7 long road ahead
6 no time left
5 a house divided
4 broken toys
3 around every corner
2 starved for help
1 no going back

Worst to best seasons
5 Michonne series I’m sorry but I just kinda didn’t like the story in my opinion the only thing in it that kept me playing it was Randall as in my opinion was probably the best villain in the telltale series as he is almost pure evil but you see he wasn’t always like this until his dad beat him which probably is a major factor as to why he beats people to keep them in line as soon as he died in ep3 even after I spared I lost interest as Randall should’ve been the main villain not Norma
4 A New frontier I didn’t hate it as much as you then people but it annoyed how quickly they killed off Kenny if you stayed with him as he was a bigger character than lee in my opinion
I liked the Garcia’s , Conrad and Tripp , the rest I couldn’t care about it was more of a filler season for me in my opinion they shouldn’t have forced clementine in the story and instead did season 4 following her , AJ and Kenny/Jane/Edith and added them into the conflict with the delta or at least have the delta capture them if they have that much trouble with determinant characters I would’ve loved to see Kenny and lilly again except this time as actual enemies
3 the final season I feel it’s a good story with good characters and villains as I like it how they’re expanding most of the characters instead of just meeting new characters and killing them off and just meeting new people and the villains I liked Lilly in my opinion makes a better villain than ally
2 season 2 I loved its story and I like how it focused a lot on Kenny as he is my favourite character and I especially love the fight scene at the end
1 of course season 1 is first you can never better the originals

Comments

• Worst to Best for me:
    5: All of ANF - Every episode was equally bad IMO.
    4: Michonne - Randall was the only good character.
    3: S2 - I liked it. The whole Kenny vs. Luke thing reminded me of Rick and Shane. Internal conflict is what TWD is all about.
    2: TFS - Very enjoyable. Good characters. It was a breath of fresh air into a franchise that had been going through a rough patch for a few years. Glad to see TWD as a whole is back on track.
    1: S1 - There's a sense of dread throughout the whole season but it has its share of happy moments only for them to be taken away in a split second. For all of S1 there was a sense of uncertainty; not knowing what would happen next or who was going to die. It was a very rememberable experience.

• 5 : Michonne -- Randall made that series playable if I'm honest. It was really difficult to be attached to any of the characters, especially as Sam had already been given mercy from Norma on one occasion.
    4 : ANF -- It had the benefit of some good characters and the burden of a bad layout. I think it could've been a powerful series if we'd been able to play it without a time-skip involved, and become attached to the characters the same way we did with Season One.
    3 : Season 2 -- It's not a bad season honestly, but it suffered for us playing Clementine so soon. This really made the adult characters seem incompetent and incapable in far too many instances, which damaged their character. Carver had the potential to be a really great villain, but never really succeeded.
    2 : TFS -- I've enjoyed it. The characters main faults are the lack of attention a few of them get. Seems very formulaic in that whoever gets the spotlight dies at the end of the episode ( Ep 1 Marlon and Brody, Ep2 Mitch, Ep3 albeit optional still holds for James/Lily ). The first two episodes were the strongest thus far, though I have hope that it'll finish well.
    1 : S1 -- It started very well balanced in dark and light. Honestly, following this season everything else seemed far too well supplied. All of the characters were well performed, and decently fleshed out although later entries did lack a connection. There was a sense that connection might be made in Season 2.

• I agree with the season list. Kinda want to try this at some point.

• edited March 2019

Best to worst:
    1. Season 1: Do I need to say why?
    2. Season 2: Good but I feel like the characters were kind of rushed and Clementine was too young to be the protagonist, thus making adults look pathetic and useless.
    3. The Final Season: Enjoyable so far but there are some flaws players don't want to admit.
    4. Michonne: Terrible. Too short, lack of storytelling, characters are forgettable and choices mean nothing.
    5. A New Frontier: Worst mistake Telltale has ever done. Everything about it is garbage and shit. The main reason the studio was shut down.

• edited March 2019
    1. Season 1
    2. Season 2
    3. The Final Season (this placement can definitely change depending on the last episode)
    4. A New Frontier
    5. Michonne

Edit: gonna rank the episodes per season because I’m bored.

