Am I the only one...

Who liked the third episode? I'm seeing all of these threads of people complaining and being "disappointed" and I dont't get it?
I think the episode was pretty solid, not season 1-solid, but pretty good nonetheless. There were some touching (Lee & Clem on the train) and some really hard hitting (Louis' tongue) scenes and the episode had it's own theme, that was developed well enough. Sure, the questions of whether or not you should spare human life, if you should be violent or not, or if you can preserve yours and others humanity in inhumane circumstances have been explored before (even in this series), but I still think it was executed very well here.
Questioning our perception of walkers as dead things with zero awareness was also a nice touch and fit well with the overall theme of the episode.
(And yes, Lilly was one-dimensional)

I think (especially considering the circumstances in which it was produced) this episode is pretty good. I at least am thankful towards everyone who worked on it, even after being treated so badly by telltale management

Tagged:

Comments

• You are not alone man I love this season I just wanna know when the disc copy comes out

• To be honest I don't expect much from this series anymore anyways so I'm fine with just a couple good moments. This series should have ended after season 2 and this episode in my opinion is just reinforcing that opinion.

We are now playing a game where we are leading a group of teenagers in blowing up a boat because the series lasted longer than it should. So I am not gonna fret about things too much because I made up my mind about this series long ago and just enjoy the bits and pieces that stick out to me.

• Im pretty sure most people dont think the episode was bad, just that the ending was disappointing. The whole Lilly thing and how shes so disposable already after not being well developed after she returns is understandable for being disappointing. It doesnt help the finale episode looks like there wont be a true goal considering we've pretty much already dealt with the Delta, which means it might be a repeat of other disappointing finales like Season 2's just following Arvo and ANF's random save Richmond stuff.

Also this is the third time they just kill the antagonist the episode after they are introduced. Carver shows up in ep 2, dies in ep 3. Joan appears in episode 3, dies in episode 4 (or just disapears forever) Lilly appears in episode 2, dies in episode 3. I feel them keep doing this just keeps hurting the finales, the game is all built around this whole you vs the enemy, and then they just end it and move on to something else for the last episode making things feel disjointed. Really hoping episode 4 wraps up the series well and they have something great under their sleeve, I just dont want this to be another repeat of the same formula.

• I see your point. But I didn't kill Lilly, so naturally I wasn't left with the same impression.
    As for the next episode, I think we'll just have to wait and see what they do with it. But I can see how there could be structural problems based on the antagonist being basically defeated in this one.

Poogers555 posted: »

Im pretty sure most people dont think the episode was bad, just that the ending was disappointing. The whole Lilly thing and how shes so dis

• I loved it so much. I'm about to play it again, just to upload it on my youtube channel.

• Yeah I really loved it. I don’t know why people are complaining

• My opinion, this was my favourite Episode! It was a little better than Episode 2 but Episode 1 was absolutely amazing!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.