Who Will Kill Clem in Ep.4?

Possible candidates that could bring the end of Clementine in episode 4.
Lilly - A very high possibility that Lilly could be the one to take Clem out in ep.4. It'd be some Soap vs. Shepard in MW2. Clem and Lilly are weak after the boat explosion, Clem goes to deliver the killing blow but Lilly gets a sudden burst of energy and plants a knife in Clem instead. Imagine if Clem pulls a knife out of her stomach and throws into Lilly's eye just before she kills AJ. Fucking epic death.
Minerva - She hates you no matter how you treat her. Clem may have gotten the drop on her once in the boat, but Minerva will be looking for revenge in Ep.4.
Violet - If she despises you, she'll probably team up with Minerva to hunt you down. It'd be a fucking crazy turn of events if Violet was the one to take Clem out.
AJ - This would only happen if Clem is injured in the explosion and hit with deep inbeded shrapnel and is slowly bleeding out throughout that episode. Like Rick. Clem could have visions of Lee, Kenny, and some others during her journey to find the missing kids and get them back to Ericson before she runs out of time. Clem sits up against a tree and slowly bleeds to death; surrounded by AJ and all her friends. And AJ is the one to put her down before she turns. Clem is buried in the graveyard next to Brody, Marlon, and Mitch. This shrapnel journey could be replaced with a bite and play out the same way but that would be too much like Lee. Let me know who you think will kill Clem and how.

Comments

• Good to see my first assumption was wrong.
    Surprised you didn't say James, given the overt backlash some gave him.

I kinda have another scene in mind with that, but Episode 3 made it very unlikely.

• Hmmm, good theories. I could see all the living Delta members maybe getting a hold of Clem as an option too.

• If someone kills Clem I feel itll be a bit lame. The only character who could "kill Clem" that would somewhat feel "ok" would be Lilly, but Lilly is just so badly done it'll feel stupid. That being said, if someone like Minnie killed Clem, Id be annoyed. Wow, Minnie. Barley in the game, shows up for one episode, then second ep kills Clem.

If they kill her she will most likely be bit, the only other way to kill her is if she gets stabbed or shot, because they cant give her a death where she dies instantly, she needs to die of something that takes time. Would be really lame if Clem dies by being shot in the stomach.

• I considered James, but he doesn't like killing people or walkers considering he left the Whisperers.

DabigRG posted: »

Good to see my first assumption was wrong. Surprised you didn't say James, given the overt backlash some gave him. I kinda have another scene in mind with that, but Episode 3 made it very unlikely.

• I thought if putting Dorian and Sullene on the list but they're too minor to have that big of AN impact on the story. They're just there to fill up the screen.

Pyreflie posted: »

Hmmm, good theories. I could see all the living Delta members maybe getting a hold of Clem as an option too.

• Agreed. It'd have to be slow. That's where the shrapnel would come in. It'd be imbeded and couldn't be extracted without surgery - like Snake in MGSV. Clem would just be leaving a trail of blood throughout the whole episode. At the end, she'd be too weak to even stand. She'll say her goodbyes to everyone, close her eyes, and slip away. Finally at peace.

Poogers555 posted: »

If someone kills Clem I feel itll be a bit lame. The only character who could "kill Clem" that would somewhat feel "ok" would be Lilly, but

• Ch'yeah, seriously.
    Or drown.

If someone kills Clem I feel itll be a bit lame. The only character who could "kill Clem" that would somewhat feel "ok" would be Lilly, but

• It still sorta confuses me how Sullene had so little screentime.

I thought if putting Dorian and Sullene on the list but they're too minor to have that big of AN impact on the story. They're just there to fill up the screen.

• The final episode of Clementine's story. Get ready for an epic conclusion... drowns in the first two minutes.

DabigRG posted: »

Ch'yeah, seriously. Or drown.

• Lilly is now a determinant character, and thus highly unlikely to play the pivotal role of Clem-killer. I mean c'mon, almost half of the players chose to let AJ kill her...

There was a fair amount of discussion between Clem and AJ about what to do if she got bit...must be some reason for that kind of foreshadowing...

• Foreshadowing is more subtle. Like if a guy says he's going to kill someone, that's not really foreshadowing. That's just telling the audience what he's going to do. The point of foreshadowing is that it's subtle enough for the audience not to pick up on it on their first viewing of something.

Pahn711 posted: »

Lilly is now a determinant character, and thus highly unlikely to play the pivotal role of Clem-killer. I mean c'mon, almost half of the pla

• edited February 2019

So let me get this straight...you are discrediting the possibility that she gets bit by a walker because the writers weren't subtle enough about it? I think you are giving them too much credit. They had a limited amount of time to bring Clem's story to a proper end...these conversations about what to do if someone gets bit and the James theory about walkers still having a spark of the person they once were have to be relevant to driving this conclusion. Otherwise, whats the point? The player is given the opportunity to have Clem voice very strong opinions on these topics, and we are constantly reminded during these episodes that AJ learns from your words and actions.

Foreshadowing is more subtle. Like if a guy says he's going to kill someone, that's not really foreshadowing. That's just telling the audien

• Clem might end herself if AJ die or get bit

• Dude, I honestly love every friggin word In every sentence You should be a writer!

