Your Perfect Ending

How a perfect conclusion for the series would look like in your eyes?

Comments

• Clementine lives.

That's...that's it.

• Clementine will always live on in our hearts even if she dies.

Clementine lives. That's...that's it.

• Clementine and AJ both live. Violet and Tenn live. They all get the greenhouse working and live safely and sustainably once the raiders are vanquished. The end.

• Clem dies.change my mind

• Something that isn't bad writing.

• Something not obvious. Neither death nor life.

• You die and Clem lives, how about that?

Clem dies.change my mind

• Not good enough. If Clementine dies i'm hanging myself.

bobshaw posted: »

Clementine will always live on in our hearts even if she dies.

• Clem got bit on the arm then she chop it off and survive, live with Violet and AJ.

If she has to die, I hope the last scene was she close her eyes, screen goes dark, then a younger Clem show up, Lee is smiling and at the front waiting for her.

• Ok but unironically tho multiple endings which don't have bad writing, which also can make you feel satisfied with what ending you got.

Ending 1 - Everyone lives. They repair the boarding school or find another place to set up an community.

Ending 2 - Everyone dies/goes missing in the end it's just Clem and AJ.

Ending 3 - Clem dies & Violet, Louis, Tenn and AJ are left.

Ending 4 - AJ is last man standing.

• I wouldn't mind Lee myself for her

AronDracula posted: »

You die and Clem lives, how about that?

• Lee and Clementine izi pizi

• I would do the same :c

ZombieKenny posted: »

Not good enough. If Clementine dies i'm hanging myself.

• Clem Aj and the gang sail the ocean on a boat

• Transition into the post-walker age, Clem, AJ, and hopefully all the kids in the Erickson boarding school.

But we know that's not possible.

So Clem, AJ & Violet :D

• Alright, Crowder.

Clem dies.change my mind

• Louis lives.

• Rather be that than a troll aye

LLemonSS posted: »

Alright, Crowder.

• Sadly enough, no-one has come up with a good enough ending that I wouldn't consider 'bad writing' I think our best shot is @Hillbilly_Dave . Granted, I haven't come up with anything good enough either. The premise is that Clem dies from wounds, not bites.

Best thing I've got is that a majority of the issues present (Delta war etc.) gets resolved and Clementine gets rushed to a safe haven of some sorts with ravishing sights as she looks forward from her bed. A very emotional scene happens (well that can't happen because Clem's voice is shitty and won't make me cry, only s1 or s2 Clem will) and depending on who is still alive (my idea is that it'll be like a Kenny Ep 4 thing, and depending on choices throughout the season one of the two will die protecting Clem, probably the one she romanced) Clementine can ask Violet/Louis for 3 different things (thus making 6 different variations) such as for Louis to play 'Clementine' one last time, or for Clem and Violet to stargaze one last time.

The scene is especially powerful because AJ is present, and throughout the season you will learn that AJ doesn't get as emotional with sad scenes as everyone else and after Rosie dies (at the end of Episode 3, AJ and Clem get separated and AJ only has Rosie as his companion and protector. This is deeply ironic because she is the dog of Marlon, whom AJ killed. Rosie passes away off-screen and this lights a spark in AJ to protect his friends with everything he can. He says that he is even willing to die to protect Clementine), he tells Clem that he feels bad that he didn't cry and wants to have everyone else's emotions too. Tenn later dies that same day and AJ becomes despondent and heartbroken, only to learn that Clementine will die the next day. He remarks on how this Walker World is too melancholic, even for him, and that he WISHED he could have lived pre-apocalypse, wondering what his life would've been like.

A light-hearted scene then follows with Clem being able to tell AJ through dialogue options what his life would be like, still with Christa and Alvin as his parents. This makes AJ slightly happier, and Clem, through dialogue options, must convince AJ to keep going. After this, AJ's new personality is affirmed and says that he doesn't want Clem to be depressed either, and he does everything he can to play his part and keep peace between communities. As Clementine sleeps, bed-ridden, AJ fights in a badass war, sending herds of walkers to the Delta with James in the most badass fashion, killing to protect, and saving child-soldiers. When she awakens, AJ is at her side and wants to keep going, saying he'll do everything he can. He slayed a family to get medical supplies for Clementine, but these meds do not save her. This is also ironic and breaks the circle, the meds for AJ in ANF didn't save him but he pulled through in the end (my headcanon), but with Clementine she couldn't make it.

