Clem doesn't need a relationship.

Comments

• This whole time Dex was mainly referring to Goku

You know me so well?

Ghetsis posted: »

Mate, you're just making yourself look bad. This whole time Dex was mainly referring to Goku, hence wife. It's not a serious or debatable topic, but if it were, then I'd agree with you.

• I agree, this game has turned into a soap opera.
    But I think this is devs fault.
    You are forced to follow either Louis or Violet, so no options for me or others like me who prefer to mind their own business, and now devs said that canon Clementine is bisex, regardless of the choices I made in episode 2.
    Also, I know people would say "omg it's 2018 grow up" and crap like that, but knowing that one of my favourite char is bisex, so she also likes same people of her gender, it makes me unconfortable.
    "This game series adapts to the choices you make. The story is tailored by how you play", nevermind Clem is bisex because we say so, regardless of what were your choices.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

As much as I campaigned for Clem having a determinant relationship back then, I sort of regret doing it because of stuff like this. I feared

• You don't take a something serious if Goku is mentioned.

Jimayo posted: »

Fictional character is the best you can do. Shocker.

• She's gotta experience it for the sake of experiencing it. She's a teen living in a terrible situation. Let her live a little, y'know?

• Yes, but like I said in a previous comment, now is not the time. I'll just quote that comment : "You need to have something stable first.You work to build it. The way things are right now, a relationship is completely unnecessary. "

Pride posted: »

She's gotta experience it for the sake of experiencing it. She's a teen living in a terrible situation. Let her live a little, y'know?

• edited October 2018

That's not realistic though, to Clementine the only stability are the presence of the walkers. Everyone she has ever known besides AJ and possibly Christa and Kenny has died or is otherwise gone from her life just as soon as they appear.

Love is fickle in the apocalypse. It makes a certain amount of sense to reach for it when it seems to appear. You build relations quickly so you can know who to stick to.

Luciann10 posted: »

Yes, but like I said in a previous comment, now is not the time. I'll just quote that comment : "You need to have something stable first.You work to build it. The way things are right now, a relationship is completely unnecessary. "

• edited October 2018

Clementine is a strong, independent black woman, and she don't need no man.....

but maybe a woman????? ;)

• edited October 2018

If it makes you uncomfortable that a Videogame character is bi, then it may be because you and people that feel the same still aren't ready to finally enter the 21th century.

Also: you clearly have never watched a soap opera If you think that those 10 - 15 minute scenes per episode are enough to classify it as such.

Gauss99 posted: »

I agree, this game has turned into a soap opera. But I think this is devs fault. You are forced to follow either Louis or Violet, so no op

• Well Luke and Jane followed what you did and look at what happened to them.

Survival is not just about physical health, fighting walkers, finding good, keeping oneself fit, etc, it's also about mental health. What ke

• Just like ANF.

To give them just a bit of slack, it's not like the story and half the characters are that interesting or developed right now.

As much as I campaigned for Clem having a determinant relationship back then, I sort of regret doing it because of stuff like this. I feared

• edited October 2018

Exactly. People think we're prudes but the fact is all this melodramatic shipping fanservice (which it is) often does more harm than good.

• I honestly wanted there to be one optional romance, not two because...well, you can see why lol.

Exactly. People think we're prudes but the fact is all this melodramatic shipping fanservice (which it is) often does more harm than good.

• I agree, but why does that make you uncomfortable? Why are you so annoyed that she is bi? I don't like it either btw.

I agree, this game has turned into a soap opera. But I think this is devs fault. You are forced to follow either Louis or Violet, so no op

• edited October 2018

If it makes you uncomfortable that a Videogame character is bi, then it may be because you and people that feel the same still aren't ready to finally enter the 21th century.

This statement is getting old, if that's so I'm happy I am still not ready to finally enter in 21th century.
    It seems like in all those new videogames, devs are too keen to please the lbgt crowd with all these stupid sexuality crap, like Chloe or Ellie or Clementine and so on.
    I miss the times where devs were too busy to make good games instead to focus on petty and useless crap like if a character is bisex or not.
    Seems they're doing a fine work tho, since there are so many threads about this stupid shipping thing that the game and its story is secondary right now, hell is hilarious how people are getting banned, insulting each others because for some Louis is better than Violet or the way around. At least this is the good thing about that, so I can have a good laugh about all of this.

GSSalvador posted: »

If it makes you uncomfortable that a Videogame character is bi, then it may be because you and people that feel the same still aren't ready

• Well, you're part of the "problem". If being LBGT+ was accepted in the society already, which it should've been years ago, then there wouldn't be much of a push to beginn with.

There's just no other way to make people like you finally understand that this is important to a lot of people.

If it makes you uncomfortable that a Videogame character is bi, then it may be because you and people that feel the same still aren't ready

• well its ur clem she can be what you want her to be
    i like mines with louis i think she can handle a relationship and surviving imo

• The 21th century? Really folks?

• Ahhh, these forums are in a bad place now..

• It's a good thing we have OUR DISCORD SERVER :)

NexusFire posted: »

Ahhh, these forums are in a bad place now..