S1
    1. No Time Left
    2. Starved For Help
    3. Around Every Corner
    4. Long Road Ahead
    5. A New Day

S2
    1. No Going Back
    2. All That Remains
    3. A House Divided
    4. In Harms Way
    5. Amid the Ruins

TFS
    1. Broken Toys
    2. Done Running
    3. Suffer the Children

ANF
    1. Thicker Than Water
    2. Ties That Bind part 1
    3. Ties That Bind part 2
    4. Above the Law
    5. From the Gallows

Michonne
    1. Give No Shelter
    2. What We Deserve
    3. In Too Deep

• Me after playing ANF

• edited March 2019
    1. Season 1
    2. Season 2
    3. Final Season (Might change based on episode 4)
    4. ANF and Michonne

Gonna clump ANF and Michonne together, both are really fucking trash, and suffer from many of the same problems. I will say ANF is probs worst simply because it was a "main entry" to the series while Michonne was just a pointless spin off

• edited March 2019

1: Starved for Help (102)
    2: No Time Left (105)
    3: No Going Back (205)
    4: A House Divided (202)
    5: Done Running (401)
    6: A New Day (101)
    7: Long Road Ahead (103)
    8: Around Every Corner (104)
    9: In Harm's Way (203)
    10: All That Remains (201)
    11: Suffer the Children (402)
    12: Amid The Ruins (204)
    13: Above The Law (303)
    14: From The Gallows (305)
    15: Broken Toys (403)
    16: Thicker Than Water (304)
    17: Give No Shelter (M2)
    18: What We Deserve (M3)
    19: In Too Deep (M1)
    20: Ties That Bind Part 1 (301)
    21: Ties That Bind Part 2 (302)

Overall:

1: Season 1
    2: Season 2
    3: TFS/ANF
    4: Michonne

• edited March 2019

Oh, it's one of these huh? Yeesh.

Uh, off the top of my head, here are the game's themselves:
    1. Season 1-Most complete story, Most developed characters, and probably the most heartfelt overall, though it can probably be attributed to the luck of being first and excruciatingly planned.

1. Season 2-Had a great premise and probably still my favorite cast conceptually to start off, but suffered from gradually shifting priorities and a seeming lack of confidence after the first two episodes, leading to incomplete and outright aborted arcs, an inconsistent direction, and a botched set of conflicting, sometimes anvilicious philosophies. To me personally, this experience was patiently waited letdown, one that the series never overcame.

2. TFS-The general feel is alright and some of the cast is intriguingly distinct, but honestly suffers from a few similar issues as ANF(and in at least area, Season 2) when it comes to the story and can't escape feeling like a desperate(and futile) attempt to make up at the last minute. On it's own merits, though, some of the pieces are fine, but I swear, it has little to no structure or depth worth getting into. The villains make the plot and goddamn, do two of them contribute to why it's so bare. Not even controversial, really, just bare. Oh and romance is back from ANF for some reason and much like the villains & the plot, it is pretty straightforward and encompassing.

3. ANF- The stereotypical choice, but unfortunately warranted when it's done. It had an understated amount of potential in its own right and I actually found myself liking more characters than in Season 2, but much like Season 2, this installment ultimately had crippling issues. Constricted by allegedly the lowest runtimes of Telltale Games or not, it somehow had a more bizarre time developing the majority of it's cast and the direction is egregious unsteady due to literal confusing and/or abandoning certain elements in the second half. This results in a game & story that, despite being much more streamlined, less depressing/cynical, a greater sense of humor and connection, and having the chance of a more upbeat ending, fails to be little more than average. It's also ended the point where a lot of people were put off from the series if they hadn't been already and while I don't like to entertain the sheer degree of melodrama this franchise gets, I have to say it is warranted. After being very disillusioned by Season 2, I was one of the few who went through ANF not being against everything on "principal" and hoping to enjoy what deviations came in a glorified spinoff, but by the end, was rather appalled at how oddly unoriginal, unfocused, and in some regards shallow it was, to say nothing of the correlation with it's fanbase. Oh and ANF!Clementine(aka Tangerine, MiniJane, Edgy Clem, etc) is an insult.

I'm leaving off Michonne cause I never played it and it's been so long since I seen it. However, I'd still say it's somewhat better as a whole compared to Season 2's story. Also, I forgot 400 Days, which is hard to rank due to being a different situation.

As for episodes, woo boy.

• Season list:

5: ANF - This game was the cause of what shut telltale down. You know your game is bad when it literally kills your company in the end.

4: Michonne - Pretty boring miniseries that could have been a lot better. Wasn’t much focus on character development.

3: The Final season - Overall this season has been good so far. This placement could change based on how the final episode turns out.

2: Season 2 - I absolutely adore this game and it holds a special place in my heart. It’s the first game that made me bawl and cry my eyes out.

1: Season 1 - This season definitely has the strongest writing of the series. It’s probably the greatest walking dead story ever told, and I doubt anything in the franchise’s future will be able to top it.

