Quality Spike in Episode 4?

2»

Comments

• Read my DM it's important

Looking at this after spending $100+ on Rdr2 recently, I feel so goddamn privileged. Man I bought so many copies of Twd.

• How do you know? Is it how the names are similiar (sleep merchant and void ghost)

iFoRias posted: »

It's still him just on a different account.

• I looked on his profile and there's a post from September saying that he was the "Lead designer" and who is Sleep merchant ? It's Michael Kirkbride the season Lead designer,so yeah i'm pretty sure it's him just on a different account.

Ghetsis posted: »

How do you know? Is it how the names are similiar (sleep merchant and void ghost)

• I'm not arguing about whether it's a great game or that you should love it. I'm arguing that $40 isn't the extreme price tag that you're making it out to be. The price isn't bad at all even if the game isn't great, the overwhelming majority of games sell for $60 retail.

40$ for a game like this is a joke,i would not pay that much even for a telltale game that's it. This is not a AAA game,this is an episod

• I probably need to see if I can either get Life of Strange real cheap or just watch a walkthrough so all this obsessive quibbling can make a little more sense.

Or just watch E;R's video.

• I enjoyed the first Life is Strange when it came out then after a while i just realized how flawed the game was,the second game improved a bit,they're actually trying this time,i'd say give it a chance you might like it who knows.

DabigRG posted: »

I probably need to see if I can either get Life of Strange real cheap or just watch a walkthrough so all this obsessive quibbling can make a little more sense. Or just watch E;R's video.

• I'm assuming you're a child/teen with no job. Gaming is actually pretty inexpensive when you work atleast part-time.

$40 really isn't a lot of money YES,it is. that has a lot of work put into it and actually makes decisions matter I'm

• I might like a game about two waterboard California white girls in high school who might be gay timetraveling.
    ...Okay.

I enjoyed the first Life is Strange when it came out then after a while i just realized how flawed the game was,the second game improved a bit,they're actually trying this time,i'd say give it a chance you might like it who knows.

• I'm saying it's a lot of money for a game like this,there's only been one episode and even if i enjoyed it i would never pay full price for the game,i already talked about it it's done,let's move on.

I'm assuming you're a child/teen with no job. Gaming is actually pretty inexpensive when you work atleast part-time.

• edited January 2019

Even then $60 dollars is a remarkable price tag given that's been the standard price of video games since forever. If you're adjusting for economic inflation, standard video games should actually be way more expensive.

I'm not arguing about whether it's a great game or that you should love it. I'm arguing that $40 isn't the extreme price tag that you're mak

• Is it a Retail/SeasonPass version?

I'm saying it's a lot of money for a game like this,there's only been one episode and even if i enjoyed it i would never pay full price for the game,i already talked about it it's done,let's move on.

• The Season pass for season 2 cost 40 fucking dollars.

I ended up buying the first episode on sale for 4$ and i'll buy the episode 2-5 bundle when it's on sales too probably.

DabigRG posted: »

Is it a Retail/SeasonPass version?

• Oh, well that doesn't seem that bad.

I ended up buying the first episode on sale for 4$ and i'll buy the episode 2-5 bundle when it's on sales too probably.

Oh...

The Season pass for season 2 cost 40 fucking dollars. I ended up buying the first episode on sale for 4$ and i'll buy the episode 2-5 bundle when it's on sales too probably.

• And this is why microtransactions exist.

Even then $60 dollars is a remarkable price tag given that's been the standard price of video games since forever. If you're adjusting for economic inflation, standard video games should actually be way more expensive.

• This fully offends me

I'm assuming you're a child/teen with no job. Gaming is actually pretty inexpensive when you work atleast part-time.

• How the hell did we get from rewrites in Episode 4 and Melissa Hutchison voice acting to discussing Life is Strange and its price? As much as I hate Life is Strange and enjoy ragging on it at every turn, I think it's time to get back on track.

Oh, and $40 is completely ridiculous for this game, but hey, the first one was incredibly popular, so it's quite understandable that prices would go up. It's how the free market works.

• edited January 2019

Yup, It's why microtransactions and modern DLCs and Season Passes and other stuff of similar nature exist. These things didn't really exist in gaming 20 years ago.

And this is why microtransactions exist.

• Awww but we like talking bad about life is strange every chance we get and even before the storm was terrible

How the hell did we get from rewrites in Episode 4 and Melissa Hutchison voice acting to discussing Life is Strange and its price? As much a

• To be honest I think Telltale might have actually survived if they had upped their price for the season pass and individual episodes...

a $20 season pass for 6-12 hours of content spread over the course of a lengthy time period is crazy cheap in my opinion.

I don't think LiS maintains its survival if not for that price tag.

How the hell did we get from rewrites in Episode 4 and Melissa Hutchison voice acting to discussing Life is Strange and its price? As much a

• But if not many people were buying their games at a $20-25 range, then I'm sure even less people would buy them at a $40 price tag, and I don't think the difference in revenue earned from raising the price tag would compensate for the amount of people not paying for the games as a result of the price increase. To pay something like $40 for games like S2 or ANF, which have about 6-8 hours of content, would anger a lot of people. And $40 for a point and click adventure game would be out of a person's willingness to pay.

Economics involves a lot of math and calculation, as well as understanding the consumer. It's why I can talk at great length about economic principles, but not so much as to the math involved because I absolutely suck at that part, but Telltale's practices over the years displayed a considerable lack of knowledge surrounding their consumers. While consumers were moving on to other games or growing tired of the same old stuff, instead of adapting with the changing times and evolving, the company hunkered down on their failing method and just kept trying to recreate the magic of S1 into every new product. And it got so bad that people weren't even finding the games at a $20-25 price tag as worth it for them. Raising the prices would have only angered and alienated more people, and that's not good for a business.

To be honest I think Telltale might have actually survived if they had upped their price for the season pass and individual episodes...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.