Am i the only one sick of mourning Lee?

I love Lee as much as the next stan, but when are we gonna mourn Kenny?

Comments

• Honestly I don’t mourn anymore , we must move on and remember the good times with Lee instead of the bad.

• I agree; we should mourn Jane more often.

• exactly. She's the #1 most underrated S2 character.

I agree; we should mourn Jane more often.

• Fuck Kenny. We need to mourn that chocolate cake Joan made in ANF.

• After knowing this game for 6.5 years it became lame and weird to still mourn Lee....wtf.

• Yes it's lame but that's all these pathetic writers can do anymore
    they rely on cheap ass season 1's nostalgia to make us feel something
    Its like all the characters who died for Clem are not even worth mentioning
    and Lee's the only one that matters now it sucks.

• I agree.

Honestly it takes away from Lee's character and his death. Lee dying was huge and the impact was he was gone. And thats what made it great. The dream in S2 was already kinda pushing it, but then doing it again in S4 was just...come on.

Like yes I enjoy the Lee dreams, but its complete fan service thats completely irrelevant to the story, and again, takes away from Lee's death. Lee being gone doesnt feel as impactful when we keep getting to see him again. But Lee being gone for good makes you feel more and remember that moment. Gone is gone. Dead is dead, and he isnt coming back. But then the writers ruin that whole point of "Lee the character we all love is gone for good" by always just constantly bringing him back for dream shit. It ruins that "memory of Lee" if we just see and talk to him again even though hes dead, opposed to feeling like youre truly remembering a loved one who died long ago.

Its already annoying the only person Clem seems to every think about is Lee despite the large amount of other peoples shes been with, but thats not too bad. Im sure she will talk about Lee. But seriously the dreams of him just ruin the whole point of "gone is gone" and that impact of Lee dying imo.

• S2 had the right amount of mourn to it, but after that it got kinda stale. It made sense for Clem to talk about Lee in the Kenny flashback. I also thought giving AJ "Lee" for a middle name was nice. But when Clem brought up Lee to Ava, I was like sigh with a double eye roll. I like the flashback in S4 though. Maybe we'll see him one last time if Clem dies.

• That chocolate cake had so much potential and character development.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Fuck Kenny. We need to mourn that chocolate cake Joan made in ANF.

• It had more development than Javi and David combined

That chocolate cake had so much potential and character development.

• That cake was a lie!

• I just got up and now am in the mood for some cake, lol.

AronDracula posted: »

That cake was a lie!

• Would you want walker skin seasoning with that?

I just got up and now am in the mood for some cake, lol.

• Ikr, really weird

After knowing this game for 6.5 years it became lame and weird to still mourn Lee....wtf.

• Ma name is Alpha and am ‘ere for ma daughta.

Would you want walker skin seasoning with that?

• Just don't order from Glados.

I just got up and now am in the mood for some cake, lol.

• Is that a 'Portal 2' reference? :o

Just don't order from Glados.

• You didn't figure it out by my statement on the cake?

Is that a 'Portal 2' reference?

• No one's mourning him, not in game at least. I'd think everyone realized why Lee's memory is relevant to this specific story... you know, considering Clem and AJ and the quite obvious parallel between S1 and S4. But I guess we do need everything spelled out to us.

• edited March 2019

Forget Kenny.

@Cleminator93 remember the good times with Lee instead of the bad.

That's actually pretty wise.

@Poogers555 Like yes I enjoy the Lee dreams

For what little it's worth, I thought the TFS dream was enjoyably meta.

@Wheres_Dinner But when Clem brought up Lee to Ava, I was like sigh with a double eye roll.

I saw part of that scene last week and I'm trying to remember the context of that.

@RobertHirschko1 Ma name is Alpha and am ‘ere for ma daughta.

Wait, what?

@IronWoodLover No one's mourning him, not in game at least. I'd think everyone realized why Lee's memory is relevant to this specific story... you know, considering Clem and AJ and the quite obvious parallel between S1 and S4. But I guess we do need everything spelled out to us.

I think the thread's primarily about why he keeps coming up as much as he does, in the way that he does.
    Also, AJ's relationship with Clementeen could've just been it's own thing. Like, the parallel is fine, but sometimes it doesn't need to be so stressed.

• No because I have never played that game before. I had to Google what you mean, lol.

You didn't figure it out by my statement on the cake?

• Do you watch ‘El Walking Dead’?

DabigRG posted: »

Forget Kenny. @Cleminator93 remember the good times with Lee instead of the bad. That's actually pretty wise. @Poogers5

• No.

Do you watch ‘El Walking Dead’?

• Clem mentioning Lee to Ava was because Ava told Clem that everyone needs something in the apocalypse, like she has TNF to keep her going so Clem can mention how she used to have Lee as hers.

Forget Kenny. @Cleminator93 remember the good times with Lee instead of the bad. That's actually pretty wise. @Poogers5

• edited March 2019

Oh.
    You know, I suppose you could just slot it in as another "Ava is Clementine," but honestly, that particular parallel doesn't exactly line up.

