Forums Shutdown Predictions

We all know it's coming, so when do you think the forums will shut down and how many of you are moving over to Reddit?

Comments

• These forums will not shut down.. they can't :'(

• One can only dream, sadly.

NexusFire posted: »

These forums will not shut down.. they can't

• But honestly, if I would have to guess... it's going to be sometime after Take Us Back releases. A few weeks or a month later probably.

One can only dream, sadly.

• edited October 2018

I reckon around the time Telltale fully shuts down.

• I'm only speculating but wasn't the rumour before TT announced the layoffs that they was going to doing mobile games and smaller projects ? In that case I can't see the forums shutting

• I think they're done for good m8

Clemmy1 posted: »

I'm only speculating but wasn't the rumour before TT announced the layoffs that they was going to doing mobile games and smaller projects ? In that case I can't see the forums shutting

• After the final season has completed it's run and they re released an updated walking dead collection

BigBadPaul posted: »

Tomorrow.

• I have a good feeling Telltale paid for the forums to run for like another year prior to the layoffs, so it's the last of their worries.

• Let's hope.

Ghetsis posted: »

I have a good feeling Telltale paid for the forums to run for like another year prior to the layoffs, so it's the last of their worries.

• I wonder who is the host of this forum.
    I've seen most powered by invision

• God, I don’t want to think about this now...TOO SOON!

• Well even if the forums stay it will die eventually by itself,people didn't have any idea how much this forum was dead before TFS released hell even the reddit page was half dead too.

• edited October 2018

I mean it doesn't take much to keep one of these forums up. I assume someone with a server is willing to take it over eventually. I've seen forums from defunct companies last 7-8 years after it's already a cold corpse. Place a few ads and someone will probably take it just to make a small amount of ad revenue off of it. But who knows.

• Considering the site is nearly dead with TWD forums barely kept active, I don't see the point in even keeping the site up once TFS finishes. The majority of members will either stop coming on or switching onto alternate platforms for discussions.

• edited October 2018

I don't feel so good Mr. Everett... hugs him I don't want to be determinate....

NexusFire posted: »

• edited October 2018

Hm. I´m getting some internal server error messages on the news section of this site. This is how it starts! :#

edit: And ofcourse, as soon as I posted this it went back to normal...

• That's normal, don't worry about it

Onmens posted: »

Hm. I´m getting some internal server error messages on the news section of this site. This is how it starts! edit: And ofcourse, as soon as I posted this it went back to normal...

• This site is also the place to download the games, which were bought from Telltale Store (naturally I have made backups at this point) and more recent Telltale games connect to Telltale servers frequently. So, there's more than just the forum.

Chibikid posted: »

Considering the site is nearly dead with TWD forums barely kept active, I don't see the point in even keeping the site up once TFS finishes. The majority of members will either stop coming on or switching onto alternate platforms for discussions.

• How could the forums shutdown function tho, does anybody know? There just won't be an option to start new discussions/post comments, or will the whole thing be deleted, with no way to acces old threads?

• Sometimes web pages are systematically shut down, but more often pages are just abandoned and left on their own till the page finally disappears because of the unpaid bills. And occasionally after the original site has closed, someone else registers the abandoned domain and uses it to run a scam site.

Krapinka posted: »

How could the forums shutdown function tho, does anybody know? There just won't be an option to start new discussions/post comments, or will the whole thing be deleted, with no way to acces old threads?

• I don't see many people buying games off of the site after TFS seeing how sales overall were relatively low and underperforming

I just don't see much to any activity on the site occurring post TFS conclusion. TWD forums are the only active part of the site which that is barely keeping daily activity.

This site is also the place to download the games, which were bought from Telltale Store (naturally I have made backups at this point) and more recent Telltale games connect to Telltale servers frequently. So, there's more than just the forum.

• edited October 2018

comment doubled

• Thanks for the info, man. Hopefully, the place will still function in foreseeable future, but there are definitely some discussions I'll want to save/back up in case it won't.

Sometimes web pages are systematically shut down, but more often pages are just abandoned and left on their own till the page finally disapp

• edited October 2018

They closed the store before TFS came out, but people have made plenty of purchases from the store before that (and not everyone has made backups) and the store customers download the games from this site whenever they want to play.

Personally I made backups instantly when I heard about possible closure, because I have purchased 90% of Telltale catalog from them directly.

But more serious issue is that many of the newer Telltale titles must "phone home" and without connection to TTG servers the games will miss some functionalities.

Chibikid posted: »

I don't see many people buying games off of the site after TFS seeing how sales overall were relatively low and underperforming I just do

• One of the forums I was on for (almost) ten years finally shut down in August (screw EA). Most of us migrated to Discord and created several hubs for that community. Reddit has also been something we use from time to time. A user also attempted to recreate the forum that got axed and did it pretty well if you ask me.

Y'all should probably be making plans to migrate rather than asking the question tbh. Or just remake this site, preferably before the big update but hey, that's just me. :D

• I don't think the forums will shut down for a while...

• Yep, weird to see a thread that has been dead for 5 years.

Cheddarhead posted: »

This thread seems relevant https://telltale.com/community/discussion/50502/are-you-leaving-the-ttg-forums-tell-us-where-youre-going-so-we-can-stick-together Some solutions already posted in there

Sign in to comment in this discussion.