how The Final Season returns to stores. We hope to have a firm announcement before the end of the week. For now, we apologize for any inconvenience.”

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/25/17903996/telltale-the-walking-dead-final-season-sales-canceled

• It depends could be earlier than November Or Early in December. Could be Later Or next year Its all over the place.

• Were probably seeing that delay right now...

To answer your question - they did stated that those dates are subjects to change so anything's possible but with all this mess I'm more inclined to believe there might be a delay. I don't think the episodes will be released sooner.

• I want to be optimistic, also I think they want to finish what they have started by completing TFS and that Minecraft obligation before shutting down the company for good.

Small update: "Telltale confirmed in a comment to Polygon that season pass sales have been halted as the company discusses new developmen

• I agree. I mean, they're in such deep mess right now that I don't see them recovering after that. My only hope is that they will somehow find a way to finish TWD, although there is just a small chance rn of that happening.

Gauss99 posted: »

I want to be optimistic, also I think they want to finish what they have started by completing TFS and that Minecraft obligation before shutting down the company for good.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.