Clem mentioning Lee to Ava was because Ava told Clem that everyone needs something in the apocalypse, like she has TNF to keep her going so Clem can mention how she used to have Lee as hers.

• I remember a TT dev writer saying they always intended for there to be a parallel to Lee and Clementine's relationship. Not sure if this concept was intended straight from the beginning or developed during S2 when we were obviously introduced to AJ.

Kinda cool to see a very subtle and seemingly insignificant subplot in S2 (a lot of people hated AJ and didn't understand why he existed) flower and blossom to the be the main plot and focus in the series' very last season and the constant driving character development for Clementine.

• How come?

No.

• edited March 2019

No it's just stupid fan service (kinda like this season in a nutshell) it's exhausting like hey let's put a Lee dream after the party because why not right ? Ugh.

It was good obviously but it's just so unnecessary.
    Also now that they used the "Lee card" in episode 3 if they use it again in episode 4 it won't have the same effect.

No one's mourning him, not in game at least. I'd think everyone realized why Lee's memory is relevant to this specific story... you know, co

• I mean, there was also Shel & Becca, Carlos & Sarah, and to an extent David & Ava before them. Plus a few other debatable ones on the fringe.
    Anyway, a parallel to those two is about as obvious as the one he had Kenny(& to an extent maybe Lilly)--it's one of the big hallmarks of first installment of the series.

Kinda cool to see a very subtle and seemingly insignificant subplot in S2

Uh, not really the words I'd use to describe that, but whatever.

I remember a TT dev writer saying they always intended for there to be a parallel to Lee and Clementine's relationship. Not sure if this co

1. Because I don't have Mexican channels.
    2. The game is the only thing I've really touched of the franchise and that was something of a fluke itself.

How come?

• Thing is, I don’t think they’re going for “gone is gone”. I interpret it as “never really gone”. Is it too much? Yeah, maybe. But to always think about someone as influential to her as he is, it just makes sense to me that she’d try to find ways to calm herself by talking to him. We tend to think about people like this during monents when it feels most applicable so I don’t find it irrelevant or unnecessary. Obviously its fanservice, but I believe it also does justice to someone like Clem as well. A bit melodramatic and shit making it a dream sequence though.

Though they could’ve sprinkled more Kenny and co in the mix as well.

Poogers555 posted: »

I agree. Honestly it takes away from Lee's character and his death. Lee dying was huge and the impact was he was gone. And thats what mad

• Its not so much Clem mentioning him, but it kinda kills the impact of us being able to talk to him again after he died in such a way.

Its a bit different with things like Kenny and Jane. Id still be down for a flashback like scene with them simply because their deaths were so fucking trash that I just want a scene that feels like a real goodbye. Like a dream with Kenny for example would have been a nice send off for that character after his trash ANF death. We got that second flashback but it was kinda lame considering we all know it was added just to try and please fans for how shit their deaths were, and it was a flashback, thus pretty pointless in the story overall as we know Kenny is just gonna die. Atleast the Lee dream we can speak of events happening now in the present so it doesnt feel like a complete waste of space (and atleast it also doesnt feel like it was just thrown in after tons of backlash)

Sarunas21 posted: »

Thing is, I don’t think they’re going for “gone is gone”. I interpret it as “never really gone”. Is it too much? Yeah, maybe. But to always

• how the fuck can you actually NOT do a double eye roll, if you mean with both eyes and thats what im assuming then how do you do a single eye roll with one eye

S2 had the right amount of mourn to it, but after that it got kinda stale. It made sense for Clem to talk about Lee in the Kenny flashback.

• It's just the term I used. I could've said eye roll but you can't do that with just one eye. I didn't say eyes roll cause that sounded dumb. Full body eye roll sounds weird to me so I used double eye roll. Relax

Hersani posted: »

how the fuck can you actually NOT do a double eye roll, if you mean with both eyes and thats what im assuming then how do you do a single eye roll with one eye

• no we should mourn the spinach Clint made since no one ate it

• Neither of them got eaten, or at least nobody saw them get eaten? Spinach will go bad loooong before chocolate cake will. We must look for it.

no we should mourn the spinach Clint made since no one ate it

• I think people should be mourning these forums. It’s really shit these days

• Why because of my opinion on ‘A New Froniter’ and the final season? ?

I think people should be mourning these forums. It’s really shit these days

• edited March 2019

No it's just really dead compared to the Season 2 and even ANF days it's super sad.

Pretty much all the veterans are gone,there's only a few of us now and all that's left are the die hard fanboys who doesn't care if the game is mediocre as long as their Queen Clem is alive,and some other nobodies.

Why because of my opinion on ‘A New Froniter’ and the final season? ?

• Who you callin a nobody?

iFoRias posted: »

No it's just really dead compared to the Season 2 and even ANF days it's super sad. Pretty much all the veterans are gone,there's only a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.