If Clem AJ Violet and Louis all survive could this be the worst season?

Ill keep this short imo we need at least one character that people will cry if they die and we haven't had one this season yet. Season 1 Lee Season 2 Kenny\Jane A New Frontier Kate/Gabe. Who this season so far has anyone really cared about that died?

Comments

• Oh boy.
    No one, really. Marlon probably comes the "closest" and he ain't ringing up that high for obvious reasons.
    We already know one of those characters is almost certainly up for [possible?] chop.

• edited March 2019

How can an ending where the characters we've grown to love die be a bad ending?

• I'll even go a little farther and say I honestly don't care if Louis or Violet die either. This season has had the worst character development in the series and that's saying a lot after playing season 2 and a New Frontier. Yeah we learned about Violets grandmother and Louis getting his parents divorced but what else? Willy being a chronic masterbator?

• Yeah I honestly don't feel for any of these characters besides Tenn really.

The fact that people feel any sort of closeness towards Violet or Louis intrigues the hell out of me.

The relationship between Clem and AJ is easily the most strongly written dynamic this season. I feel like everything else is just filler.

Antow82 posted: »

I'll even go a little farther and say I honestly don't care if Louis or Violet die either. This season has had the worst character developme

• "grown to love" is an overstatement.

How can an ending where the characters we've grown to love die be a bad ending?

• edited March 2019

Ill keep this short imo we need at least one character that people will cry if they die and we haven't had one this season yet. Season 1 Lee Season 2 Kenny\Jane A New Frontier Kate/Gabe.

hahahaha, yeah I really cried when Jane, Kate and Gabe died.

• ANF got no one to tears and honestly neither will any of these characters.

• For some maybe. But when Telltale was closing down I was thinking we'd never see Clem, AJ, Louis, or Violet again and that really bummed me out since we were supposed to see more of them. It like watching half a tv on Netflix and then it gets pulled.

"grown to love" is an overstatement.

• Only one death can make me cry, if done right, the others if dead I won't give a fuckkkkk.

• Off the top of my head:

• Marlon used to play soccer and was pretty close to the Headmaster
    • Violet liked chicken nuggets after church, eat a horse's eyeball(for some fuckin reason), and was apparently in the scouts
    • Louis comes from a wealthy family, wanted to take singing lessons, hates cantelope, and was the one who developed the rabbit/fish traps
    • Brody wanted to travel the country
    • Aasim likes to keep track of daily events so he can learn from their mistakes
    • Willy learned about archery from Marlon and bombs from Mitch ^
    • Ruby used to go boar hunting with her dad and was pretty close to the Nurse, who taught her about horticulture in addition to medical practices
    • Omar keeps a lucky rabbit's foot
    • Mitch used to get into fights and makes bombs for fun

I'll even go a little farther and say I honestly don't care if Louis or Violet die either. This season has had the worst character developme

• This is the worst season regardless of whom dies or survives.

• Yeah maybe,i agree that the characters' development has been shit this season,most of the deaths also sucked (except for Brody and Marlon) and i really wouldn't care if any of the kids die because im not attached to them at all,they're gonna have to pull something really good with Clem and AJ to impress me.

• What character development was even in ANF LMFAO

• Oh, there was actually character development in ANF.
    It was just pretty limited in flexing room and mostly with characters who were clearly flawed to begin with. Which, among the main cast, is everyone besides Tripp, Eleanor, and that Paul guy.
    There was also the fact that some of them had a chunk of their development occur offscreen. Which wouldn't have been as much of a problem if they had more time.

What character development was even in ANF LMFAO

• There were very few characters with any interesting arcs or developments in ANF imo. TFS is a step above it. It’s still not amazing writing or anything, but TFS has actually taken time to slow down and have almost every character take the spotlight. ANF felt more like an action movie

DabigRG posted: »

Oh, there was actually character development in ANF. It was just pretty limited in flexing room and mostly with characters who were clearl

• But TFS actually has characters that aren't atrocious every second of their screen time unlike ANF

This is the worst season regardless of whom dies or survives.

• What would each character have to do for you to like them?

iFoRias posted: »

Yeah maybe,i agree that the characters' development has been shit this season,most of the deaths also sucked (except for Brody and Marlon) a

• edited March 2019

Give more screentime to some of the other kids (and not just Violet and Louis) idk fucking do something with these characters,Aasim had potential to be a leader but instead he has one funny scene in EP2 and becomes irrelevant.Poor Omar just gets shot and then the raiders capture him and Aasim like wow good job guys.

Also they should've done something interesting with Willy before EP3 like he's just irrelevant for 2 episodes and barely talk,i liked Mitch and thought he was pretty cool but he died..
    Of all the characters though,I think Tenn was the best one and had the most potential,i know they were gonna focus way more on him in EP3 but idk what the fuck happened.

Its obvious the only characters that matters are Violet and Louis there's no reason to care about any of the other kids,at this point the only deaths that could impact me are Clem and/or AJ if they do it right.

What would each character have to do for you to like them?

• I prefer ‘A New Frontier’s’ cast any day of the week. I cannot stand the final season’s fan-fiction. Clementine’s ending will be so disappointing and it is unfortunate for such a great character.

But TFS actually has characters that aren't atrocious every second of their screen time unlike ANF

• But like all the characters say "How dare you!" - No one talks like this. Lol

I prefer ‘A New Frontier’s’ cast any day of the week. I cannot stand the final season’s fan-fiction. Clementine’s ending will be so disappointing and it is unfortunate for such a great character.

