Hardest choice(s) throuhought the entire series. *Spoilers*

edited March 2019 in The Walking Dead

Well guys, it's almost over now. In a few weeks we'll get the definitive conclusion to Clementine's story and the telltale series as a whole (I really doubt there will be a dlc, but who knows). I know this question has been asked more than likely a few times now in all those years, but since we're getting new seasons and episodes over time, there's also new choices. There's still one more episode to go, and I think it's fairly possible that it will contain at least one really hard decision. I thought this was good time to make this thread though. Before the finale. What was the hardest choice so far?

For me personally, the final major choice of season 1 still takes the cake for me. I told Clem to shoot Lee but honestly... I don't know if I did the right thing. Both choices are awful for Clem and it's really difficult to determine the best option for her (I think Lee wouldn't care about what happened to him or at least he would care more about Clem's mental health). Some people say that killing someone affects the person forever ("it breaks something inside of you" Lee says if you decide to let him turn). That may be true, but is leaving Clem with the torment of knowing her best friend has turned into a monster any better? This is a very delicate discussion as many people has different perceptions on it. Maybe leaving Lee to turn would be the safest option for Clem too, but I still couldn't do it.

Saying goodbye to Kenny before getting into Wellington was hard too, but I'm fully convinced it was for the best. And Kenny begging me to leave him made the choice a bit easier.

Also from Broken Toys...

The last choice surprised me. I was expecting a kill Lilly in front of AJ scenario but not telling him to kill her. That got me totally off guard, I don't know why I hadn't thought about it. I waited the whole episode to kill Lilly and I would even do it in front of AJ if it was necessary but making him do it? I can't. He's still a kid which means he doesn't have a full understanding of how things should work. I can't expect him to see that killing Lilly was a pragmatic decision that can't be taken that easily and never apply that to every though situation you find yourself in. AJ showed signs of instability that Clem never did for instance and since I particularly believe he is Carver's son, I have to be very careful about what I teach him. The chances of he becoming a major threat to everyone (including Clem) is real and shouldn't be ignored. Of course, leaving Lilly alive isn't any better, but I felt it was the right thing to do, and I can still save AJ now. But I gotta say: It was really hard ordering AJ to put that gun down.

Let's see what the final episode will bring to us..

Comments

• edited March 2019

Season 1 - I don't think there was a really hard choice in this season. If I had to pick then I say it's "Take the stuff from the car/Leave it" because it was about your morality. Either you take the occasion and think about people that got robbed or you leave it, but you know it's going to be harder for you to make it later.

Season 2 - Go to Wellington ending

Season 3 - Player having to choose between fighting David or not.

Season 4 - Letting AJ save Louis. Very risky choice that turned out to have AJ saving Louis the only really good one since he got kicked once and that's all.

• The hardest choice for me was shoot or leave Lee. I ended up leaving him because I felt like that's what my Lee would have wanted to do for Clem. Of course he didn't want to turn but I also don't think he wanted to have Clem be the one to take his life, even if he was going to die or tur anyway.
    The last choice in ep 3 of TFS was definitely tough. I didn't want to have AJ be the one to shoot and I didn't want Lily to survive after everything she had done. It was also tough to let AJ save Louis in the scene before like somebody mentioned. That was hard as hell for me to decide to do.
    Staying in Wellington from Season Two was a hard choice for me as well. I wanted her to stay with Kenny, but I wanted Clem and AJ safe and I knew Kenny really wanted that for them too.

• The hardest choices require the strongest wills I left Lee but let Jane die and stayed when Kenny but I had to have Lily killed I know Aj will be ok despite what James tells me I have Kenny the benefit of the doubt even though everyone said he was crazy and we found Wellington so that’s gotta be my choices

• When I look back on it, Season One had the hardest choices. Having a shortage of food, and deciding who would eat that night wasn't a fun mini-game, but it stuck with me. Deciding whether to shoot someone I cared about or let him turn, not knowing if that meant he'd suffer until someone did finally put him out of his misery was hard. Trying to choose between Carley and Doug, knowing I can't save everyone was rough.

But by the end of Season One, it altered from you can't save everyone to you can't save anyone. I think by the time that realization came across, choices stopped having as strong an impact. All roads lead to Rome.

• For me

Season 1 - Kill Larry / Help Lilly save him
    Season 2 - Sit with Kenny / Luke at the dinner table
    Season 3 - Uhh...idk, all of 'em were pretty easy
    Season 4 - Let AJ kill Lilly or not

• Deciding Lee's fate at the end of S1 and telling AJ to shoot or not Lilly on Broken Toys was the hardest choices imo.

Also killing or letting the dog Sam suffer, that wasn't a hard choice but that scene messed me up. Chop Sarita's arm off, Help Luke or Cover Luke, Pull Jane up or tell her to help Sarah and Save Louis or Violet.

• The hardest choices for me (and my choices):
    Season 1: Let Lee Turn vs Shoot Him (I would shoot Lee :-( )
    Season 2: Shoot Kenny vs Let Him Kill Jane (I would let him kill Jane)
    Season 3: Go Help Kate in Richmond vs Go Help Gabe and David (That depends on Clementine - if she goes with Javi, I would choose to go after Gabe)
    Season 4: Save Louis vs Save Violet (I would save Louis)

• But by the end of Season One, it altered from you can't save everyone to you can't save anyone. I think by the time that realization came across, choices stopped having as strong an impact. All roads lead to Rome.

These are true words of a Prophet

Poptarts posted: »

When I look back on it, Season One had the hardest choices. Having a shortage of food, and deciding who would eat that night wasn't a fun mi

• Saying goodbye to Jane.

• I’m going off of how hard decisions were on my first play through.

S1: Kill Larry or Help Lily save him.

S2: Shoot Kenny or Look Away

ANF: Kill or spare Lingard

TFS: Kill or spare Lily

Michonne: Kill or spare Randall

• edited March 2019

Believing that Telltale, who made TWD Season 1 in 2012, is the same studio who made A New Frontier.

• no they actually weren't mostly the same team :blush:

AronDracula posted: »

Believing that Telltale, who made TWD Season 1 in 2012, is the same studio who made A New Frontier.

• s1: Kill Larry or Save Him
    s2: Kill Kenny or Let Jane Die
    anf: kill conrad or ava
    tfs: uh... whatever i should name willy's bomb cuz thats gonna matter so much in episode 4!!!11111!!
    michonne: dont remember.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.