• edited March 2019

Season list:

Season 2 : I dont hate that game, but Kenny, Jane and Luke ( Clem doesnt counts) were the only ones who i cared and feels like had some development. the cabin group is the worst compared to all anothers, with a kid doing adult stuff and all. the way that sarah and Nick were......... dont, just dont. This game was the worse in the entire series for me, episode 4 was terrible. Carlos, THE DOCTOR, dont know a difference from a dog bite to a walker bite... 3/10

4: Michonne : I kinda liked it, but i preffer to focus on clem story, didint feel atatched to the characters and all. nothing against it. 6/10

3 : ANF - I dont get why this game had so much hate. Choices mattering a little more i think, cool determinant characters like Conrad. Not perfect, but a better group then season 2 for sure. Solved the "teenager doing adult stuff problem" Javi is a ok protagonist 7/10

The Final season - Good Job, keep going with it 9/10 so far

Season 1 the greatest walking dead story ever told. Telltale masterpiece XD - 10/10

I dont remember the episode names, but TWD 2 episode 4 is the worst of them all.

• ‘Amid The Ruins’.

igormp posted: »

Season list: Season 2 : I dont hate that game, but Kenny, Jane and Luke ( Clem doesnt counts) were the only ones who i cared and feels l

• edited March 2019

Choices mattering a little more i think

They only matter when you play as Clem in the flashbacks. Javi's choices never affected Clem's decision of saving either Richmond or David and Gabe.

cool determinant characters like Conrad

"He is the best determinant character because he didn't die at the end" - Everyone who chose to spare him.
    The only time he was well developed was in Episode 3, but he was useless in Episode 4 and 5. All he did was talk and for some fucking reasons, he disappears at the beginning of Episode 5 when he just saved Javier at the end of Episode 4. There is NO excuse for that.

Not perfect, but a better group then season 2 for sure.

Yeah, a group of people with a cunt who wants you to betray your own brother and become her lover, with a fucking liability who didn't do anything to redeem himself and ratted his own uncle for shooting a man who pointed a gun on his head, especially after his sister's death and with a fucking asshole who treats you like shit over absolutely anything and wanted to kill you even if you don't even get close to Kate is way better than characters who are more realistic.
    Tripp is nice to you no matter how much of scumbag you are to him. Eleanor is a bitch who did nothing but stand around, be a doctor and betray the group even if you didn't kill Conrad. Jesus is just another fucking fan-service who was there to call you an asshole for killing the man who murdered a little girl and be ex-machina in episode 5.

Solved the "teenager doing adult stuff problem"

If only it had better writing and A New Frontier was actually Season 3. Clementine was absolutely useless in that game, she was obviously there just for marketing (And I fell for it).

Javi is a ok protagonist

He was the only good thing and character in the entire game. Nuff said.

Season list: Season 2 : I dont hate that game, but Kenny, Jane and Luke ( Clem doesnt counts) were the only ones who i cared and feels l

• Why are you barking down his throat? He is entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not. Profanity does not accentuate your ideas either.

AronDracula posted: »

Choices mattering a little more i think They only matter when you play as Clem in the flashbacks. Javi's choices never affected Clem

• Okay, upon reflection, I'm gonna separate some of these into separate posts because man is that cluttered.
    Season 1
    1. Starved for Help
    2. No Time Left
    3. Long Road Ahead
    4. Around Every Corner
    5. A New Day

Season 2
    1. A House Divided
    2. All That Remains
    3. No Going Back
    4. Amid the Ruins
    5. In Harm's Way

ANF
    1. Above the Law
    2. Ties That Bind Part 2
    3. Thicker than Water
    4. Ties That Bind Part 1
    5. From the Gallows

TFS
    1. Done Running
    2. Suffer The Children
    3. Take Us Back
    4. Broken Toys

And finally, in terms of all the episodes compared to the each other...well, I'll have to get back to you.

• Who said that I'm criticizing his/her opinion? If he/she likes the game, it's none of my business. But his defense on the game makes no sense.

Why are you barking down his throat? He is entitled to an opinion whether you like it or not. Profanity does not accentuate your ideas either.

• You think that...Season 2.... is a 3/10 and then you say that ANF...is a 7/10? LMFAO

• It looks like he's rating it on how much he thought of the characters.

You think that...Season 2.... is a 3/10 and then you say that ANF...is a 7/10? LMFAO

• The characters on ANF are terrible compared to Season 2 or any other decent story ever written

DabigRG posted: »

It looks like he's rating it on how much he thought of the characters.

• Hm, it depends on what he's ranking them by.
    He's not the first person I've seen say something like that, mind.

The characters on ANF are terrible compared to Season 2 or any other decent story ever written

• Well said sir.

AronDracula posted: »

Choices mattering a little more i think They only matter when you play as Clem in the flashbacks. Javi's choices never affected Clem

1. In Harm's Way

Boy, you really do hate Carver, huh? I'd go with Amid The Ruins, felt like a filler episode. Ep4 and Ep5 was just the writers trying to whittle down the cast to satisfy the ending, but it was done in a really obvious and boring way. Great characters and voice-acting sort of makes up for that though.

