Can we all just agree to pump the brakes on the negativity?

2»

Comments

• Batman Season 2 was kinda average for me in the end. Kinda had the same problem with what Final Season is doing right now, started out really strong but feels like its losing steam towards the end. They also kinda ruined the Batman and Bruce Wayne dynamic in the game because all the Bruce scenes you were just under cover doing Batman shit, just as Bruce Wayne. I did really like the 2 different episode 5's but the ending to that game kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, which is why Im terrified Final Season will end like it did. Just a very sudden cut to black with "Title." Endings mean a lot, and that was a super weak ending regardless of what that final choice you do is. It still didnt reach that old Telltale magic for me, but it was 100% a fresh of breath air and going to the right direction after ANF, Minecraft 2, and GOTG.

Ghetsis posted: »

Aw, come on Poogs Bman S2 was pretty good imo! I actually had feels, I actually recommended that game to several people. TFS is a hit or miss, it's good but not for everyone, I love Clem and AJ but teenage romances are eh for me.

• Fair enough, it had old Telltale magic for me though. I didn't mind the ending, what they did with Alfred and to a lesser extent Tiffany was good. Broken Toys' ending left a bitter taste because it reminded me of Thicker Than Water's ending

Poogers555 posted: »

Batman Season 2 was kinda average for me in the end. Kinda had the same problem with what Final Season is doing right now, started out reall

• I agree with a lot of this.

This season is probably the absolute weakest when it comes to choices though, the only exception the climax of Episode 3 where they finally put in meaningful ones again. To kill Lily and possibly screw up AJ or not kill Lily, perhaps sparing AJ but losing James?

The romance... was forced. Definitely forced, but they do always allow you to friendzone it even though you're subtly shamed for it by character reactions being disappointed.

But yeah, the Lily hate is overblown. I never agreed with making her fully redeemable. Having her chop off fingers and body parts was a bit much though and her plan just seems stupid. You wanna recruit a bunch of kids that you yourself referred to as "idiots" and even Abel is non-impressed by, calling them "little sprouts who could barely hold a gun"?

I don't mind the story being simple or mainly centered around the boarding school but the characters just aren't as strong. Sure the main players shine through (of course Clem and AJ) like Violet, Brody, Marlon, Louis, Lily, Tenn, Abel, and so on, and there were even minor ones who I grew to like, like Willy, but James wasn't doing it for me, Omar is just Cook the Character, Aasim is marginally better but bleh, Ruby is somewhere in the middle but she could've done just a bit more, etc.

But overall, I agree that the sheer level of ungratefulness pisses even me off. I mean for improvement, you have to give praise where its due, not just criticism. I mean god, some of us are parents on this forum right? Ever heard that positive reinforcement works better kids too? You don't just say "No you can't do this" all the time but "yes that was so nice what you did there"

• Yes, let us pump the brakes on this subject. Some people are just so damn negative these days... o:)

• I agree with a lot of this. Choices have been pretty weak overall and many characters character development pretty much dropped off at this point. I disagree with Lilly though, seems many people claiming people mad about Lilly wanted a redemption arch but that isn't true, most didn't. Most wanted an antagonist whos motives made sense,and for Lilly's inclusion to feel justified instead of "Its Lilly!!!" and thats it.

Also theres been plenty of positive reinforcement for eps 1 and 2, its just episode 3 took a step the wrong way, and naturally most complaints accumulated into episode 3 thus why it seems you're seeing more negative attitudes than positive. Eps 1 and 2 were pretty highly praised. Then episode 3 came in. In order to give "positive reinforcement" for improvement, you're going to have to give a criticism and then back it up with a positive. Episode 3 has more negatives than positives, which is why you see more negative attitudes. HUBS were streamlined pretty hard in episode 3, less stuff to interact with and the collectibles were basically in your face, so something wildly praised last time dropped in quality. Character growth also went down in episode 3, and again choices not feeling like they really matter again. That plus the Delta group being really poorly written makes the whole plot feel weak as they are suppose to be the point of conflict in the game, yet feel so poorly done, making the conflict feel poor. But to give a positive on ep 3, I did enjoy the character interactions still, even if none of them really have any growth or depth.

I agree with a lot of this. This season is probably the absolute weakest when it comes to choices though, the only exception the climax o

• Episode 3 was a step down, so I can see that now that you put it into words but as far as the choices, at least the ones you made before culminate into bigger repercussions later, the most serious of which being who you chose to save.

I mean you can either get a broken Louis with his tongue cut out, only able to sob and curl up in fear at the very mention of Lily in the corner or a betrayed Violet who won't even let you try to escape without putting up a fight first. Then when you try to tell her about the bomb, she flat out says fuck you and barks at you to go.

And again, weighing the pros and cons of letting AJ kill another person when he already has a shaky grasp on morality or sparing Lily only to lose another character moments later is a real meaty task. I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion about that choice alone.

And yeah, the Delta don't seem nearly as threatening a group as they did before. Honestly, they seem like a bunch of pussies or incompetent idiots. Kind of like Carver's community. Troy was such a try-hard but once you take away his gun and his dick, he's a sniveling little baby.

