Red Dead Redemption 2 thread

124»

Comments

• Finished the game a week ago.....now I can say that red dead redemption 2 is the second to twd s1 that makes me depressed and cry like a little baby after the ending....

• edited January 2019

Just finished the ending to red dead 2. I honestly saw the ending coming, after being told by many people that the ending was depressing, as well as thumbnails showing up of Arthur in a bad way, as well as one guy who flat out told me he dies, I still felt hella sad nonetheless. Nearly cried during the goodbye scene with the horse that gets hit. I cried both times watching that scene, which officially means that the ending of red dead 2 is more emotional than the walking dead season 1. Gonna wrap up the epilogue and then restart from scratch, but take it slower

• edited January 2019

I love this game more than the first one so far but the controls could have been done a little bit better.

• If you're having problems with your horse running into things, try not to use your analogue stick as much. The game is programed to have the horse automatically go around most obstacles as long as you only press the run button. The horse will even stop at a rock from full speed as long as you don't give any directional input.

AronDracula posted: »

I love this game more than the first one so far but the controls could have been done a little bit better.

• Been having a tonne of fun taking 19th century style selfies, both online and off

• There are apparently some people out there who do a good impression of Arthur Morgan and Dutch van der Linde. It is fuckin hilarious

• Having beaten the first I expected things to go the way they did. That last mission and "Thank you" shook me tho.

Melton23 posted: »

(Spoiler)

• I didn’t expect Arthur to die tbf. I knew the ending of the first game, but I fully expected Arthur to straight up leave the gang and to retire someplace else, hanging up with guns and going off the grid so he didn’t have to be hunted down by the Pinkertons, while we will then assume control as John Marston to continue the rest. At least I was half right.

Having beaten the first I expected things to go the way they did. That last mission and "Thank you" shook me tho.

• When TB happened... I'm a big fan of Tombstone lol, I knew what was going down :(

I didn’t expect Arthur to die tbf. I knew the ending of the first game, but I fully expected Arthur to straight up leave the gang and to ret

• It would have been a pleasure if you used the spoiler tag, SIR!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t expect Arthur to die tbf. I knew the ending of the first game, but I fully expected Arthur to straight up leave the gang and to ret

• Ah don't worry, for this particular game even when u get spoiled by anything...when u experience it in person it feels just like u didn't know it happened....that's kinda one of the many charms this game has.

It would have been a pleasure if you used the spoiler tag, SIR!!!!!!!!!!!

• Tbf it was a reply to something without a spoiler tag so I thought it wouldn’t matter ? sorry. But that’s just one of the endings. Maybe Arthur lives in another, maybe he doesn’t, maybe it’s a secret, maybe it ain’t. ?

It would have been a pleasure if you used the spoiler tag, SIR!!!!!!!!!!!

• I fucking finally finished the main story of Red Dead Redemption 2. This game was so fucking long but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It's one of the best open world games I've ever played. The story was amazing, I liked Arthur's character and cried at the end. My complaint about it is the gameplay controls, this game trying too hard to feel like a movie, even Uncharted and The Last of Us weren't trying to be more cinematic in terms of gameplay. Also, I feel like the length was just over-the-top, I don't mind games trying not to be short but the epilogue of this game was a nightmare in terms of that, I mean it's nice that we get to (SPOILERS, DO NOT READ FURTHER) play as John in some missions but it makes no sense for it to be called the "Epilogue", could have just called it "Chapter 7".

I honestly wasn't a huge fan of the first Red Dead Redemption but after playing RDR2, I want to play the first game for the second time.

• I don’t really mind the controls. I find driving a horse to be a total nightmare, probably the reason why I spend more time forcing my horse off of cliffs and leaving it there to suffer for a while rather than actually bonding with it.

But I think it makes perfect sense for the epilogue to be called “epilogue”. The main story for red dead follow Arthur Morgan, unfortunately, he dies at the end, therefore his story his finished, what do most stories have to wrap things up? An epilogue, which is what we got in terms of how John built his house, how we got some closure for Arthur’s death by taking our revenge on Micah and what happened to the rest of the gang members.

I fucking finally finished the main story of Red Dead Redemption 2. This game was so fucking long but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It's one of

• Yeah but the epilogue shouldn't have been that long anyway. Hell, it's even split in 2 parts (This is something that should have been true about The Walking Dead A New Frontier though. THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE AN EPISODE SO LONG IT GETS SPLIT IN 2 PARTS, Dickhead Bruner), some of the missions are cool but kind of pointless, especially the bounty missions with Sadie, 2 of them felt pretty unnecessary for the main plot other than just earning money, I presume.

I find driving a horse to be a total nightmare, probably the reason why I spend more time forcing my horse off of cliffs and leaving it there to suffer for a while rather than actually bonding with it.

So you didn't get the cutscene where (SPOILERS, DO NOT READ FURTHER) Arthur says goodbye to his horse? It hit me so hard, I really wasn't expecting that moment.
    Also forgot to mention that the fast travel system sucks, there is no option to fast travel when you're in the middle of nowhere. Definitely not a fan of button-mashing my X button to sprint my horse. I did use the cinematic letterboxes to have the horse to go automatically which I learned later on but it sucks that you have to keep watching because you still encounter random events no matter what.