• IT CERTAINLY IS

Dex-Starr posted: »

It's a good thing we have OUR DISCORD SERVER

• edited October 2018

Ye clearly keep making videogames with bisex characters will fix this problem then.
    Well I can't say they're not trying hard though, in every new games they're making it seems that there isn't a "normal" character with "normal orientation" anymore.
    Was that really necessary to make that statement about Clem orientation? Why not just making the player to decide? I mean things were just fine before that tweet from that dev, and it seems I'm not the only one who is pissed off because what I decided in episode 2 doesn't matter anymore.
    All this shitstorm is devs fault.

GSSalvador posted: »

Well, you're part of the "problem". If being LBGT+ was accepted in the society already, which it should've been years ago, then there wouldn

• It's a craixite dictatorship. No commies

It's a good thing we have OUR DISCORD SERVER

• Well.... fuck.

Craixite posted: »

It's a craixite dictatorship. No commies

• edited October 2018

It's even the game's fault. I could swear it feels like they've spent more time building Violet and Louis's characters, and therefore their romances, up than actually developing the plot and the rest of the cast (Erickson's kids (especially Omar and Tenn (who is also main cast last I remember?)), James, Lilly, Abel). And I mean it wasn't even worth it. The romance scenes felt flat. Mix that with even flatter, uncontroversial, major decisions and boom, you have the community fighting over romances the whole season.

• edited October 2018

It's what happens when devs butt in their objectivity about our own personal choices. TT games as they are already have little to no personal choices at all.

Might as well come out and say Clem shooting Kenny is the objectively canon choice... I'd be happy with that.

I wonder what other determinant choices are secretly canon.

NexusFire posted: »

Ahhh, these forums are in a bad place now..

• Though there is no possibility I could ever convince you. I've tried living on my own without relationships with people and it is lonely as fuck. All that it's told me is that living for your own purposes is stupid as fuck. It's why I think giving Clem as many connections to people as possible is what will make it all worthwhile. Other than that, what sets her apart from a rotten fuckface that eats people for self gain?

• That's because they have.

And even, Louis is even more obviously the more developed of the two than he was in Episode 1.

The romance scenes felt flat.

And weird or determinantly uncomfortable, respectively

It's even the game's fault. I could swear it feels like they've spent more time building Violet and Louis's characters, and therefore their

• she don't need no man

Double negative. She needs a man and it's this guy

Clementine is a strong, independent black woman, and she don't need no man..... (Spoiler)

• edited October 2018

No it's this guy ?

(This is meme. Gabentine bad.)

she don't need no man Double negative. She needs a man and it's this guy

• edited October 2018

I don't know man, every time I see Louis face I chuckle irl, that dude really has a dumb face imho...
    Probably is the first time ever I dont like anything from a character: his face, character design, personality, voice and whatsoever.
    But that's just my humble opinion.

she don't need no man Double negative. She needs a man and it's this guy

• Welcome to Antishipping Gang Luciann

Remember kids: fans can't be creepy about a relationship if there is no relationship.

• edited October 2018

idk i think that romantic attraction is very normal and healthy, especially at her age??? whether she needs it or not isn't really something that should be considered because the same was never said about any of the romance within any other twdg game. i just don't really see the harm in adding romance options, especially since it's purely optional

edit since i saw more drama but uh: i feel like clem being bisexual is something that you can easily ignore if it bothers you that much, especially since complaining about it won't change the fact that it's canon and a now very concrete, set-in-stone part of her character

• What they had was sex, not love. There's a difference.

Well Luke and Jane followed what you did and look at what happened to them.

• @Miguel_1219 Please tell me you're not siding with Gabe, I barely hear any of this nowadays

...What?

I don't know man, every time I see Louis face I chuckle irl, that dude really has a dumb face imho... Probably is the first time ever I don

• Imagine if Telltale had never made Clem grow up, i.e. her maturity would remain at season 2 max. This community would be such a peaceful place. I know it would be lame to never make her grow up throughout these seasons, but yeah, just saying.

• You can't have been around when the first bouts of Kenny/Jane was happening. Season 2 was the least peaceful time this forum has ever seen.

Razer531 posted: »

Imagine if Telltale had never made Clem grow up, i.e. her maturity would remain at season 2 max. This community would be such a peaceful place. I know it would be lame to never make her grow up throughout these seasons, but yeah, just saying.

• I wasn't active on forums back then. Was it such a feud? I'd expect everyone to have hated Jane.

Nikolaj-11 posted: »

You can't have been around when the first bouts of Kenny/Jane was happening. Season 2 was the least peaceful time this forum has ever seen.

• People that sided with Jane was in the majority back then. I don't know if they still are.

Razer531 posted: »

I wasn't active on forums back then. Was it such a feud? I'd expect everyone to have hated Jane.

• Nani?

DabigRG posted: »

@Miguel_1219 Please tell me you're not siding with Gabe, I barely hear any of this nowadays ...What?

• edited October 2018

Again, by "relationship" I meant romance, not friendships. Like I said in another comment : "You need to have something stable first.You work to build it. The way things are right now, a relationship is completely unnecessary. "

Though there is no possibility I could ever convince you. I've tried living on my own without relationships with people and it is lonely as

Sign in to comment in this discussion.