I agree with a lot of this. Choices have been pretty weak overall and many characters character development pretty much dropped off at this

• The whole AJ learns from you concept has kinda fallen flat for me. Could have easily made it so based on everything you taught him up to this moment, he decides to kill Lilly or not, but instead they make you choose, doesnt matter what've youve taught AJ ahead of time. Similar to how they did the whole bs "Joker changes based on your actions" for Bamtan 2, where in reality nothing you do with him matters other than 1 choice.

Episode 3 was a step down, so I can see that now that you put it into words but as far as the choices, at least the ones you made before cul

• Could have easily made it so based on everything you taught him up to this moment, he decides to kill Lilly or not

Huh. That is an interesting experiment and Clementine will actually do this in the final part of Season One if Lee does not tell her what to do. Based on what you did, she will either shoot or leave him, but you'd have to let the timer run out.

But do you think the fans would like that or would that feel cheap, since a decision is being made outside of your direct input? Because I saw that as possibly the final time you have real control over AJ's outlook. Once you tell him to shoot or not, whatever happens next is probably a done deal.

I could be wrong of course.

The whole AJ learns from you concept has kinda fallen flat for me. Could have easily made it so based on everything you taught him up to thi

• edited February 2019

I find it to be disappointing because they make Aj kill Marlon no matter what, even if everything you taught him at that moment would go against doing that, just for AJ to be given another chance to kill someone, but this time you choose for him, instead of what seemed to make more sense of, "Now that AJ has killed, based on what you teach him, if given the chance again, he will either kill or not kill based on what you told him about the situation" but nope they threw it away and made it a regular choice instead of having everything youve taught AJ feel like it has a real impact.

Could have easily made it so based on everything you taught him up to this moment, he decides to kill Lilly or not Huh. That is an i

• Go to the subreddit. It’s more active and less cancer.

• edited February 2019

I totally agree with that. There's some amazing shit on there.

Go to the subreddit. It’s more active and less cancer.

• edited February 2019

I wouldn't recommend anyone to go on TWD Telltale subreddit,it's fucking terrible,full of kids and bad memes.

Go to the subreddit. It’s more active and less cancer.

• That's, like, an opposite of this site!

iFoRias posted: »

I wouldn't recommend anyone to go on TWD Telltale subreddit,it's fucking terrible,full of kids and bad memes.

• Exactly lol. Yea the subreddit has some kids and bad memes but this place is worse in those departments imo. At least the subreddit has a community that’s generally enthusiastic about this season and actually cares. After Telltale went under these forums have been filled with negativity and pessimism to a degree that just makes me sad, this place used to be really cool and I’d always check it daily but now I rarely come back here. And (while this may be controversial and piss people off I don’t give af) I find most of people’s general “opinions” on here to be pretty fucking wack now, their are a lot of good people still on here of course, but their are also a lot of loud ones who claim certain aspects of this season are cons when, to me, they are 100% pros. I feel like the overall situation of Telltale’s downfall has rubbed off WAY harder on people here then the subreddit. I honestly loved Broken Toys and think it’s my favorite episode this season (with Done Running at a close second) and thought it was a nice step up from Suffer the Children, which I still liked. TFS has been the best since Season 1 and people on here act like it’s ANF’s second son or some shit. The amount of people on here that came down on Broken Toys compared to the praise it rightfully got on the subreddit was really the final straw for me.

DabigRG posted: »

That's, like, an opposite of this site!

• this place used to be really cool

Back in 2013-2014 maybe,i didn't have an account back then but i was lurking on the forums and it was pretty cool imo,but this place fucking died after A New Frontier came out.

You don't know what you're talking about,the negativity on this forum right now is nothing compared to ANF,pretty much everyone loved this season,there's like 2 negative threads and you say this forum is filled with negativity ?

Exactly lol. Yea the subreddit has some kids and bad memes but this place is worse in those departments imo. At least the subreddit has a co

• The subreddit is fine for if you want memes (and I mean memes are always good) but you arnt going to find real discussion over there. Its a bit forced positive circle jerky over there (and Im not gonna act like theres no circle jerking over here either) but many people on the subreddit are people who dont seem to really care much about how the story is taking place and take it at its surface value and dont like to think about how its clearly not the best quality there can be. Its the same type of people who would give positive reviews to A New Frontier on steam being just one word like "Clem." They like it because of what Telltale's Walking Dead once was. Its hard to admit flaws in something you love, which is why many people seem to shut down any type of criticisms.

I know Im big on criticizing Telltale but its all tough love. I say it because I know it could be waaay better without even having to go super up and beyond to make the product better, and I want it to be better because I know it can reach an amazing quality if they just truly go for it. And I think everyone would benefit from a story and game that is incredible, than a game that could have been incredible, but people accepted it as incredible when in reality its mediocre and wont be remembered.

Exactly lol. Yea the subreddit has some kids and bad memes but this place is worse in those departments imo. At least the subreddit has a co

• I'd honestly rather have a group of people circle jerking over all the things the season did right than a group of people dwelling on what it did wrong.

I actually thought episode two was pretty mediocre until recently, but I thought episode three was pretty amazing, and exactly what the series needed as a buildup to the finale. I'm not ignoring the flaws you're all pointing out, I just don't think they're severe enough to take away from all the great stuff the episode did or they're just not valid in my eyes.

The subreddit is fine for if you want memes (and I mean memes are always good) but you arnt going to find real discussion over there. Its a

• Make The Walking Dead Great Again.

The subreddit is fine for if you want memes (and I mean memes are always good) but you arnt going to find real discussion over there. Its a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.