AJ and co win the war, peace is earned for the most part. He goes back to Clementine and talks one last time, the 'final wish' mini-choice that I established earlier happening here (we're back at the first paragraph, sorry for bad-structuring) and as the kids cry, AJ is the one left to pick up the pieces and unite them under great pain and sorrow. He tells them not to mourn, but Louis/Violet are dominantly miserable, whilst AJ takes deep breaths. Clementine asks to hold AJ's hand once more, and the two squeeze so hardly (inspired for an Achievement image) that Clem is given memories of her childhood - she is with her parents in a playable but dreamy scene, which ends with the screen lighting up and switching to Clem's best memories with all the TWDG characters, enter emotional music. This ends with Clem running to Lee and hugging him passionately, before cutting to real-time where the camera is showing multiple shots, but never her face. The sky is gloomy and alluring. The winds are light and gently sway the curtains. The screen cuts to black.

After the Take Us Back credits, it shows a playable scene with a teenage AJ and the kids who are determinantly alive, all grown up. (A lot of work, I'm sure, but I know Telltale can handle it. Oh.) AJ is baking an apple pie with Louis, this implies that civilisation is prospering even in the Walker Age, and Clem's advice to get through the dark days is in-effect. It is Dusk, and there are multiple camera shots of the new, rebuilt school, complete with tomato and corn and rice fields. In the headmaster's office, a drawing of Clem lies. Showing 'RIP, xxxx - xxxx'

Holy shit I'm actually somewhat proud of that. Btw, I don't really care about the achievements and what can be inferred from them, the ending will surely be different. Oh, and based on the events of Ep 3, either AJ or Clem dies, and both are just as sad.

• Clementine beats Lilly, doesn't finish her off and does what Lee did before, looking at her and telling her "Family means forgiving the bad moments." As Lilly seemed to waver enough during 3 and 4 to show the Lilly she remembers was there.

Lilly looks at her. "That is what Lee would do...what about your other guardians?" She asked, knowing enough about her past to account for Season 2.

If she ditched or let both die. "What they both did...I saw where this path ends if you turn away. I don't want you to die like that."

If she picked Jane. "Jane gave up in the end. I am no quitter, and neither are you."

If she picked Kenny. "Kenny would want me to make it right. To not give up."

Lilly turns away. "I left once already, for a good reason. I...live Clem. And if we meet again...just keep on going. I am no good for you." She then leaves.

Clem takes AJ back home, with Clem and the survivors rebuilding the house, taking what theyn took for Lilly's group to fortify. She contacts their rivals and learns Christa is alive and among them. She also learned that Arvo would up in Lilly's group and died fighting. Mike, and if she lived, Bonnie died at the hands of Lilly and co.

Lilly is later seen on the road, having killed a walker. She looked up and wondered...were they all watching her. Would they be happy with her finding herself again.

Later we see Clem celebrating AJ's birthday. Christa, the Garcia's, Jesus...everyone of her friends still living celebrate.

• edited October 2018

I would remove the first ending. Everyone would just pick that one and consider it the canon ending. Too easy. But the rest are actually pretty good. All of them involve a sacrifice.

I hate multiple endings where it's obvious what the majority of people would choose if they save-scummed.

Telltale are good at providing ambiguous endings. The endings to Season 2 and 3 are hardly straight-forward and are entirely up to personal interpretation. Even Season 1 despite it being a single conclusion ends on a nice ambiguity.

lottii-lu posted: »

Ok but unironically tho multiple endings which don't have bad writing, which also can make you feel satisfied with what ending you got. E

• edited October 2018

Telltale in an interview said that the ending to TFS is gut-wrenching, regardless of how you get there. So I would be really doubtful of an ending in which EVERYONE would survive.

We've seen Mitch already die and we can guess Omar/Aaasim/Violet/Louis can potentially too in Episode 3. Considering there is actual war involved in the plot now, it's going to be an obvious bloodbath from here on out.

• One is the other though, so far as Crowder is concerned ;)

I have enough politics on my twitter account, let's try and avoid it on a gaming forum, yeah? :)

Rather be that than a troll aye

• Dream ending would be killing that wretched bitch Lilly and then settling down with Violet at the school to live happily ever after fishing, watching stars, kissing by the camp fire and raising AJ together <3

I hope telltale doesn't give us the predictable lazy "clem dies, fuck you" ending.

• Epilogue: Clem shows up with AJ at the Inventory to play against: Guybrush Threepwood, Homestar Runner, The Scout and Robocop. Poker Night at the Inventory 3 begins. (Yes, Clem gets her hat for Scout to wear in TF2.) :p

• Np buddy, have a nice day.

LLemonSS posted: »

One is the other though, so far as Crowder is concerned I have enough politics on my twitter account, let's try and avoid it on a gaming forum, yeah?

• You too dude ?

Np buddy, have a nice day.

• Lee is alive and sees Clementine again,?❤

• Holy shit, think about what a badass duo Lee and S4 Clem would be :o

Lee is alive and sees Clementine again,?❤

• Wow, @Ghetsis , thanks for the vote of confidence. I appreciate it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.