I don’t really mind the controls. I find driving a horse to be a total nightmare, probably the reason why I spend more time forcing my horse

• edited January 2019

I did get that cutscene, but i’m Currently on my second playthrough. In my first my horse wasn’t an absolute dickhead and didn't run away at the slightest sign of danger and didn’t get me killed, losing my perfect/legendary pelts, so I did cry for him, but this new horse...low-key can’t wait until she dies ? gta 5 has the same button mashing mechanics, I just like to think of it as thumbnails exercise so I’m used to it. I also like to get invested in the environment so idc about fast travel, I KNOW for a fact that the game is not meant for people to blast through the story in one go, you HAVE to do timed side quests, hunt some legendary animals and all that in between as there are some missable items that you cannot unlock as JM, or even Arthur if you’re in the wrong chapter.

In terms of the epilogue, I feel like the Sadie missions were there so we know what Sadie has been doing all this time, and how good she was at it, and there are only two of them so it’s not that bad. I feel like the epilogue serves it’s purpose at setting up the first game well enough, such as what triggers John into buying his house (pronghorn arc) how he met back up with Uncle, how he built the house and even how Micah is not seen in the first game by avenging Arthur’s death, even though Micah did not directly cause his death [Good ending]

Edit: after a bit of thinking, I’d like to point out that each epilogue chapter is half the size of an actual chapter, and 2 parts are needed because there are 2 different camps

Yeah but the epilogue shouldn't have been that long anyway. Hell, it's even split in 2 parts (This is something that should have been true a

• Finished the game last night, now I can view this thread instead of avoiding it like the plague in fear of spoilers.

• Funny enough, I just finished the game for the second time.

TheFurryOne posted: »

Finished the game last night, now I can view this thread instead of avoiding it like the plague in fear of spoilers.

• Spoilers for an amazing secret in the game’s endgame:

If you return to the camps as John Marston, you can hear ghostly voices of the past gang members. So far I managed to get Lenny saying “Arthur” Uncle singing ring dang do and Sean singing his drunken Irish song

• so yall think theres gonna be single player dlc or is rockstar gonna make 75% of it and then cut it because online makes more money?

low key hoping rdo keeps not doing that hot so they make single player content

• I hope they do a 50/50 balance of both online and story, seeing as I prefer both when it comes to a game. I want online to receive tonnes of new content, with cheaper items and quality of life’s updates but I want those things to also affect single player.

Undead nightmare 2 and a Jack Marston dlc wouldn’t me too bad neither, pls pls R*

Poogers555 posted: »

so yall think theres gonna be single player dlc or is rockstar gonna make 75% of it and then cut it because online makes more money? low key hoping rdo keeps not doing that hot so they make single player content

• With all the backlash that this game is getting for the garbage online mode, it gives me hope for Rockstar to give up on it and make a story DLC instead.

• I wouldn’t count on it. The same thing happened with GTA online... only the opposite. Sort of. Gta online started off bad, but then it became amazing, probably better than the story mode, but then heists happened, which was the last dlc of the golden age, which ironically kicked off the over-expensive items and rockstar hammering down on micro transactions and unrealistic vehicles.

Red dead Online started off bad as well, but unlike gtao it also started with micro transactions in the “beta” as well as over-expensive items. So what I’m going to assume will happen will be that Rockstar will improve the overall experience and items will be placed at a lower price. If not, we’ll at least have the better experience

With all the backlash that this game is getting for the garbage online mode, it gives me hope for Rockstar to give up on it and make a story DLC instead.

• GTA Online had a rough start but there were still more people playing compared to RDO, which for now has way less players, because is still had content that made players give it a chance like race challenges, PVP and stuff. The new update for RDO did nothing but make things worse, according to the players. I don't know how they are going to make an online multiplayer western become an enjoyable experience unless they add stupid mods like flying horses, old-school vehicles, UFOs etc. I never played the RDR1 multiplayer mode but I don't think we will ever see that type of experience again.

I wouldn’t count on it. The same thing happened with GTA online... only the opposite. Sort of. Gta online started off bad, but then it becam

• We definitely will have an improved online in the future, but it could be a ways off. I’ve technically played the RDO1 online, for like 5 mins, and as soon as I spawned some dickhead scoped me. You couldn’t make your own character in that one, which was the most disappointing feature but you could play as Dutch and all that. Anyway I’d give R* some time. Don’t be too harsh to them with your wording because that won’t benefit anyone, but express your problems and don’t pay for the gold bars in the meantime

GTA Online had a rough start but there were still more people playing compared to RDO, which for now has way less players, because is still

• I have somethings to criticize about RDR2, not that I hate the game but there are some things that just ruins the game and makes it far from being the best of the generation.