Okay, upon reflection, I'm gonna separate some of these into separate posts because man is that cluttered. Season 1 1. Starved for Help

• My favorite episode was was whichever one Becca was in because her hairstyle was similar to Alita’s in the movie Alita: Battle Angel

Ghetsis posted: »

* In Harm's Way Boy, you really do hate Carver, huh? I'd go with Amid The Ruins, felt like a filler episode. Ep4 and Ep5 was just

• in terms of what got me more invested/impacted me the most-
    s2
    tfs
    michonne
    s1
    anf
    objective quality though-
    s1
    tfs
    michonne
    s2
    anf

so yeah the two things are not linear

• Lool, sounds like me, but I liked Season Two slightly more than 'A New Frontier'. You can see why by my profile picture, duh!

You think that...Season 2.... is a 3/10 and then you say that ANF...is a 7/10? LMFAO

• No, he is not. ;)

Hm, it depends on what he's ranking them by. He's not the first person I've seen say something like that, mind.

• See, the thing with Amid the Ruins is that it feels like it could've been good filler--a breather, if you will. It felt like an episode where, with the villain dead and the group having taken more than it's share of licks, time could be spent following their reactions and recovery while planning their next move. This means the conflicts and interactions could be more character based. There was also the fact that the choices were theoretically more interesting and meaningful.
    The downfall of that episode is the fact that a large amount of the focus was given of Jane at the expense of others, the choices were either downplayed in effect or outright didn't amount, and the way Nick and Sarah(and for some, Sarita and Rebecca) were killed off.

No Going Back was...okay. There's was a lot of importance centered around Kenny, Jane comes back to take Luke's spot entirely, and things don't quite play out well with the Russians, but like Amid the Ruins, it feels like the plot was centered around and defined by the characters, if not moreso given how more evenly spread it feels. I won't pretend the final fight and the multiple ending don't complicate things, but overall, I feel like the episode averages out. It's not as directed or good as the first two, but it's not as bare or disappointing as the middle pair.

* In Harm's Way Boy, you really do hate Carver, huh? I'd go with Amid The Ruins, felt like a filler episode. Ep4 and Ep5 was just

• And 'Around Every Corner'.

• What about it?

And 'Around Every Corner'.

• Another filler episode.

What about it?

• I guess...? Idk, I feel like it was probably the better of the penultimate episodes and was pretty decent in part due to Season 1 being more monster of the week with major character arcs going through to begin with.

Another filler episode.

• I thought it was tedious and dragged on too long.

I guess...? Idk, I feel like it was probably the better of the penultimate episodes and was pretty decent in part due to Season 1 being more monster of the week with major character arcs going through to begin with.

• That's kinda the middle of Season 1 in general.

I thought it was tedious and dragged on too long.

• I guess so.

That's kinda the middle of Season 1 in general.

• I was thinking about survival capacity and development. Clem surronded by adults having to do everything isnt realistic. That made all the cabin members look like stupid guys lol. But some of them are ok, like Alvim, Becca and Luke. But considering new characters, Jane was what made season 2 worth for me. The cabin group all died, while Javi's group dont, so they win here. Even some of them fucking things(Gabe) they kinda made it. and he was more well handled than Sarah for exemple. I dont like him that much, but preffer him over Sarah without a doubt. Would pick Tripp over all S2 cast (excluding Kenny, Jane and clem).
    the way they writted Sarah and Nick is worse than any ANF character for me.

But i know im against the flow here, and respect everyone who thinks otherwise.

The characters on ANF are terrible compared to Season 2 or any other decent story ever written

• I was thinking about survival capacity and development. Clem surronded by adults having to do everything isnt realistic. That made all the cabin members look like stupid guys lol. But some of them are ok, like Alvim, Becca and Luke. But considering new characters, Jane was what made season 2 worth for me. The cabin group all died, while Javi's group dont, so they win here. Even some of them fucking things(Gabe) they kinda made it. and he was more well handled than Sarah for exemple. I didint like him that much, but preffer him over Sarah without a doubt.

No, he is not.

• So why is Episode 3 better than Episode 4?

See, the thing with Amid the Ruins is that it feels like it could've been good filler--a breather, if you will. It felt like an episode wher

• Uh, for Season 1 or 2?

So why is Episode 3 better than Episode 4?

1. Didn't you say In Harm's Way was worse than Amid The Ruins?

Uh, for Season 1 or 2?

• Yes. You asked why 3 was better than 4, hence the confusion.

* Didn't you say In Harm's Way was worse than Amid The Ruins?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.