• I also wished the setup would have been her surrounded with adults and maybe one or two teenagers rather than the way it has panned out. In other words: the first three games.

I prefer ‘A New Frontier’s’ cast any day of the week. I cannot stand the final season’s fan-fiction. Clementine’s ending will be so disappointing and it is unfortunate for such a great character.

• Come again? Lol.

But like all the characters say "How dare you!" - No one talks like this. Lol

• In ANF so many characters say "How dare you." God, I cringe every time they say it. Like who actually talks like this? Someone at school/work says something negative about you and you respond with "How dare you." I've never heard an actual person say this in response to something. Ex. From ANF - Joan, David, Kate. I think there were more but I ain't sure.

Come again? Lol.

• Oh, I see what you mean now. Thank you for the clarification. I am not sure, but I would have loved for Javier to swear in Spanish. It would have reminded me of Rebecca Sanabria (female voice three) in ‘Saints Row 2’ and ‘The Third’.

In ANF so many characters say "How dare you." God, I cringe every time they say it. Like who actually talks like this? Someone at school/wor

• Yeah, that was weird of Javi. Guy speaks more fluent English than some of my friends. Did you catch how they were calling them Muertos for the first episode then went on to calling them Walkers? P.s Why does everyone call them Walkers? One term for each different group. Governor calls them Biters. Everyone else on the planet calls them Walkers. The Ericson kids called them Deadheads at first then went on to calling them Walkers. Da fuk?

Oh, I see what you mean now. Thank you for the clarification. I am not sure, but I would have loved for Javier to swear in Spanish. It would have reminded me of Rebecca Sanabria (female voice three) in ‘Saints Row 2’ and ‘The Third’.

• Maybe they mix with individuals who use the term ‘walkers’ and internalise this in their cognitive system? This is a form of informational social influence in Psychology.

Yeah, that was weird of Javi. Guy speaks more fluent English than some of my friends. Did you catch how they were calling them Muertos for t

• edited March 2019

To be fair, Joan is in the right position and about the right age to be saying that.

Did you catch how they were calling them Muertos for the first episode then went on to calling them Walkers? P.s Why does everyone call them Walkers? One term for each different group. Governor calls them Biters. Everyone else on the planet calls them Walkers. The Ericson kids called them Deadheads at first then went on to calling them Walkers. Da fuk?

The Cabin Group and maybe Carver called em lurkers.

In ANF so many characters say "How dare you." God, I cringe every time they say it. Like who actually talks like this? Someone at school/wor

• Carver - "There's been increasing Walker activity along the fence."

To be fair, Joan is in the right position and about the right age to be saying that. Did you catch how they were calling them Muertos

• Ah.

Carver - "There's been increasing Walker activity along the fence."

• Luke - "Clem, look at me. Pull out your gun and shoot those damn Walkers."

Ah.

• This is what I am insinuating: they associate themselves with individuals who use the same word to describe zombies. I like the term ‘muertos’ though.

Luke - "Clem, look at me. Pull out your gun and shoot those damn Walkers."

• In cases like his, I think it's more a case of the term rubbing off on them contextually.
    Though it's worth noting he calls em zombies once in an unused line.

Luke - "Clem, look at me. Pull out your gun and shoot those damn Walkers."

• Marlon calls them Deadheads but Violet calls them Walkers 2 minutes later and Clem didn't say anything

This is what I am insinuating: they associate themselves with individuals who use the same word to describe zombies. I like the term ‘muertos’ though.

• Lee said Walker to Sean then said Zombie to Kenny before going to Walker. Weird.

In cases like his, I think it's more a case of the term rubbing off on them contextually. Though it's worth noting he calls em zombies once in an unused line.

• Lee said Walker to Sean then said Zombie to Kenny before going to Walker. Weird.

Oh-hoho foq! :lol:

Marlon calls them Deadheads but Violet calls them Walkers 2 minutes later and Clem didn't say anything

• Clem and AJ I get but I'd be fine with not seeing Louis/Violet. Wouldn't annoy me. Game's for a younger audience, but I can't imagine anyone going to school and going 'you should play TFS the cast is really cool.'

For some maybe. But when Telltale was closing down I was thinking we'd never see Clem, AJ, Louis, or Violet again and that really bummed me out since we were supposed to see more of them. It like watching half a tv on Netflix and then it gets pulled.

• When characters take the spotlight beyond Episode 1 it's not actually interesting. It's like Season 2. The characters are great but there's a lot of things that don't make sense/plot holes. Doesn't make it a shitty season, because the characters, story (mainly the first half but it's nice to see everything fall apart) and choices/moments still carry the season. In TFS it's the other way around. There's few real plot holes aside from dumb voicelines/voicelines that don't make sense, most of the qualms are personal, and the game actually does things right. But characters suck, choices/moments suck and story sucks too. It's also become incredibly new-player friendly but I don't think there's any point in doing that because the game was originally packaged with the collection to get newcomers up to speed. So overall it just ends up being so light and uninteresting after the first episode. Perhaps if there was more branching, more diverse/meaningful characters that don't exist as quriks and more twists it would end up being more than Teen Mum x High School of the Dead with boring villains.

There were very few characters with any interesting arcs or developments in ANF imo. TFS is a step above it. It’s still not amazing writing

• clap hands down this is the conversation this game needs

Lee said Walker to Sean then said Zombie to Kenny before going to Walker. Weird. Oh-hoho foq!

• Dont kill Louis for fuck sake. Let some cool and good people live in this world.

• Please kill him, lol.

MaikelRR_ posted: »

Dont kill Louis for fuck sake. Let some cool and good people live in this world.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.