Hunting mechanics
    This is probably the worst activity of the whole game. I've been trying to upgrade my satchel for new item slots but after upgrading it 2 times, it doesn't make that much of a difference because your reward is to hold more food, medicine and ammo. That's it, it just feels the same. The way we have to kill animals makes no sense. It tells us to use a specific weapon to get a perfect pelt. Even you use a bow and arrows on an animal and aim for its head, the game still says you got either a poor or good pelt, even if Arthur skins the chests only. I remember playing Assassin's Creed 3, which is the most underrated AC installment imo, and that game had WAYYY better animal hunting activities.

Weapon selections
    For a game full of details everywhere, it has NO option to sell or get rid of weapons that I don't want to use. Like seriously, why do we waste so much time scrolling for the weapons in our horses' satchel? It always happened to me to pull out a weapon that I never meant to use. It's fucking ridiculous. I never wanted to keep the rifle that I got from the beginning because I got better guns like Bolt Action Rifle.

Witness system
    Rockstar, why did you steal this feature from Mafia 3? It isn't challenging, it's fucking frustrating. If you commit a crime upon a witness, another pedestrian dares to report to the sheriffs or the police. I remember someone was taunting me and put up a fight on me, I beat him in self-defense and a pedestrian still tried to tell on me. It never should have existed, it's broken as shit.

Horse controls
    How many times did you fall of your horse because you unintentionally ran into a tree, a rock or a wagon? We are riding horses, not bikes for fuckssakes. It isn't realistic for a horse to just hurt itself intentionally even if its owner tells it to. Also, why the fuck do they have to stay in the same location we left them? What I mean is that you have to be very close to the area where they stand to call them out instead of just having them spawn out of nowhere. I remember having to go on foot a lot after stealing the oil tank for John's train heist mission. Also, why the fuck are they coming slow towards us when they get close?

Mask
    No matter what kind of mask you wear, every sheriff and cop will always recognize you as Arthur Morgan if they spot you. What kind of shit is this, Rockstar?

Honor System
    You do something negative, you lose a lot of points. You do something positive, you don't get a lot of points.

Fast travel
    It's fucking garbage. Rockstar never lets you skip your way to the camp. Button mashing the X or A button to sprint the horse was never fun to me. Using the cinematic camera to auto-ride your horse is broken because your horse can't pay attention to shit and you have to keep your eyes on Arthur and take control when an random event happens around you.

Exploration
    This is something that I don't want to happen in The Last of Us 2. Arthur moves so fucking slow when he loots bodies, chests, drawers and houses. It ruins the fun. You can accidentally pick up a body when you meant to loot something, it happens every time.

Still love the game but nothing is perfect.

• I have a few things that’ll fix these issues, I was also confused about some of them at first until I looked into them

Hunting: if you notice (took me a while to figure this out) but not every animal starts off as perfect, you need to look at the bottom right while you are focused on them to see the star rating, so make sure you’re killing only the 3 stars with the right weapon for a perfect pelt. I kind f like this feature, because 1 and 2 star animals are implied to have previously been in “hardy situations”.

Weapons: it’s really a matter of personal preference. If you don’t want a weapon, don’t buy it unless it is unlocked in a mission, but seeing as I am a collector and they all go into the compendium, and count towards 100% completion I had to go for them all. I think it’s better because of realism (for a game) and it allows us the opportunity to carry weapons on our person without needing to back out into some other menu to swap the load out.

Witness: fair play. Decent system but needs updating.

Horse controls: one of the outcomes for realistic gameplay. Like humans, horses can sometimes make mistakes, especially when some nutjobs like us are leading them into someplace they shouldn’t be. Branches especially, they’d at least know the branch won’t hit them, the rider on the other hand is a different story. I’m used to the riding, I’m quite good at it now, but when I first got the game I couldn’t go anywhere without slamming my head on a branch or tripping over a rock I expected my horse to jump over.

Mask:this actually shouldn’t be the case... are you doing it right? At first I kind a messed it up by equipping a mask in the middle of a down or where other NPC’s were instead of going to a secluded area where I wouldn’t be seen equipping the mask. I know for certain that bandanas aren’t rlly that effective if you equip it soon after being in the view of witnesses, though actual masks are a different story.

Honour:this honestly depends on your actions, and each should be balanced out evenly. Ways to gain and lose honour, from best to worse, are murdering people and saving lives, robbing and helping, stealing from homes and donating to the camp as well as looting bodies and doing chores. These were just a few examples, but they both gain the same amount of points depending on whether it’s a good or bad action if that makes sense.

Fast travel:fair enough for your first few weeks of playing, but after a while the world begins to feel smaller and fast travel is less of an issue. I don’t normally fast travel in games anyway, unless it’s an elderscrolls or fallout game, mostly due to how I prefer exploration. I do, however, fast travel if it’s from Saint Denis to tumbleweed/Blackwater or something like that.

Exploration: I see things differently, but at the end of the day this one is mostly a matter of personal preference.

I have somethings to criticize about RDR2, not that I hate the game but there are some things that just ruins the game and makes it far from

Sign in to comment in this discussion.