• With how much shit she has gone through for that kid, I wouldn't be surprised.

hopefulfx posted: »

Clem might end herself if AJ die or get bit

• Not saying it's impossible but it would play out similarly to my shrapnel theory

So let me get this straight...you are discrediting the possibility that she gets bit by a walker because the writers weren't subtle enough a

• I’d say the good ol walker is a pretty safe candidate to bet on as well, they seem to always get the kill for most of the main characters in this universe. I know “popular WD character getting bitten” has been done to death but getting a walker bite itself is very unique from a narrative standpoint because it allows the character to have their dramatic/epic final moments before they die.

• We had that with Lee and his march to the Marsh House. Clem needs to pull a Rick slowly deteriorate from blood loss before the final goodbye.

I’d say the good ol walker is a pretty safe candidate to bet on as well, they seem to always get the kill for most of the main characters in

• edited February 2019

Sure, we've seen death by walker bite plenty of times..but in Lee's case, we didn't have a choice. What if this time, the player is confronted with two options: risk getting bit to save AJ or save herself? Pretty compelling decision IMO. The circumstances that bring about this fate can still be be unique and interesting, even if the end result is the same.

I think episode 4 is going to have an unprecedented number of determinant paths...which is exciting. Finally give the players full control over how the story ends.

We had that with Lee and his march to the Marsh House. Clem needs to pull a Rick slowly deteriorate from blood loss before the final goodbye.

• If it comes down to AJ or Clem - that 93% percent Walker saviors will save AJ. Meaning the choice would be too easy for some to make. Now if we use your get bit or let someone else get bit theory with whoever you romanced; that would be a harder choice IMO. I'll save AJ everyday of the week, but if it comes down to Clem or Violet/Louis that would be a but more compelling because no matter what, someone that we love is getting bit.

Sure, we've seen death by walker bite plenty of times..but in Lee's case, we didn't have a choice. What if this time, the player is confront

• James practically begged Clem to not allow AJ to become a killer...he feared it would lead to a violent path that would be near impossible to recover from...what if he ends up doing something colossally worse than killing Marlon in episode 1? You can't envision any action that AJ could take in episode 4 that would cause players to turn him on and decide that Clem's life is more valuable?

Remember that Kenny was a very popular character after season 1...I certainly couldn't have imagined making a decision to kill him at that time. But as the events of season 2 played out, that choice became easier (even though it was still a tough call for me personally). So until we see the circumstances, I don't think you can make any assumptions about player reaction.

If it comes down to AJ or Clem - that 93% percent Walker saviors will save AJ. Meaning the choice would be too easy for some to make. Now if

• Do you think AJ is turning into a monster after killing Lilly and needs to be put down before he snaps and kills someone else? Like Kenny? Just put him out of his misery? Take poor AJ out to pasture? Cause that would be very interesting to see play out. Like Carol and Lizzie.

James practically begged Clem to not allow AJ to become a killer...he feared it would lead to a violent path that would be near impossible t

• I dont agree with the original comment you're replying to because Clem can easily be bit, but it be a bit annoying if she predictably does. Sure its "foreshadowing" her death, but god damn, foreshadowing thats basically "YO PICK THE CHOICE WHAT DOES AJ DO IF YOU GET BIT FAM SHOOT YOU OR LEAVE YOU?" and then clem actually gets bit and then that choice leads to AJ shooting you or not isnt good foreshadowing. Its basically telling you "clem gets bit lol." Foreshadowing thats more subtle is always better, or if they make a twist on what it seemed to be foreshadowing. For example that choice made in ep 3, Id much rather have that lead to something else other than Clem being bit because at least that changes the whole "hardcore foreshadowing to this happening" to be twisted and change your expectation. (if done correctly ofc)

So let me get this straight...you are discrediting the possibility that she gets bit by a walker because the writers weren't subtle enough a

• Splinter from the boat that becomes infected... ;)

• The AJ theory is actually really interesting. I would honestly love to see that and it'd be a pretty dignified way for Clementine to go out.

• I thought so too. Clem has to save everybody one last time before the end.

ralo229 posted: »

The AJ theory is actually really interesting. I would honestly love to see that and it'd be a pretty dignified way for Clementine to go out.

• Certainly seems plausible to me...teaching AJ to atone for killing Marlon and suppress his anger vs. encouraging this violent behavior in the name of survival was a central theme of episodes 2 and 3. Killing Lilly has to be the final straw...and this decision should have repercussions (beyond Lilly or James being alive) that lead to unique, separate paths for AJ in episode 4.

Do you think AJ is turning into a monster after killing Lilly and needs to be put down before he snaps and kills someone else? Like Kenny? J

• edited February 2019

For me, the journey is more important than the destination. This is a game set in the zombie apocalypse...you have to expect someone the player cares about to be bit at some point (hasn't happened so far this season), no foreshadowing is even necessary. I just hope the circumstances that cause this to happen are interesting and driven by player choice.

I dont agree with the original comment you're replying to because Clem can easily be bit, but it be a bit annoying if she predictably does.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.